Please help me...First time at Universal!

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
This is probably an easy process but I want to make sure I'm purchasing exactly what we want. I've never been to Universal so this is all new to us.

We are a family of 7, 2 adults 5 kids. Planning on going to Universal Studios and Island Of Adventures next August. One day in each park. We do want to purchase the Express Unlimited ride access. I went on the Universal Orlando website and started to book a package. I have it set to stay at the Loews Royal Resort for only one night in a room large enough to sleep the 7 of us. That gets us our express passes. I added a two day ticket. The price came to $3597.69. That should include all the above. Does that sound right? If I were to only purchase two day tickets with adding the express passes to only get on each ride once, the cost of tickets came to $3633.10 (I did that to compare the difference to see if staying off site would save us money). How is it cheaper to stay on property with getting the Express Unlimited passes? I would think staying at an onsite deluxe resort plus getting the Unlimted would be more expensive. Did I do something wrong? I took a picture of my checkout info, I'll post it. I'm worried my tickets aren't in my cart.
One more question.. by staying only night in an onsite resort will we get the Express Unlimited passes for both park days?
Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 12
Well, you could get buy 2 day get 1 day free passes for multi-park tickets from Undercover Tourist for like $251 a ticket. So that's like $1757 for seven people. And if you stayed at Royal Pacific, even if you had to do two rooms, I'm guessing you could get those for $300-350 per night depending. So that's like $700 max, in theory. So that would be like $2450 for 3 days of tickets, and you would have unlimited express pass for two days, since you get that benefit on both check-in and check-out day, even if you get there at 7 a.m. on the check-in day.

Well, you could get buy 2 day get 1 day free passes for multi-park tickets from Undercover Tourist for like $251 a ticket. So that's like $1757 for seven people. And if you stayed at Royal Pacific, even if you had to do two rooms, I'm guessing you could get those for $300-350 per night depending. So that's like $700 max, in theory. So that would be like $2450 for 3 days of tickets, and you would have unlimited express pass for two days, since you get that benefit on both check-in and check-out day, even if you get there at 7 a.m. on the check-in day.
Oh I didn't know I could get tickets from Undercover Tourist with the express passes. I'll have to take a look.
Just to clarify, by staying one night in an onsite resort that offers the Unlimited Express passes I can use them on both park days? We are driving from our HHI resort very early on Monday, going straight to the first park, staying the night and spending the day at the second park. Can I check in over the phone or online? We will not be stopping at the Universal resort before we head to the park on day 1.

Oh I didn't know I could get tickets from Undercover Tourist with the express passes. I'll have to take a look.
Just to clarify, by staying one night in an onsite resort that offers the Unlimited Express passes I can use them on both park days? We are driving from our HHI resort very early on Monday, going straight to the first park, staying the night and spending the day at the second park. Can I check in over the phone or online? We will not be stopping at the Universal resort before we head to the park on day 1.

The Express Pass comes with the hotel stay, it is not on the tickets. You have to go to the hotel first and checkin, to get your express passes. But yes, it will be good for the day you check in and the next day. Everyone needs to go to the hotel to get their express pass first.

There are kiosks where you have to manually take your own photos to print out. Those are the express passes. I highly recommend bringing water-proof lanyards for them and facing out the tickets if you plan on doing any water rides. The tickets will turn to mush if they're exposed to water. The nice thing about the hotels is that you can leave your luggage with guest services if your room isn't ready at 7 a.m. and just stop back later in the day and go to the room.

Based on your screenshot, you are also purchasing 3 Park tickets, which would include Volcano Bay. If you aren't planning to go to the water park, get the 2 park, 2 day, park to park tickets. If you order from somewhere else, don't PURCHASE express. You get them automatically with your hotel key.

I have also found considerably cheaper rates booking through Hotels.com than through the UO website.

Based on your screenshot, you are also purchasing 3 Park tickets, which would include Volcano Bay. If you aren't planning to go to the water park, get the 2 park, 2 day, park to park tickets. If you order from somewhere else, don't PURCHASE express. You get them automatically with your hotel key.

I have also found considerably cheaper rates booking through Hotels.com than through the UO website.
So even if I book one of the Universal resorts through a different site I'll still get the Express tickets?

So even if I book one of the Universal resorts through a different site I'll still get the Express tickets?

Yes, all guests of Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel and Portofino Bay Hotel get Unlimited Express Passes for length of stay - DO NOT PURCHASE them separately.

I usually book hotel stay directly through Loews website: https://www.loewshotels.com/royal-pacific-resort

and get my Universal tickets through Undercover Tourist: https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/universal-orlando-resort/. If you get the Mousesavers newsletter, this gives you the best discount. Undercover Tourist currently has a special deal where you can get three-day 3-park park-to-park tickets for the price of two days. This gives you the best access to all three Universal parks.

Yes! Express are a perk to all registered guests of that hotel, regardless of where it is booked. For instance, I priced out my 8 days in Oct. when I booked originally & the stay was anywhere between $60-$540 cheaper booking through hotels.com.

Yes! Express are a perk to all registered guests of that hotel, regardless of where it is booked. For instance, I priced out my 8 days in Oct. when I booked originally & the stay was anywhere between $60-$540 cheaper booking through hotels.com.

That's really interesting - I have been pricing out my May 2018 stay and haven't been able to find a better price than Loews anywhere! Luck of the draw, I guess!

Oh I didn't know I could get tickets from Undercover Tourist with the express passes.

As others have said, when staying onsite at RPR, HRH, or PBH you get the unlimited EP with the hotel stay. No matter how you book it.

It's not from the tickets themselves.

Yep.

That's really interesting - I have been pricing out my May 2018 stay and haven't been able to find a better price than Loews anywhere! Luck of the draw, I guess!

I've never once found hotels.com to be anywhere near cheaper than Loews. And I've been looking since 2010. And we're superusers of hotels.com!

I do really love the Portofino. The express passes are great and the nachos at the poolside bar are outstanding.

But the very first night we stayed, we heard noises from outside the window and went onto the balcony. Outside, there was a woman singing opera in the courtyard under a spotlight. It was awesome. I so rarely get that at a Super 8.

As someone else mentioned you'll need to stop at the resort first to get your EPs, but it's not a big hassle. Plus you'll want to park at the hotel not the park. You can then walk or take a 10 minute boat ride to the parks. If you take the boat they will also do the security check at the hotel, and I personally think its 10x faster than waiting for the check at the park.

Morning of you can pull up, leave the luggage in the car or with bellhop, check in, print the EPs, jump on the boat, and viola.

To your earlier question about how it's cheaper-you have a big party and buying the EPs seperately gets really expensive. Staying onsite for the complimentary EPs will save you (plus it's a fantastic perk!)

As someone else mentioned you'll need to stop at the resort first to get your EPs, but it's not a big hassle. Plus you'll want to park at the hotel not the park. You can then walk or take a 10 minute boat ride to the parks. If you take the boat they will also do the security check at the hotel, and I personally think its 10x faster than waiting for the check at the park.

Morning of you can pull up, leave the luggage in the car or with bellhop, check in, print the EPs, jump on the boat, and viola.

To your earlier question about how it's cheaper-you have a big party and buying the EPs seperately gets really expensive. Staying onsite for the complimentary EPs will save you (plus it's a fantastic perk!)[

The Hogwarts train goes park to park right? not from the resorts to the park. That's the boat you mentioned..Thanks! :)

So I'm booking on the Loews site. It's only $953.16 for the night which includes our Express passes! I'm planning on purchasing our 2 day park tickets through Undercover Tourist. Does this all sound ok? For some reason in my head I thought I had to purchase the park tickets with the resort or our Express passes wouldn't work...

What you did is correct. Doesn't matter where you get the tickets from. As long as you are a guest of RPR, HRH or PBR you automatically you the express pass.

I am wondering what you decided to do, book one suite for all of you or 2 rooms.

I was faced with a similar decision only with 6 people. Two rooms were less expensive then the one big room.

You are going in August 2018, right? You should check the rates and see if they happen to change. Loews will adjust that for you.

Also, they often have very favorable Annual Passholder discounts on rooms. You could also check to see if it might be better for you to upgrade one of your tickets. You wouldn't have to do this until you were actually there (you can upgrade your Undercover Tourist tickets). In February I saved $78 per night on each of the two rooms.

So I'm booking on the Loews site. It's only $953.16 for the night which includes our Express passes! I'm planning on purchasing our 2 day park tickets through Undercover Tourist. Does this all sound ok? For some reason in my head I thought I had to purchase the park tickets with the resort or our Express passes wouldn't work...

The tickets with EP are for offsiters or for those staying at cabana bay or sapphire.

But the deluxe hotels give EP from just staying there. You have to have a ticket to get into the parks, but the EP is received by putting your hotel keycard into the machine.

If the price includes your whole party for the stay you want, it sounds right.

We will not be stopping at the Universal resort before we head to the park on day 1.

If you are staying at a deluxe hotel that includes EP you are going to have to stop there. And that's how you get in for early entry as well, you have to show your keycard for that.

You'll park your car at your resort, run in, checkmin, get room keycards. If st deluxe get your EPs from the kiosk *then* head to the parks.

The Hogwarts train goes park to park right? not from the resorts to the park. That's the boat you mentioned..Thanks! :)

Train goes between parks.

Boats go from deluxe hotels to citywalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter