• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Playhouse Disney

Panky

Earning My Ears
I had a very unpleasent experience this morning when I tried to put Book of Pooh on at 8:00 am est for my 17 mo DD. The Wiggles were on instead.javascript:smilie(':confused:')
confused

Again at 11:30 am est I tried to put Bear in the Big Blue House (her absolute favorite) on for her and again the Wiggles were on.javascript:smilie(':mad:')
mad

Does anyone know what the heck is going on? Are Book of Pooh & Bear being fazed out? Is this just a summer thing?

I checked Playhouse Disney's website and it still lists the old schedule. If anyone know what's going on or where I can find out any info. I'd greatly appreciate it. Also if anyone has an e-mail address for Playhouse Disney or Disney TV I'd appreciate it.:mad:

We were late getting out of the house this morning and saw the beginning of the Wiggles. My wife said, "look they got their own show now, they must have some pretty revealing photos of somebody."

Personally, I can't take the Wiggles. Especially the little purple guy. Watch carefully, he never closes his mouth - always wide open!

Sure hope Pooh and Bear are not gone.

I noticed they were on quite a bit too today. I really don't like them at all, and neither do my kids.

Kinda like Telatubbies with real people.....

but are the tellatubbies real people! :eek: ???

That was annoying. My sister had on Dis before they came on and left. I saw it, and lets say, Disney has out done themselves

You may not like the Wiggles but I can guarantee you toddlers do...actually I know from personal observation. The Wiggles are the biggest kids' entertainment in Australia, and they're making quite a big splash in the US now. It's a good decision for Disney.

Yes i did see the Wiggles on but before them book of pooh was on and then sometime after i saw Bear was on.... And I just have one thing to say " FRUIT SALAD YUMMY YUMMY,, FRUIT SALAD YUMMY YUMM..... AHHHHHHH I CANT TAKE IT" Did anyone else happen to hear this Wiggles song that can cause you to drive a nail in you head:earseek:

At first they annoyed me, but I tried to be a little more positive when I noticed my kids seemed to like them. Now, my kids are annoyed, too.

Uh, huh, huh...Now you've got your fruit salad.....Uh, huh, huh....

yep, fruit salad drives you nuts for about the first 3 weeks....then it kinda gets catchy.

Hot potato, hot potato
Cold spaghetti, cold spaghetti
Mashed banana, mashed banana

ha, ha, ha, ha!

Btw, the Playhouse Disney schedule has always been weird....we can never seem to catch the same shows at the same times. We saw lots of Pooh today..and Olie. Missed Bear, but we seem to miss Bear a lot. Saw the Wiggles twice.

I really disliked the Wiggles at first...but now they're kind of growing on me.

Oh, and I've got an ear infection right now...that's why my kids were watching so much tv today!

We are big Wiggles fans in our house. My dd LOVES them so much that we have several tapes and a dvd and cd. Granted, the songs do stick in your head for annoyingly long periods of time but the fun my dd has with their songs is worth it. We were pretty excited to see that they would be having a 30 minute show on Disney but I am disappointed that we are missing other shows dd also enjoys. Missing BBBH is definitely a big thing!

Unfortunately, I cannot find a current schedule for Playhouse Disney either as they don't appear to have done any updating on the website or tv guide. Since we have two different Disney channels we can usually manage to get in dd's favorites but without a schedule it is hard to figure out.

Let's hope they get the new schedule available SOON!

Our on-line digital cable guide was updated, so the info is out there, its just a question of the different outlets making the changes.

Bring em on I say. Our kids really like the Wiggles. Our 3 yo thinks they are fun and our 1 yo gets a real kick out of them too. They have wide ap.peel (that's how come they have 'Mashed banana, mashed banana. Mashed banana, mashed banana. Banana, banana, banana' :jester: ).

All those other Playhouse Disney shows seem to be on soooooooooooooooooooooo much. They can stand to lose a few half hours to a new show that might get a few kids out of the chair and dancing :). I'm sure you will still be able to find plenty of the old standbys.

My 3 yo dd just loves the Wiggles. They do tend to be annoying but believe me they grow on you. I'm a little embaraased that I know all the words.

Hey there shaky shaky.....
Shaking is fun to do.....

that's what's so wonderful about Tivo: instead of setting up a VCR to record at a certain time, we just tell it to record any time Bear in the Big Blue House is shown, and when we go to look, it's sitting there waiting for us! :)

I've been hearing alot about Tivo....you can get rid of commercials with it too, right?

You know, the thing about the Wiggles is that they're so bizarre that its kind of cool.....I like that! They're definitely not normal.

And I have seen the purple guy shut his mouth.....but its not often, is it?

My dd is also into the Wiggles, I think they're kinda corny myself but it keeps her busy.

But BEAR...what's up with that. First, they bag his show at WDW (ok so he's still in it now) but he's just in "part" of it, definitely thought the old show was much more fun, dd loved to dance! She got bored with the new show.

Are they just not making anymore Big Bear episodes or what? He just keeps losing more time slots and keeps getting moved to the "lousy" time slots. I think he's still on at 6:30am, if dd is up early she watches but what a bummer! Does this have anything to do with the Jim Henson Company problems?

The one thing that the Dis Channel tends to do, when they have a new show they play it to death! You can see all the episodes in a few days because it's on 3x a day or they have a marathon. But I still want to say...Where's BEAR??

BRING BACK THE BEAR...BRING BACK BIG BEAR!!!

JOIN US...................

JOIN USSSSsssssssssssssssssss........................................

YOU CANNOT RESIST OUR AUSTRALIAN CHARMS......................................

NOW THE CROC HUNTER IS WITH US TOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo.........

JOIN USSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.............................

hehehe :D:D:D:D

We LOVE The Wiggles. My 14 month DD can't get enough of them. If you sit and watch the show it really is quite educational.
Yes, I think the Jeff the purple guys is annoying ...WAKE UP JEFF... but kids love them and can learn at the same time.
I hope they stay on the schedule and I hope the Disney Stores start to carry more of their product

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter