Please help!! Swan or Dolphin

kjmc

Earning My Ears
Can anyone help me decide whether to stay at the Swan or the Dolphin?? We've made ressies at Dolphin but after reading some of ths posts out here, it sounds like Swan might be better since the remodeling is nearly completed. Also - what type of room requests can you make at these properties?

We stayed at both last year! The Dolphin in August and the Swan in December. The Dolphin is larger with more dining options and closer to the main pool. However, the new rooms at the Swan are wonderful!! Our beds in the room at the Dolphin were in very bad shape. My daughter actually slept in the floor. If I had to pick, I think I would go for the Swan.... You'll have a great night's sleep.

I like the Swan mainly because it is smaller (but definitely not small) and quieter than the Dolphin. I had all the amenities of the Dolphin for a short walk, without the hustle and bustle.

I stayed in one of the older rooms at the Swan, but still loved this hotel.

Just to be different having stayed at both we prefer the dolphin, Depending on when you are going the dolphin may be renovated with new beds. Our bed last week seemed brand new and was very comfortable. The dolphin is better for laundry, refilling mugs and a bit closer to the pool. I feel it is far more lively as well!

What sort of room did you have? Was it a standard or deluxe? What floor were you on? What was the view like??

Thanks for the help,
Sarah

We prefer the dolphin...we have stayed for times. Most recently just a few weeks ago.

I think they have already put the new pillowtop beds in the dolphin...as our mattress was excellent and looked brand new.

You can choose from many different views, starting with standard, courtyard, water.

When you call the Dolphin reservation line, they are very helpful and forthcoming with any discounts available. It is very refreshing.

I had this same question when we were going to WDW two years ago. We chose the Swan and loved it. What sold me was that the Swan had queen sized beds while the Dolphin had full sized beds. The Swan also has two sinks while the Dolphin has only one.

After reading the thread below......I vote for the Dolphin. You will have a much better view.
biggthumpup.gif

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360174

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter