Please Read my FIRST TRIP REPORT TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT!

DisneyFairy66

I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Du
Hello, :) Everyone this is my frist trip report and I hope you all enjoy it. I have gone on many trips to Disney World Resort and never attempted to do a TR. Although this time, with lots of inspiration from other TRs I have read on Disboards, I thought I would do one with my trip to Universal Orlando Resort. I have not been to US/IOA in such a long time, so this is more like a first time for me. Please enjoy, relax and let me know what you think, I love feed back!:cutie:

Cast and Crew of A&S Universal May Trip!

Me: Alexis
Occupation: Part time Pharmacy Technician, Full time College Student.
Loves: My doggie Dixie Mae, Shopping , Reading, Disboards and Dancing.

Boyfriend: Scott
Loves: Fishing, Boating, Golfing, Hockey, Chicago Bears, and Cigars.

Scott and I have been dating for about 5 years now, and this has been our first trip alone to a resort we both havent been in a long time. We have gone to Disney numerous times, NYC, and other destinations. But this trip was special because neither of us have experienced a full on Universal Resort vacation.

Day 1: "Getting there is half the fun!"

So unfortunatley Scott had to work but he got off at 2:00pm, changed and picked me up for our road trip to Orlando. We dont live tooo far from Orlando but far enough where we cant go too often :(

When he picked me up, we packed his truck and got hungry. So for our on the road munchies we picked up Wendys through Drive Through and got lunch. We were soo excited because we couldnt wait to get there!
maytrip015.jpg

Here is Scott driving. I offered to drive because I thought he was tired from working BUT you know how men are with driving and their trucks. lol.:rotfl:

maytrip016.jpg

Us, I was soo excited to get there!:cool1:
maytrip017.jpg

maytrip019.jpg

So about 2 hours after driving we had to stop at a rest stop because we needed a potty break after eating lunch in the car and we wanted to get some disney and universal maps and pamphlets just to look at and get super excited at the pictures. I saw some fresh produce which I thought looked yummy but didnt purchase any. Also scott got some nice sunglasses there as well. Scott is known for breaking, losing and rebuying sunglasses. So he always has to buy a new pair.:cool2: :sad2:

maytrip020.jpg

Love the colors, so pretty

maytrip022.jpg

New sunglasses, lets see how long these will last! Anyone want to make any bets? lol jk.:lmao:

maytrip023.jpg

See my many brochures lol. I know i take silly pictures but thats what a digi camera is for. You dont have film your gonna waste lol.

Coming up next: "Our Final Destination, Can I live here!"

Subscribing...

Fiance will be going on her first true UO Resort vacation as well when we go in December. Would like to see another (been there already, but basically still a first for a true Resort vacation) perspective.

Still Day 1...part 2

"Our Final Destination, Can I live here!"

Still driving, I love these signs, they just remind me that Im going on vacation to Orlando.
maytrip021.jpg

maytrip027.jpg

Oh my goodness, we made it. YAY! :banana:
So excited, as we pulled up to our exit and then pulled into the Universal Resort area.
We drove to the hotel and got there early evening. We could not retain our excitement. We were ready to check in and check out our hotel.

ROYAL PACIFIC HOTEL

What a beautiful entrance, so amazing and breath taking.
The staff greeted us soo festive with Alohas and Mahalos!

:welcome:

maytrip029.jpg

"Oh my gosh, were here...Let the fun begin"

maytrip036.jpg

maytrip037.jpg

The wonderful bell hopper took our luggage and they valeted our car. I love service like that, makes you feel special. So as they did all the hard work, we got to play and get excited as we walked into the hotel lobby. Talk about PICTURE TIME!
maytrip039.jpg

I have to say, walking towards this lobby was amazing. It was just soo beautiful, refreshing and clean and airy. The environment with all the beautiful greenery was just soo pretty. It really made us feel in a polynesian paradise. We both have stayed at the Polynesian Resort at WDW, and I have to say for the RPH being cheaper I enjoyed this hotel alot better. But dont get me wrong Disney Resorts are amazing. But this one is high up there considering the deal we got :)

maytrip040.jpg

The bamboo style walkway was soo beautiful! What a way to stay in style!
I loved the froggies on the walkway as well lol. So welcoming.

maytrip041.jpg

We took about 10 min to take in the serenity of this walkway before we headed into the lobby. As well as to take pictures hehe. The Greenery was so refreshing with the ponds as well.

maytrip042.jpg

maytrip043.jpg

We were mesmerized by how pretty the hotel was, I couldnt stop flashing pictures!

maytrip045.jpg

maytrip047.jpg

maytrip048.jpg

maytrip049.jpg

The lobby is made for kodak moments lol.

maytrip050.jpg

maytrip051.jpg

maytrip052.jpg

maytrip053.jpg

We couldnt take our eyes off of the hotel lobby, we were stumbling over each other because it was so beautiful. Now its time to Check In and get to our room.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh We Made it!:cloud9:
maytrip054.jpg

Scott was soo happy it was Goose Pillows and Down Comforters..Soo cozy!

Our room was a Standard, 2 Queen Size Beds, with a Garden View Room! It was perfect, we couldnt ask for more. We felt at home.

maytrip059.jpg

maytrip055.jpg

I am a clean freak, so once scott laid his butt on that bed, I declared it the bed you can lay on to watch tv after we have been out, the other bed is for bed time. It comes in handy to have two beds.

What a VIEW!
maytrip056.jpg

I reccomend the Garden View Room. Its sooo amazing when you wake up in the morning and brush those curtains open and see a beautiful view. Very invigorating (sp?)

maytrip057.jpg

Coming up Day 1: Evening Spectacular

"CityWalk, City of LIGHTS"

Thank you for posting all the photos. We are going next month and it's so fun to see new photos of where we'll be staying.

Karen

Loving the report. Can't wait to hear and see more. :woohoo:

(Thank You for ALL your comments, I love feedback, there is lots more to come)

Still Day 1: Evening

"CityWalk, City of LIGHTS"

Its now around 7:30pm, we were getting hungry and since we heard such wonderful things about CityWalk Dining we were contemplating :confused3 where to eat. So many to chose from, NBA, HardRock, Nascar, Latin Quarters, Pastamore, Emrils, Margarittaville, and im sure more!

After check in we washed up, dressed up, freshened up and went straight to the elevator to go downstairs and take the water taxi to CityWalk. The bellhopper explained to us all the tricks and benefits of staying at a Universal Resort, Our hotel key/ park tickets is free access to the Clubs, 2 for 1 drinks at the Bars, and express pass on the rides, OH and ahead seating at the restaurants. We wanted to take advantage of that tonight!

maytrip060.jpg

This is Scott and I in the elevator ready to head to CityWalk

By this point our tummies were rumbling with angst and hunger. But our minds were still not sure about where to eat.

So as our elevator went to floor 1, we exited out to the pool area and walked to the Water Taxi section. We were the first ones there and then more people arrived. It was an excellent spot for photo taking! (my favorite)

maytrip061.jpg

The sun setting. What a beautiful scene.

maytrip074.jpg

When Scott makes those faces it means "Stop taking pictures" lol.

maytrip075.jpg

The duckies were soo cute there, they hang out by the lake. I wish I brought crackers for them.

maytrip076.jpg

Within 5 min the boat arrived.:sail: Great Service. I loved the safety precautions as well. They check everyones bags before entering the Water Taxi, they didnt have much to check on mine I just had a wristlet.

maytrip078.jpg

"Bye Bye hotel, see you in a couple of hours!"

maytrip083.jpg

Entering the CityWalk area on the boat....were almost there!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

At this point my camera was ready in my hands and finger on the button.

maytrip085.jpg

Margarittaville..Scott is a fan of Jimmy Buffet so eating here was definitly on our list.

The boat docked at CityWalk, the ride wasnt long at all. It was perfect timing and a relaxing ride. The weather is kinda cool so thank goodness i brought a little sweater. I guess also being on the water it was a bit chillier.
maytrip089.jpg

Dale Jr. Fan right here! I had to take a picture by it!

By this point there was so much to see and do here that we stopped listening to our stomachs. We wanted to take some photos as well before it got too dark. The Nascar restaurant had great photo ops. We took advantage.

maytrip094.jpg

The flash sorta ruined the picture but you get the concept lol.

maytrip092.jpg

maytrip096.jpg

Everything is soo brightly colorful. I love it. Gets me excited.

We were very excited to be here can you tell...

maytrip097.jpg

Coming up: Still Day 1: Dinner Time

"Ok we need to pick a restaurant...Who will be the winner???"

i feel like a kid watching his favorite show when the announcer goes "In next week's episode" i love your narrative style, please more!

i feel like a kid watching his favorite show when the announcer goes "In next week's episode" i love your narrative style, please more!

LOL thank you..I am so glad you enjoy. there is plenty more coming...photobucket is slow lol.

Loving your report so far. And the pictures are great. We will be at the RPR from 5/21 - 5/27. Can't wait!!!

Still Day 1: Dinner Time

"Ok we need to pick a restaurant...Who will be the winner??"

Before we decided we wanted to take more pictures...Its just so beautiful there how can you resist picture time!

maytrip100.jpg

maytrip099.jpg

Now presenting.......The Hard Rock Scene

NOW down to business...Dinner Time!

maytrip104.jpg

We walked around CityWalk to see where we wanted to eat..We looked at Margaritavilles menu, and we werent craving what they were offering.

So we walked over to Latin Quarters and CRAVED what they offered. The menu sounded delicious, gourmet, and exactly what our tastebuds needed. ALso what are stomachs needed.

Drum roll please.......And the Winner is......by a landslide

LATIN QUARTERS!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:
maytrip102.jpg

"Table for Two Please"
The LQ staff greeted us and seated us. They were so friendly and right away we got seated at a romantic setting by the stage with a pond.

maytrip105.jpg

It was soo romantic and cozy, the atmosphere was inviting and it felt like I was in a vintage spanish cave. I love it here.

The staff wore authentic latin shirts called guayaberas. Scott was actually wearing a guayabera that night so it fit the mood. Our waiter was so nice and friendly letting us know what he reccomends. Which definitly helped because we werent sure what specialty drink we wanted, they had a list of latin style drinks.

maytrip108.jpg

Me and my Lime Daquari

maytrip109.jpg

Scott got the Little Havana..it was yummy I tried it and said next time I will order that.

Our drinks were perfection, they were sweet, cold and velvety on our tounges. It started off our dining experience right.

Now here comes the challenge...what shall we order???:confused3 :confused:

We started with the Tostones appetizer..Its fried plantains with shredded juicy seasoned chicken, melted cheeses, tomatoes and black beans.
Talk about heaven on a PLATE! One bite and all the flavors collided in a spark in my stomach and mouth. Scott could not stop eating them. Neither could I!

maytrip110.jpg

The menu looked divine and it was so hard to chose from all the delicious latin varieties. In the end I chose the Latin Quarters de Paella. I love paella so i was thrilled to try theirs and sure enough it was MAGNIFICENT:yay:

maytrip112.jpg

Scott ordered the Churasco (skirt steak) with sweet plantains and brown rice.
He says "Alexis when we get married can you cook me this every night?"

Umm no I cant but we can come up here all the time, thats ok by me lol

maytrip111.jpg

They also brought us delicious soft bread rolls..heated and toasted to the right degree with butter with like a garlic/parsley season.
"WARNING YOUR TASTE BUDS MIGHT EXPLODE WITH EXCITEMENT":scared1:

Ok so are you all ready for the sad part??? Well we DID NOT get dessert, we were stuffed and we could not find any room for a sweet sensation.
But we wouldnt doubt for one second that they are delicious..

Scott and Alexis rate this restaurant with 2 thumbs up!

Coming up:

Still Day 1: After Dinner Fun

"Cigars, Drinks, and Singing...who could ask for more?"

WooHoo! Thanks for the TR. You can never have too many pictures! Can't wait for you to get to the parks!

Still Day 1: After Dinner Fun

"Cigars, Drinks and Singing...Who could ask for more??"

After our delicious dinner experience we noticed that it was now around 10pm and the clubs were getting ready for all the fun they had in store. Scott said he noticed a cigar shop here, he just doesnt know where it is. So we walked downstairs for the directory (I know, what tourists!). So we asked a security guard there and he said it was upstairs towards the left. So we marched on up the escalator by the movie theaters, passed a starbucks and found.......

TA DAA

"CIGARZ"

maytrip113.jpg

So we walked right in and Scott loved:love: checking out the cigars they had. I prefer the flavored ones so i got a vanilla and cinnamon flavor.

maytrip114.jpg

Scott got a Romeo and Julliet cigar.

maytrip115.jpg

I had a hard time lighting it because it was very windy. Mind you Im not good at it. lol

We found a spot above the stairs and sat and enjoyed our cigars. Its very relaxing and we got to take in the beauty and excitement of CityWalk.
So i got ansy and wanted to walk some more, at the begining I saw "carnival-like games" and wanted to play them to win a stuffed animal.
maytrip116.jpg

My favorite is the ones with shooting the water at the target, and thats where we went.

3 bucks per person per game. So we played twice..If you win the first round you win a teddy bear...BUT if you play 2 rounds and win the second round you get a sesame character. SHOOT FOR THE SESAME! And thats what we did..

maytrip117.jpg

I was hoping I would beat scott!

maytrip118.jpg

maytrip119.jpg

Then along came two boys who played against us..

As the bell rang, we took our guns and pointed at the target with water shooting out...I thought I won, but the bell rang on Scotts side.

Scott won round 1!!!! Go scott

The two boys then left and it was neck and neck between Scott and I.,..

And the winner is......MEEEEEEEEEEE YAY!:woohoo: I won a COOKIE MONSTER in a pirate suit lol.

maytrip120.jpg

Me and Cookie, soo happy were together lol.:hug:

Enough children games, time to P A R T Y!!!!!!!:banana:

CityWALK just opened a new club/bar called Rising Star Karaoke.
Now if you know Scott he LOVES karaoke...so we decided to check it out, and with our hotel perks we got in free.
maytrip121.jpg

As we walked in they had a huge stage with LCD flat screen tvs playing really good music with music videos. So we sat and ordered some drinks...(cookie monster came too, but he didnt drink)

Scott ordered Corona and I ordered a captain and diet coke. We sat back and listened to the band start to sing. They were excellent and very lively. We loved it there and didnt want to leave.

maytrip123.jpg

maytrip124.jpg

Now if your a bad singer (like scott lol) you wont sound bad when you go up there because the band is pretty much singing along with you and you sound great. We wanted to go up and sing but were still a little shy. Maybe next trip.

We hung out there for about an hour and then called it a night, it was a long day. But it was a GREAT day.

As we walked towards the water taxi to take us back to our resort I took some pretty pictures of Universal at night.

maytrip125.jpg

maytrip126.jpg

As we arrived back to our room after a beautiful night ride on the water taxi we got something we totally didnt expect. We actually forgot about our suprise.

When we registered under Loews hotel member club we chose White wine and nuts to be delivered to our room at each stay. We thought it would be a tiny little gift...but we were suprised!

maytrip127.jpg

It was soo nice, and a big bottle of wine.. Scott enjoyed the nuts and the wine we saved for later..We had enough to drink tonight.

We switched the bucket and put in some water bottles to keep cold for us to drink.
It was soo great to walk in our room and see a chilled bottle of white wine waiting for us.
maytrip128.jpg

Day 1 was spectacular and we really enjoyed ourselves. But now its time to shower, head to bed and get some rest for our Day 2 of Adventures.

Coming Up

Day 2: 2 parks, 1 day.

"Express Pass on all the rides! Is it too good to be true????"

excellent TR:thumbsup2

great pics, makes me wish i was there right now:goodvibes

you lost me on the cigars:lmao: just can't take the smell; must be an acquired taste.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter