~Please describe a 'Studio'!!

kelleyj34

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am new at this!! I am wondering if a 'Studio' has 2 beds or just one? Also, does anyone know the sq ft?! Can you also tell me how stringent Disney is regarding how many are in a studio? I have 3 children (one is under 3)...so, our total would be 5!! I know that it would feel a little crowded for 5 nights, but it beats a Hotel room!! You can reach me at beani@verizon.net Thanks so much!!

... so I can give you a bit more info. First of all, they only have 1 queen-size bed. They also have a full-size sleeper sofa. The exception to this, I believe, is OKW, where they have 2 queen beds. We usually stay in a studio with our two boys sleeping together in the sleeper sofa. Last year, we even brought our newborn son who slept in our bed with us! This year, he'll be in a crib. Although I think it will be a bit tight, we're going to try it out!! I'm not sure of the sq footage of the room, though I would guess it's around 375 or so -- pretty much a standard hotel room size.

As the previous poster mentioned, a small fridge, coffee maker and microwave are provided. There's a small kitchenette as you come into the room with its own sink and cabinets. There are some paper plates and plastic utensils. Basically, you could eat breakfast in the room -- or have lunch or an afternoon snack pretty easily. You couldn't prepare a big meal or anything like that. There's a small table with 2 chairs that you can eat at.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Happy planning,
Sarah

Hello! I am new at this!! I am wondering if a 'Studio' has 2 beds or just one? Also, does anyone know the sq ft?! Can you also tell me how stringent Disney is regarding how many are in a studio?
My WDW Point Chart has descriptions for all the room configurations (#/size of beds/sofas) and total number each sleep, by resort and room type. Open in Excel then hover over points for the resort/room type configuration description. You can view it online too, but harder to read descriptions. PM me if you need me to look up availability.
I have 3 children (one is under 3)...so, our total would be 5!! I know that it would feel a little crowded for 5 nights, but it beats a Hotel room!!
VWL and VGF Studios have beds for 5. BCV and BWV will once remodeled (reflected on my 2016 Points Chart tab)

Last edited:

I know that it would feel a little crowded for 5 nights, but it beats a Hotel room!!
Not really. As a prior poster wrote, a studio is a fancy name for a hotel room. To my mind, studios are better equipped for a couple, with the pull-out. Many people disagree with me though---studios are the first category to be booked in most resorts, and the new five-person studio setups are proving to be very popular.

I'll answer the un-answered question:
Can you also tell me how stringent Disney is regarding how many are in a studio?
Very strick!
Now since you have one under the age of three then yes you can have 5 in a 4 person room. The child will be sleeping in a Pack-n-Play that is included in the room.
Once the child is past the age of three, then you will have to book a studio that sleeps 5.

Studios at SSR have queen bed and sofa sleeper. Studios at OKW have 2 queen beds.

Ummm... this thread is almost 10 years old. Started in 2004!
I have no idea how that happened. I swear this was posted in the Rent/Trade board right after the upgrade. Now I see it is in Mousecellaneous, which I never even went to. I just saw it pop up in a list somewhere after the upgrade. Maybe the recent threads hadn't been updated yet right after the upgrade. Weird.

EDIT: I think it has something to do with this:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/search-will-not-work-for-48-hours.3375776/

Site wasn't indexed when it launched, so this post may have been one of the first indexed and showed up in the "New Posts" view temporarily.

Last edited:
I have no idea how that happened. I swear this was posted in the Rent/Trade board right after the upgrade. Now I see it is in Mousecellaneous, which I never even went to. I just saw it pop up in a list somewhere after the upgrade. Maybe the recent threads hadn't been updated yet right after the upgrade. Weird.

EDIT: I think it has something to do with this:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/search-will-not-work-for-48-hours.3375776/

Site wasn't indexed when it launched, so this post may have been one of the first indexed and showed up in the "New Posts" view temporarily.

Well, it's all good....gives the new and updated info for those that need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter