Platinum Plan Advice?

tiggerbell

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for input about the Platinum Plan. I think I figured out the best use of this plan, there's so much "extra" stuff included, there's no time to go to the parks! So I was thinking the best use of this is 4 nights at Pop on the regular dining plan (to tour the parks) and 3 nights at the Wilderness Lodge on the Platinum Plan.

I have the new Platinum Plan brochure, which really helped, but I was looking for other people's input.

You might want to be careful about having Dining plan on both reservations-(unless of course you are getting the free dining). As far as the platinum package goes I think you have a wise plan of attack. You could do your whole stay in one hotel, but if you want to save money-I could see doing both. Also PLEASE get the Illuminations cruise(or wishes)-I think mine came to 275.00 for 8 people...It is a fantastic way to view the fireworks-very relaxing...we made a video too. I believe they reserve a boat incase anyone on platinum wants to take a boat out. I hope you have a great time.

We should be getting a phone call at the end of May (200 days out) from our Disney itinerary person to set up all the ADRs and extras. We have done the Illuminations Cruise, so we're going with the Wishes Cruise this time. We're also eating at the castle princess: , Yachtsman's :boat:, and Narcoossee's :hyper2:, plus doing the HDDR during that time!

Can you explain the dining plan warning? What am I supposed to be careful of?

Oh, sorry...when you check out of the first resort(I have read on other threads that there has been a problem using unused credits that day). Plus once you check in(at WL) you have a whole nother set of credits. This might not be a problem for you since you have some high end restaurant plans. Good luck.

When I get time this weekend, I'll post what we have planned - nary a credit will go unused! pirate:

What I would suggest (follow me here - lol) - stay 3 nights at Pop with the Dining Plan, stay 3 nights at WL on Platinum, then your last night room-only at WL.

Your Platinum Plan benefits will last from check-in on the first day until midnight on check-out day. You'll have 4 credits per person per night - so you'll have 12 credits per person - and you can spread that out over 4 days. Tours and recreation work the same way, so you'll be able to do that stuff for 4 full days.

What we did when we tried the Platinum was to start our stay with 7 nights at POR on the Silver Plan, 1 night POR room-only, 3 nights Poly Plat., 1 night Pop room-only. We left Pop at 6:30 am so the last day wasn't really an issue (trust me, after all that food you won't want another full meal!!), and I think we milked the Platinum for all it was worth. I totaled up our "savings" and it was over $2000 for 3 nights. Granted I can't believe the amount spent on the actual package itself, but at least we came out "ahead" lol!

We managed to squeeze in 'Ohana, water mice, horsebackriding, parasailing, LTT, Cirque, and Fulton's the first day. PSB, Aqua Seas, Alfredo's, Fantasmic with the "preferred" seating, and Citricos the next. Third day was Backstage Safari, Rainforest Cafe, spa treatment, V&A. Last day was room-service breakfast, Dolphins in Depth, Coral Reef, Illuminations cruise, and Yachtsman Steakhouse. We did get some park time when MK was open until midnight, but aside from that we mostly ran around, stuffed ourselves, and didn't sleep. However, it was a blast and worth every penny :wizard:

I followed what you said, the only part that isn't sinking in yet is the last night room-only....

Just dealing with the Platinum end of things, here's the plan:

Wednesday, Dec. 13th (DD's 16th b-day, btw): check in to WL, CRT for breakfast, LTT for lunch, horseback riding, surrey bikes, Narcoossee's for dinner, Wishes fireworks cruise.

Thursday: Roaring Forks (oop), Backstage Safari, Fulton's, GF Spa treatments, Hoop-De-Doo.

Friday: O'Hana's, Dolphins in Depth, Coral Reef, Parasail, Yachtsman's, Cirque.

Saturday: Roaing Forks (oop), Segway, LeCellier, DisneyQuest, leave property by 4:00pm.

I guess because we're leaving later in the day, doing the last night room-only is why it's not making sense... yes?

Getting about $1300 more than I'm paying for! Now I'm gonna read through your list again and see if I forgot anything!

I just went over your plan again and I'm counting 11 meals... you were there 3 nights?????

I have the platinum plan for the Akl stay in september. The Ipo staff first mailed me the itinerary to fill out. According to them , i could call them, email or fax it. So far they have been great. They recommended the Illuminations cruise and also have me booked for the vip seating at the WISHES fireworks the night iam at Mk. They booked all my dinner adrs and tours as well. Don from the staff called me also.

I have also the spa treatment and V&A booked.
i managed to have the events spread out over the nights i am at wdw.
The Wishes viewing is on the 2nd night of my stay with Fantasmic dinner the night after. The next day is the The Illunimations cruise with dinner at Yachtsmans steakhouse before.
Later in the week theres the Sunrise Safari and V&A . Then a tour in epcot also is booked. :banana:

Yes, 11 meals for 3 nights - we couldn't manage to stuff down the 12th ;) Now this is from '04, so maybe they do it differently now, but I doubt it... You will get 4 credits per person per night - so for us - 12 per person. There is absolutely no differentiation between a "snack" credit and a "meal" credit - all the points are equal.

Before our trip, I asked several different people about the snack credits and was told we could use them in a regular restaurant for just dessert. So I figured that if there was a difference when we were there, fine, we'd just get dessert, if not... I think the only time we used a credit for a real "snack" was one night for 1 order of chocolate-covered strawberries through in-room dining - $40 for 6 strawberries, now that's my idea of good use of a "snack" point :lmao:

I agree, if you're leaving later in the day it doesn't make much sense to book the last night room-only.

Oh, keep track of your points. Remember those strawberries? We were charged for them, twice if memory serves correctly. It was no problem to get it taken care of, but I was thankful I asked for a print-out each day of where we used our points. It only takes a minute or so to get the print out and it's worth saving you the hassle at check-out.

Also, I noticed you mentioned surrey bikes. At the Poly we tried to rent those and were told they were not included in the plan, something about being run by an outside company. I didn't have the brochure in hand and didn't bother questioning it, so I don't know if the information was correct, but thought it worth mentioning to you as a heads-up.

We also ate at Coral Reef following Dolphins and I really loved being able to see the aquarium right after we'd done the tour!

HTH :)

Jamie,

OK, that helps. The snack option has been changed - my TA e-mailed me the Platinum Plan brochure for 2006, and a snack is listed as "1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage" or "1 single serving snack item". This has an asterisk behind it, and for the life of me, I can't find the corresponding asterisk on the stupid brochure!

Also, surrey bikes are now listed as an option. Ugh. WHY do I keep renting those things??? We also wanted to do the Water Mice, but it'll probably be too cold in December.

disneytraveler said:
I have the platinum plan for the Akl stay in september. The Ipo staff first mailed me the itinerary to fill out. According to them , i could call them, email or fax it. So far they have been great. They recommended the Illuminations cruise and also have me booked for the vip seating at the WISHES fireworks the night iam at Mk. They booked all my dinner adrs and tours as well. Don from the staff called me also.

I have also the spa treatment and V&A booked.
i managed to have the events spread out over the nights i am at wdw.
The Wishes viewing is on the 2nd night of my stay with Fantasmic dinner the night after. The next day is the The Illunimations cruise with dinner at Yachtsmans steakhouse before.
Later in the week theres the Sunrise Safari and V&A . Then a tour in epcot also is booked. :banana:

Which spa treatment did you book?

tiggerbell said:
Which spa treatment did you book?

Tiggerbell,
I booked the European facial . The Akl staff will booked 90 days away for me.
I am doing it on a day i am not doing much. Like breakast , then spa after .

My co-workers are getting a big kick out of me planning all this . ''Oh spa treatment hey, well if its on the plan you should do it!" :teeth:

I had never thought of splitting the vacation up like that to get the benefits of the platinum plan without going broke. What a great idea! Could you stay at the same resort and do it? For instance, 4 nights at WL on the dining plan and then 3 nights at WL on the platinum (or as diswedwish suggested, 2 nights platinum and the 3rd room only). Could you keep the same room and do it or would you have to check out/check and switch rooms for each component? Thanks!

3mousehouse -

From what I've read, it depends on how busy the resort is whether they'll keep you in the same room or not. I think they try, but they can't always do it.

Hi Tiggerbell,
Oh well i figured its my first time with the Platinum Plan so i booked what sounded good at the time. So many choices lol! The facial sounded good to me. :)

I agree, it was a tough choice - I'm doing this as a 16th b-day present for DD, so I'm picking things I think she'd like (she doen't know about the platinum part of the trip!)

Keep us informed, I'd love to know what else you plan!

My DH and I have the platinum plan for a 8 days in june, I'm finding conflicting information (or maybe lack of clear info) on the meal situation. Do we have table service credits, or counter and table service credits? The brochure we received did not help much. Any help would be a really huge help.

If you are on the Platinum Plan, you have MEAL CREDITS. You get 3 meals a day - if you want 3 table service meals (and, let's face it, you're paying a LOT for this package!), go for it! Becaue I'm splitting our trip up into 1/2 regular trip nd 1/2 platinum trip, we are doing all the conter service and cheap table service (Kona Cafe, 9 dragons) the first 1/2, and all the signature and expensive table service the 2nd 1/2 (Yachtman's, Cindy's, Narcoossee's)

I was told Disney would contact us 200 days from our trip to get all our reservation info to book - did they contact you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter