Please help me choose a room location …

G8r4evr

DIS Veteran
We will be on a 7 night on the Fantasy.

Deck 5 - deluxe room with extended verandah (is 5 too low?))

OR

Deck 10 - Deluxe room with regular verandah (worth going higher to sacrifice the bigger outdoor space?)

We love all things Disney cruise, but we do love hanging out on the balcony, eating and excursions the most.

Last edited:
Pool deck, beverage stations, Cabanas buffet, quick service food stations are on Deck 11.

Main Dining Restaurants, Nightclubs, theaters, kids clubs are on lower decks 2-5 .

So it’s just a choice of what you want to be closer too and how much you’re going to use the bigger verandah. I would go for a right side of the ship since that will face castaway cay when docked

Also the people above you can look down on you on those lower bigger verandas.

Pool deck, beverage stations, Cabanas buffet, quick service food stations are on Deck 11.

Main Dining Restaurants, Nightclubs, theaters, kids clubs are on lower decks 2-5 .

So it’s just a choice of what you want to be closer too and how much you’re going to use the bigger verandah. I would go for a right side of the ship since that will face castaway cay when docked
Is that starboard? I’m hearing we want that for fireworks …?

I usually go for inside stateroom if it's a room that where you choose and there's no room assignment option I choose which ever is the cheapest location and deck number. I always go for the cheapest option

I usually go for inside stateroom if it's a room that where you choose and there's no room assignment option I choose which ever is the cheapest location and deck number. I always go for the cheapest option
The Total is within $100 for both…making it harder to choose!

Deck 10 you will have an overhang over your balcony. Which would provide some additional shade but also limit your view of the sky a bit. I think on deck 5 your direct view down to the ocean is slightly limited by the lifeboats. So neither is ideal.

Also on deck 10 you might want to check what is above your cabin. Some people complain that rearranging pool chairs in the morning does create noise for the cabins direct under the pool deck.

If you’re in the forward section the spa is above you, mid is going to be pool area and aft( back) is cabanas - if you go with deck 10

I had 9530 , starboard side , forward section not too far from stairs not forward elevators. I enjoyed very much.

I'd do deck 5. I don't think any deck is too low. We did deck 9 forward elevator on the Fantasy and felt too much movement there. Did deck 7 forward elevator on Dream and didn't feel anything. There is less ship movement midship and low. Lifeboats are actually in line with deck 5, so they won't be in your way. If you think you'll spend lots of time on the verandah, go for the extended and you should have loungers as well as chairs.

I’ve only been on one Disney cruise but it was also a 7 night fantasy. We stayed in room 5542 and absolutely loved the extended verandah and how close it was to the shopping, theaters, atrium, anything on the lower decks basically. The elevator ride up to the pool deck, beverage station, and cabanas wasn’t that far at all either.

The fact that people above could see us if we were on the furthest part of the verandah didn’t bother us at all since you still have a good chunk of space closest to your room where you’re covered. Plus we had lounge chairs on the verandah in addition to the standard chairs everyone else had.

I don’t have any other room experience to compare it to, but I would definitely stay in a deck 5 extended verandah room again.

I like to look at what is above and below the cabin I choose. I prefer to have cabins above and below me. For Deck 5, I wouldn't want to be on top of the theaters. For Deck 10 - I don't know if you will hear chairs moving around at Cabanas and the pool deck. I always choose Decks 6, 7, 8 or 9. But for me it's about the noise . . . not sure about veranda sizes. If you are worried about seasickness - lower and midship is the best bet.

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 15.46.48.png

Deck 5 is fine. So is deck 10. Personally, we avoid deck 10 on the Dream/Fantasy because of the larger overhang blocking some of the sun and go with deck 9 instead.

We like level 5 or 6 slightly aft. I never use the elevators and that puts me in the middle vertically - not too many steps up or down.

We have 5546 booked on the Fantasy for later this year. When I called, I had a prioritized list - this was our #1 choice. Cat 4E, extended verandah with the curved rail on the forward side of the verandah (to see where we are going). Starboard side to avoid any wafting smoke from the Promenade on Deck 4 (6p-6a.). Non- connecting cabin.

Lots of reports of GTY reservations getting these cabins. For the large part the partially visible verandah seems to freak out people. And maybe the sleeps 3 factor.

I am more prone to avoid under the pool deck than risk being seen or something dropped on me.

Last edited:
Given the two rooms you're looking at, the deck 5 is more central to dining, characters, kids club and activities. I find that I'm going to/from my stateroom somewhere deck 5 and lower more often than to/from my stateroom and the pool deck.

We’ve sailed both on the fantasy. We have sailed in 5 of the extended verandah cabins on deck 5. All above the theater. Never heard any noise. Would book another without any hesitation. The cabin we had on deck 10 was under cabanas. Heard lots of noise and chairs being drug across the floor super early every morning. Wouldn’t pick a deck 10 cabin voluntarily again.

The Total is within $100 for both…making it harder to choose!
Where are these extended veranda deluxe rooms on deck 5? If it's only $100 difference, I'm looking for one of those for my next cruise on the Fantasy!

Just sailed on the Dream (sister ship to Fantasy and near identical layout) in stateroom 5654 with extended verandah. We LOVED the location. The view of the sea and CC were terrific. Lifeboats were directly below, so they did not affect the view at all. People above us looking down weren't an issue. I just waved at them. :) This room was just a few steps away from the aft staircase. One floor down put you right in the District for adult beverages and various activities (trivia, etc.). Two floors down was Animators Palate. The only thing I didn't like was having to wind around the kids' clubs on 5 to get midship or forward, with all the parents standing around, waiting for their kids or to check them in. We finally figured out, if we wanted to go midship or forward, we just went down the stairs one floor and cut through the District. Much easier. I would not hesitate to reserve this room (or nearby) again in the future. It was very quiet as well. Oh, and the internal stairwell to get to the assembly drill station was literally right across from our room. A straight shot across, down to 4, and out to the promenade deck.

Last June, we were in cabin 10568 on the Fantasy. We did not hear any noise from the pool deck above. Loved the location. I liked being able to go up one deck to fill up my water bottle or spend time on the pool deck easily. Did not feel too far from the main restaurants or the oceaneers club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter