• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please recommend a hotel

qa4ever

Mouseketeer
I will likely stay only 1 or 2 nights (most likely 1). What hotel would you recommend? I would like it to be close to the resort, but also reasonably priced. IT will be just me, so doesn't have to be big, and will just be sleeping, so doesn't have to be fancy.

We stayed at the APA Hotel Tokyo Shiomi Ekimae - great deal, great location, very decent hotel. It also has an onsen, if you're looking to experience that! (It's the only western-style tourist level hotel we've stayed at that had an onsen!) It's certainly not the Mira Costa, but we were very satisfied with it. The train station is just over 300 feet from the hotel. Disney is only 3 stops (10 minutes) away!

Keep in mind that Japanese hotel rooms are SMALL! We've never had one that was so small that we couldn't stand it - and they are ALL immaculately clean. Things in Japan are, in general, very nice and well-kept!

We posted a bunch of photos of the area around the hotel (it also shows the proximity to the train station) on our FB page - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.651428161658220.1073741866.632841970183506&type=3

There are pictures of our room at the end of this album - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.649964355137934.1073741863.632841970183506&type=3

Please let me know if those links don't work - it's a public album so I think they should be fine...

I replied to your message, but I'll give a short reply here too. We arrived at Tokyo Station via Shinkansen from Osaka. Whether you are coming from somewhere else in Japan or the Narita airport, you'll go through Tokyo Station. As a major hub for the Shinkansens and the airport trains, Tokyo Station is very tourist friendly!!! Transferring to the Keiyo line from the central station is pretty simple and obvious - you'd have to try to get lost. Everything is clearly labeled in English and color coded (you want the RED train line, in this case.) It's a 10-15 minute walk - there are moving sidewalks, escalators, and elevators so it's not bad. The Keiyo line serves a ton of Disney tourists so there are less business commuters and you'll see a lot of other people with luggage (and Duffy Bears the size of 5 year olds...) The hotel I recommended is just a few train stops away at the Shiomi station stop (express trains will skip this stop so just make sure you take a local train - again, clearly labeled!) It's a very small station - easy to navigate, impossible to get lost, luggage is no big deal. The hotel is right across the street (or you could take a taxi, I guess - there are always several waiting. It really is just across the street, though.) We've stayed at several hotels in Japan and getting to this one was relatively simple. We love the trains and get JR Rail Passes so that's the only transport method we've researched/used. There are definitely other options!

Hope this helps!

Keep in mind that Japanese hotel rooms are SMALL! We've never had one that was so small that we couldn't stand it - and they are ALL immaculately clean. Things in Japan are, in general, very nice and well-kept!

Please note that all Japanese hotel rooms aren't small. I was in Tokyo a few months ago and our room was huge. It just depends on the hotel and type of room.

OP, check out the Official Hotels (Hilton, Sheraton, etc.) They are significantly cheaper than the Disney Hotels, spitting distance from the parks, on the monorail line, and are perfectly comfortable accommodations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter