please educate me on Dole Whips

foxfire

<font color=00cc00>I wonder what rock I've been hi
I've read about these in some posts & I need to know more! I had never heard of Dole Whips until I read about them here. :eek:

What exactly are they?

Where can you get them?

Am I going to be addicted when I try one? :teeth:

I like the Dole Whip Floats. It is pineapple juice with pineapple softserve. A plain old Dole Whip is just pineapple softserve. You can get it swirled with vanilla or chocolate softserve as well.

You get it Aloha Isle in Adventureland in the MK

And YES you will be addicted.:) :) :) I am still suffering from the shock that I did not get ONE on our last trip:eek: :confused:

A Dole Whip is a non-dairy ice cream like dessert. It's a lot like soft serve ice cream but lighter and tastes great and refreshing, especially the pineapple flavor. You can actually get a Dole Whip Float which is Pineapple Dole Whip in pineapple juice.

Dole Whips can be found at Aloha Isle which is just to the right after you cross the bridge from the hub into Adventureland.

I don't know if you'll be addicted once you try it, but you will probably want to get one on every trip to the MK like I do!

Like a rootbeer float but with pineapple instead. Its very good. I get mine with vanilla icecream.

Anyone know the ingredients? I know non-dairy creamer is just about entirely hydrogenated oil (a BIG no-no in our house) but sometimes ice milk is different...

No clue on ingredients but they are YUMMMMY!

Wish I had one right now!

MCMom

I took a picture of my float last trip. I was by myself while DH was in a conference, I called everyone at work to gloat that I was in Disney by blissful self eating the most wonderful concotion! They still laugh about my picture.

Anyone know where I can find the carb count for a serving of these (no, I'm not on Atkins...my dd is diabetic but would love one of these if it's not too, too high in carbs)

Karen

The Dole Whip sounds soooo good!

I have added trying one to my 'must do at Disney' list...which grows longer every day...:rolleyes: :D :earseek:

On the Dole Whip note.... The last few times we went in December (most recently was 1999) they were always "closed for the season". Is that the case every winter? I LOVE Dole Whips and was disappointed each time we went in December and they weren't open! Hoping to get one in 39 days!!!!

After I have my taste buds all set to try one...:confused:

But, looking on the bright side...I guess I'll have to plan another trip when that stand is sure to be open. I do need to try one, right??!!!:hyper:

Does a Dole Whip come in any other flavors?
I am not a big pineapple fan.

They also come in vanilla, chocolate and swirled. The pineapple is the most refreshing in my opinion, but they are all wonderfully cooling! :hyper:

I had one last Nov. and plan on Having one again in about 15 days!::yes:: :hyper: I had the vanilla/pineapple one.

I plan on trying one in 4 days! Anything from Disney sounds good right now.

So which do you all recommend - the Dole Whip or the Dole Whip Float?

Hoping it's open in about 2 weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter