Please, Please Give Me Some Advice...

Emme

DIS Veteran
OK this is my dilema, We are going the week before Easter March 23-30 (peak season) and we booked Country Inn & Suites Calypso Cay Way. Country Inn is brand new and we are getting a suite...king bed in seperate room, microwave, fridge, free breakfast...it really looks nice for $64 a night anfd it's about 10 min. from the parks.

Well...I just checked out DreamsRes and I can get the Swan or Dolphin for those same dates with the government discount for $129, standard room. What do I do? Help?

Do I go for the beauty and convenience of the Swan and Dolphin or get the extra ammenities of CI&S for less money. I am driving my family nuts and know that you are probably the only ones who REALLY understand and can help (LOL)!!
;)

Any and all suggestions and opinions welcome!

Thanks!

Emmy:) :D

Only you can decide:
Country Inn--privacy of second room, lower room rate, free breakfast, snacks/meals in room, easier availability of more reasonable off site restaurants.
S/D--Better location, disney transportation, ability to go back to your room during the day.

Well, i haven't been to s/d, and you can't beat being onsite and walking to epcot and mgm, but i stayed in a ci&s in pittsburgh and it was really nice, i dont know if this is everywhere, but they had 2 free drinks per person per nite from 4-5 i think ,and the breakfast was great, they had cooked to order omlets, mmmmmmmm;)

I think that deciding on resort is one of the hardest decisions. On the one hand, it is cheaper off site and you will have more space and some food perks. Staying on site allows you to avoid the traffic coming and going to the parks. Leaving the parks at closing after a long (hot) day can be a drag.

For me, the advantages to onsite and the Disney Transportation makes it the only choice for us. The extra advantage to the swan and dolphin is that you are close enough to walk to two of the parks. If you want the benefit of being able to return to your room midday for a rest, lunch, whatever, you do not have to get in a car and deal with the outside world. But it does cost more. What is more important to you?

Because you are going at peak season, the crowds will be high. Traffic will be very busy coming from where country inn is located.

I have stayed at a country inn in Mpls and while it was very nice, i'd jump at the chance to stay at the dolphin for a good rate. Also, will you children be happy sleeping on a pullout. Remember, when the pullout is open, it takes up most of the space in the room.

Herc.

Thank you for the opinions my dear Dis friends, the Swan it is! Now, I am excited and have a whole new itinerary to plan being to close now to Epcot and MGM, but isn't planning half the fun:D !
21 days and counting Yipee!!

Emmy

You will need this fab Disney Vacation PLanner!! It prints each day off seperately. Check out the pull down menu's at the top for more info!! You can plan a whole day at a glance! I can't wait to plan my next trip with it!!!!

http://intercot.com/planner/default.asp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter