Play areas and fountains- skip?

Forevryoung

DIS Veteran
Hi again-
I am planning out our days and I notice they have a lot of play area's and fountains all over the place (both at Disney and Universal). I will be with 2 girls, 12 and 10. The 10 year old has CP and can not walk or stand without a lot of support and I know there are going to be many many times a day where we carry her on and off rides. She is very stubborn and if her sister is going to do something, she will do it too. Of course I can't say "no" so I find a way.

My question is: Can we plan on skipping the play areas and fountains and do more rides instead? Will the girls (especially the older one) be disappointed? Any one we must do? We have never gone before and we dont have many days-

I figure that if we skip the play areas at Universal and we dont go on any roller coasters, we can do both parks in a day and a half.

Thanks,
K

To me the fountains are an added feature,only if you have time and the energy to change the kids after a romp in the fountains. I wouldn't go out of my way for the fountains. The rides and the shows are what its all about. The playgrounds are a nice way to regroup and unwind. Sorry I don't know which playgrounds are more accessible. Hope you have a great trip.

We have two boys with CP (will be 8 in 2 weeks...we're going back to WDW to celebrate!!!), and we have almost always skipped "playing" fountains and the playsets (the splash fountains at Epcot, Donald's boat at MK, HISTK playground, etc.) And our boys have never been disappointed. My wife and I have always had the attitude of why taking them to an "attraction" that they can't really enjoy.

Besides, there are SOOOOO many other things to do in the parks (you can't do them all), and so many things our boys would like better. We've never missed them. Our guys just say "that thing's not that accessible...let's go ride Star Tours again!"

Wade Shrader said:
We have two boys with CP (will be 8 in 2 weeks...we're going back to WDW to celebrate!!!), and we have almost always skipped "playing" fountains and the playsets (the splash fountains at Epcot, Donald's boat at MK, HISTK playground, etc.) And our boys have never been disappointed. My wife and I have always had the attitude of why taking them to an "attraction" that they can't really enjoy.

Besides, there are SOOOOO many other things to do in the parks (you can't do them all), and so many things our boys would like better. We've never missed them. Our guys just say "that thing's not that accessible...let's go ride Star Tours again!"

Great! Thats what I figured but my little one (who's really not that little) wouldn't say "that's not accessible" she would say "lets go" and look at me for help. I am a sucker what can I tell ya :love2: . I just dont want to disappoint either one of them (the older one included). Now that I know I won't be disappointing them I feel better. I don't want to be the mean older sister on vacation pirate:

At their age, they will probably want to skip the fountain and playground areas. These are mostly enjoyed by younger children. We haul a change of clothes for our two-year-old, who can enjoy the fountains while others in our group go on rides. It's is more fun getting soaked at Splash Mtn. or Kali River Rapids.

The playgrounds don't hold his attention for too long either. Tom Sawyer Island is a fun playground setting, but not at all accessible. Your youngest daughter would be very frustrated here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter