Please help us with driving directions to HHI

disneychic

DIS Veteran
My husband and I (DVC members) are starting our vacation off by driving from NJ to WDW. We'll be going to HHI first for 3 days. We've never been to the resort before, and I've been trying to get directions off of Map Quest, but since I don't have the exact address of the resort, it's not working. Does anyone know the address? or does anyone have directions? I'm very excited to see the resort. I keep reading how beautiful it is!

Thanks!
:)

God Bless America
God Bless the NYPD
God Bless the FDNY

Directions from the confimation sheet:

take I-95 to exit 8, then Rt 278 East (william Hilton Pkwy) 25 miles, Resort on right, Shelter Cove Harbour.

We leave from northern NJ and it is about a 14 hour trip!!
Have FUN!

NJDVCmember

Thanks for the help. I didn't receive the conformation sheet yet, we just decided to drive from NJ to WDW with the HHI stop in between. We were supposed to fly, but after the WTC incident - I was actually right there when both planes hit, and had to run for my life, and my husband who is a captain has been at Ground Zero since Tuesday. I've barely seen him in the past week. After all this, I called MS yesterday, booked 3 days at HHI, on our way down to WDW and 2 days at HHI for our way back. So, we won't even receive the conf. sheet before we leave this weekend. But thanks for the info.

God Bless America
God Bless NYPD
God Bless FDNY

After yo drive over the bridge (DON'T take the Toll Bridge), look for the Cracker Barrel- it will be on the right. The resort is about 1/2 mile- also on the right. Turn at the light for Shelter Cove Harbour and follow the signage to the resort. You will pass the sales office as you turn at the light (you may even miss it, as it is rather inconspicuous!).

Have a great trip!

Doc,

Thanks for the help. With everything that's happened since last week, I can barely concentrate on anything. Every bit of help is greatly appreciated. Between my Husband and I, it'll be a miracle if we don't get completely lost - which will be fine - as long as I don't end up back in the tri state area!

Thanks!

God Bless America
God Bless NYPD
God Bless FDNY

Disneychic,
The other directions are great but if you are interested in doing a door to door thingie with Mapquest or some other software...the exact address is 22 Harbourside Lane, HHI, SC. 29928. The most important thing is the advice to not take the toll road when you come to the fork in the road so to speak. Try Guiseppi's Pizza for a delicious meal at a great price. And enjoy your vacation because you guys have earned and deserve it.

Lots of folks take the toll bridge by mistake and end up where they don't want to be. To avoid that, stay in the right 2 lanes after you cross the bridge. The toll bridge lanes are on the left.

Hope you enjoy a well deserved respite from the stress you and your family have been going through. The weather in S.C. now is lovely.l

Disneychic

... try mapblast.com ... my DH and I think it does a job better than mapquest. My son is a DC fireman and was at Ground Zero Thurs/Fri (after Wed at the Pentagon). I wish we could give all our brave men and women a week at WDW after all the horror they have experienced.

We are headed down to WDW on 10/6 with a stop at HHI on the way back for a couple of days. It will be our first time at HHI and are really looking forward to it.

God bless and have a safe trip.

Watch for sign that is very much earth colors. Our first time there we kept looking for the bright colors of signs like at WDW. We almost passed the turn.

It is a right turn then back about 2 blocks length, then right again acrosss a little bridge to resort. I always feel special going over that bridge.

You will love HH. As posted before don't miss the pizza, calzones, or stuffed pizzas at Guiseppies. They are all great!

I just want to say Thank You for all the help with the driving directions. I never thought I'd be so excited to get in the car and drive for 12 hours! Can't wait to get out of the Tri-State area.

Thanks again!

Safe travel & trips to all.

God Bless America
God Bless NYPD
God Bless FDNY

HHI has little wooden mile markers after you cross the bridge (don't take the cross island express toll road). Call Disney HHI and ask which mile marker their entrance is after.

We were just there (HHI, that is) and I would guess between mile 6 and 8, but it's hard to judge. There are sign restrictions at HHI and you have to look carefully for everything!

BTW, our favorite restaurant is called Tapas. Grab an island dining guide and call them for directions. It won't be more than a few miles back from Disney. They have a large menu of appetizer sized entree portions. My huband and I shared 5 and were STUFFED! They are $7-10/each. If their menu is still the same: the pumpkin seed encrusted talipia (a fish) and the salmon with pesto sauce were so good that we used our bread to get every drop of the sauce!

Let me know if you have any more questions. Blessings on you and your husband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter