Please - show me your crowd photos from last week 12/5-12/11!!

sharadoc

Visit WDW since '86, driving since '94.
Hi All,

I've gotten so confused reading about crowds and ride waits from last week. For those of you who are back home now, could you post photos of the crowds in the parks?

I NEED help figuring it all out! Visual works best for me :thumbsup2

8:15 am on 12/3 (EMH) on Dumbo.

15362_227657235179_689315179_4690435_3267235_n.jpg

Primeval Whirl line on 12/4 at 9:45 ish. I think there might have been one or two other people in front of those that you can see.

15362_227678940179_689315179_4690659_6465980_n.jpg

Just after 4 pm on 12/8. Main Street, MK:

15362_227722115179_689315179_4690893_6634665_n.jpg

We were there from 12/5-12/12, and the crowds were thicker than I expected, but not terrible.

We did rope drop every day and got a lot done by 11:00. The crowds definitely picked up as the day went on.

Even though it was fairly crowded, the wait times for the rides weren't terrible. Not sure how that's possible, but it seemed that way to me. Maybe a lot of people just there for Free Dining?:confused3

We were there from 12/5-12/12, and the crowds were thicker than I expected, but not terrible.

We did rope drop every day and got a lot done by 11:00. The crowds definitely picked up as the day went on.

Even though it was fairly crowded, the wait times for the rides weren't terrible. Not sure how that's possible, but it seemed that way to me. Maybe a lot of people just there for Free Dining?:confused3

We were quite surprised, since we were there the week before, and found it virtually dead some days. Once everyone started pouring out from T-giving week Sunday a.m. - we hardly waited to go onto rides except for the really three popular ones - TSM, Soarin' and MS. I wondered too, because people kept saying the resorts were packed due to the 4/3 deal. But we didn't see anything to the contrary - as a matter of fact, we would walk up for our dinner reservations and except for the two character dinners and Kouzzina's, most of the restaurants were only half full.

DITTO!!! We were there Dec 6-12. Sorry I don't have pics, but the wait times on rides were minimal except for TSMM and Soarin (didn't look at Space Mountain). Just about everything else, the highest we saw standby was 20-30 minutes. We used TGM and hit Rope Drop most days and rode all the big rides with fast passes and it worked out great.

Saturday, 12/12 a CM told me they almost closed MK for a while in the morning because of crowd levels but that enough people left to keep it open. It was a madhouse!! I've never seen it like that because we always go in May. Around lunch HM had a 45 minute wait, IASW had a 30 minute wait. Peter Pan was 75 minutes, POTC was 30. I know times have been much worse but there were so many people that I could hardly walk.

That being said Tuesday, Wed, and Thursday were great. Low crowds!! So it's mainly the weekends that are bad.

Wow - those first pics look great. MK looks fine.

We go at least once a year, and 2009 and 2010 will be twice a year, so we're not concerned with hitting all of the attractions. We plan to do the things that are special for that time of year, so the crowds just walking around will be the most important thing for us.

We were there August 16-30 and were surprised at the free dining crowds. Far more crowded than we expected, but we would have been fine if it wasn't for the 500% HUMIDITY! :scared1: If we can have crowd levels that are around end of August, I'm happy.

Keep the pics coming, please!!!

The walking crowds were what got to me on Saturday. I don't like wall to wall people. The crowd was bad in fantasy land between IASW and Peter Pan and also around HM. That's all we got to then left.

I do not have any pictures to show you but we went to MK sat 12/12 to ride Buzz because that was the only ride that my two little guys wanted to ride and it was a 40 minute wait but the scary part was it took us over an hour to exit the park (through the back) my children were almost crushed to death, people were pushing and shoving and because they are short people thought there was an empty space in front of me and tried to push there way into their spot. :scared1:

Not a park, but here's the Boardwalk on the afternoon of 12/5:

100_7325.jpg

DHS 12/5:

100_7250.jpg

100_7285.jpg

Frontierland at MK 12/6. One caveat, this is the morning they were doing the parade taping. So Main Street was gridlocked, making FL quite empty!

100_7472.jpg

100_7471.jpg

Epcot 12/7:

100_7630.jpg

100_7616.jpg

I tend to not take crowd shots so the two below are really the only two I have from our trip 12/6 - 12/11. Both pictures were taken on 12/8 at Epcot and both were probably taken in the morning or early afternoon.

Epcot-1.jpg

Epcot01.jpg

Picture threads belong on our Theme Parks Community board, so I've moved this one to here. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter