Please give me non-park ideas for DD's 9th birthday

Mom-to-3

Mouseketeer
DD#2 will turn 9 in the middle of our week's stay in Orlando at the Horizons Marriott. I'm trying to come up with ideas to run by DH for her birthday celebration. As the budget is tight for this trip, it needs to be something that doesn't require park admission. But I'd love something with Disney magic. Thanks.

What about the afternoon tea at the GF? Shopping and then lunch at the RF in DD? The new princess dinner at GF?

Jordna's mom

are you going into the parks at all because Disney does not amke you celebrate on your exact day. My mom celebrates a new day now because her real day is 9-11 way too sad to deal with so we get a button while in disney and have a blast for her. The chef mickey has a nice celebration for b-day people cupcake and placemat and pin but that's not cheap either. I owuld get a pin no matter what and wear it lots of CMs provide magic.

I agree, if you are going to the parks at all, get your DD the birthday button and let her wear it the whole week. We went down to WDW for our son's 5th birthday and he wore the button every day. When we went to breakfast at the Beach Club, the waitress insisted on bringing my son a birthday cupcake even though it wasn't his birthday because that was the only day we were going to be at that restaurant.

If the budget allows, you can even call Chef Mickey's and order a birthday cake. We celebrated DS's actual birthday there and the chocolate buttercream frosting on his birthday cake was the best I've ever eaten. His cake was also decorated with a 6" chocolate Mickey Mouse and he got a card signed by all the characters.

If you want something really cheap to do go to DD and play in the fountain. Just make sure that she wears water shoes. and bring a change of clothes. There used to be a ice cream place over there too. Go over to lego land and let her play in the playground and the lego area. My kids love it over there. Might not be the most exciting thing to do at WDW, but one of the cheapest!! Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter