Please tell me what you think of my ADRs>>>

princessreilly

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the Polynesian for the fist time and have park hoppers, so hopefully that will help us in getting to all of these!! It looks so hectic when I look at it, but we are still not doing everything we want. I had to change them all around when I bought tickets to MNSSHP too....Well here goes.....

MONDAY SEP.27TH
(Barber shop for DS 1st haircut)
(PIRATES LEAGUE DS4@3:25 )
(BIBBITY BOBBITY BOUTIQUE DD8@5:10)
CRT DINNER @7:05

TUESDAY SEP.28TH
DONALD’S BF @10:10
Chef’s de France(Remy) @5:00
Illuminations @9:00

WEDNESDAY29th
Sci-Fi @11:55
Block party bash @3:00
Luau @ 8:00

THURSDAY30th

O’hanas bf @ 8 :30
Tutto Italia @ 12:00
Brown derby @6:10
Fantasmic @8:00This seems to be the only show this week:confused3
FRIDAY OCT.1ST
Teppan Edo(keep?)@12:00
Plaza @5:10
MNSSHP 7-12pm

SATURDAY OCT 2ND
Crystal Palace@ 8:05
O’hana’s @9:30

Is your Brown Derby on the Fantasmic Package?

My only concern is if you get seated late, like 6:30 to 6:40 which during Free dining is a real possibility - then you might have a really hard time getting out of there in time to go stand in line for Fantasmic.

If you have the Fantasmic package then you don't need to line up nearly as early.

My only other comment is that when my kids were that age there is no way they could have handled a late night at the Halloween party and then an 8am breakfast without a payoff of sheer exhaustion and possibly a meltdown down the line. We usually left the next morning after those types of things unscheduled and let them sleep for as long as they wanted. Then we'd go splash around in the pool a bit and then decide the game plan for a late lunch.

Is your Brown Derby on the Fantasmic Package?

My only concern is if you get seated late, like 6:30 to 6:40 which during Free dining is a real possibility - then you might have a really hard time getting out of there in time to go stand in line for Fantasmic.

If you have the Fantasmic package then you don't need to line up nearly as early.

No it is'nt part of the package. I didn't want to charge another on my card just yet and that was all I could get. Maybe I should keep looking for maybe a 5?

My only other comment is that when my kids were that age there is no way they could have handled a late night at the Halloween party and then an 8am breakfast without a payoff of sheer exhaustion and possibly a meltdown down the line. We usually left the next morning after those types of things unscheduled and let them sleep for as long as they wanted. Then we'd go splash around in the pool a bit and then decide the game plan for a late lunch.

I didn't even think about that! Thank you I am so glad you noticed. That is what I have you guys for!

We are staying at the Polynesian for the fist time and have park hoppers, so hopefully that will help us in getting to all of these!! It looks so hectic when I look at it, but we are still not doing everything we want. I had to change them all around when I bought tickets to MNSSHP too....Well here goes.....

MONDAY SEP.27TH Looks good...but no breakfast ADR? Maybe do a Chef Mickey??
(Barber shop for DS 1st haircut)
(PIRATES LEAGUE DS4@3:25 )
(BIBBITY BOBBITY BOUTIQUE DD8@5:10)
CRT DINNER @7:05

TUESDAY SEP.28TH
DONALD’S BF @10:10
Chef’s de France(Remy) @5:00
Illuminations @9:00

WEDNESDAY29th
Sci-Fi @11:55
Block party bash @3:00
Luau @ 8:00 Very long day- I hope you head back to Poly after the Block Party Bash for some naps. Then since the luau is right at your resort you won't have to worry about transpot time between resorts, parking, etc...
THURSDAY30th

O’hanas bf @ 8 :30
Tutto Italia @ 12:00 I personally wouldn't be hungry for this ADR after just finishing breakfast 2 hours earlier...
Brown derby @6:10 Don't see how you'll be able to keep this resie and still make F!. Especially since this is the only showing- you'll need to line up at least 45-60 minutes prior..and I don't think this is part of the F! dining packagae since it seems those ressies are all for before 5pm...Fantasmic @8:00This seems to be the only show this week:confused3 They may add more shows for the week as the date gets closer- it is still way too early to tell...keep your fingers crossed.
FRIDAY OCT.1ST
Teppan Edo(keep?)@12:00 Can you get a breakfast ADR someplace- maybe Ohana's since it is right at your resort...? Can you switch your Ohana day from Thursday to Friday? I would try to have breakfast a bit earlier if you want to keep your Plaza time...
Plaza @5:10
MNSSHP 7-12pm

SATURDAY OCT 2ND
Crystal Palace@ 8:05 Can you change this to either late breakfast or maybe even lunch- since your next meal isn't scheduled until 9:30 that night. You could try an 11amish ADR...this way you can all sleep in a bit after partying it up at MNSSHP the night before. Or maybe just grab a quick bite at Kona- Tonga Toast is the best!!! I am drooling now as we speak- LOL!!! After just splash around in the pool or enjoy the resort- you pay enough to stay there you should enjoy it a bit, dontcha think...;-)
O’hana’s @9:30 9:30pm??? That is really late for dinner IMO. I don't think my kids would last that long and would be tired, hungry grumps by then

It looks like you are doing alot of hopping from Park to Park- and it seems like you'll be rushing from 1 meal to the next. This schedule doesn't really allow you any time to enjoy a park and get on any rides... it feels like you will finish up 1 meal and then have to rush to the next park so you won't miss your next ADR... of course- just my opinion...:flower3:

May I recommend some changes-
I would really try to keep everything in 1 park per day...or even if you have a ADR at a resort (Ohana, CM, etc) and then hop over to a park, that would be fine. I am just really afraid that you won't be able to collect any FP or make it onto any rides since by the time you finish 1 meal you will have to hop onto some form of transportation and rush to the next park in enough time for your next ADR. If you have an early ADR somewhere, hang out a park for a bit, maybe head back to Poly for swim if warm enough or a quick nap- and then back to park for your dinner and some rides...this will be much more relaxing for you. In the fall, the park hours will be shorter, so it is good idea to try to maximize your time in each park.
Have a wonderful time...:hippie:

okay, just an idea.

Wednesday do your Sci Fi lunch and then whatever rides and shows you feel are most important at MGM. Don't do the Parade on Wednesday but when you're ready head back to the Poly to relax and swim before the Luau.

Thursday, maybe move the Ohana breakfast back to later and then head over to MGM. Watch the Block Party Bash at 3pm and then try to get an ADR for Brown Derby at 4:15 or so. After dinner keep an eye on the Fantasmic line-up to get a feel of how crowded it is. They'll start letting people in 60 to 90 minutes before showtime. Go get seats (if you don't have the Fantasmic package) and get snacks if anybody is hungry. I know I knocked out Tutto Italia which is probably the one meal your dying to have... but it would really give you more flexibility.

Saturday move the Crystal Palace back to a noon or 1pm lunch and let the kids set the pace for the morning.

It looks like you are doing alot of hopping from Park to Park- and it seems like you'll be rushing from 1 meal to the next. This schedule doesn't really allow you any time to enjoy a park and get on any rides... it feels like you will finish up 1 meal and then have to rush to the next park so you won't miss your next ADR... of course- just my opinion...:flower3:

May I recommend some changes-
I would really try to keep everything in 1 park per day...or even if you have a ADR at a resort (Ohana, CM, etc) and then hop over to a park, that would be fine. I am just really afraid that you won't be able to collect any FP or make it onto any rides since by the time you finish 1 meal you will have to hop onto some form of transportation and rush to the next park in enough time for your next ADR. If you have an early ADR somewhere, hang out a park for a bit, maybe head back to Poly for swim if warm enough or a quick nap- and then back to park for your dinner and some rides...this will be much more relaxing for you. In the fall, the park hours will be shorter, so it is good idea to try to maximize your time in each park.
Have a wonderful time...:hippie:

I think you are probably right. I was worried about that, but I have been to Disney too many times wanting to go into a restaurant and could not get in bc I had no ADRs. I'm thinking about waiting later and cancelling. I need to look and decide what to do. I would like a relaxed trip with one ressie per day, but it's so hard to tell exactlly what will be going on that week?

Thanks for your help! My replies are in red. :)
okay, just an idea.

Wednesday do your Sci Fi lunch and then whatever rides and shows you feel are most important at MGM. Don't do the Parade on Wednesday but when you're ready head back to the Poly to relax and swim before the Luau.
I love this idea!:lovestruc:lovestruc
Thursday, maybe move the Ohana breakfast back to later and then head over to MGM. Watch the Block Party Bash at 3pm and then try to get an ADR for Brown Derby at 4:15 or so. After dinner keep an eye on the Fantasmic line-up to get a feel of how crowded it is. They'll start letting people in 60 to 90 minutes before showtime. Go get seats (if you don't have the Fantasmic package) and get snacks if anybody is hungry. I know I knocked out Tutto Italia which is probably the one meal your dying to have... but it would really give you more flexibility.

I may do this and switch Tutto for Teppan! Thanks for your help!
Saturday move the Crystal Palace back to a noon or 1pm lunch and let the kids set the pace for the morning.

I can't wait!! It's my first stay at the Poly!!! Where are you staying and are you doing MNSSHP??

We are staying at All Star Movies! One day we will stay at the Poly! We love it there!! We are doing MNSSHP on Sept 28th! Maybe Sept 30th too depending on how much we get done and the weather! I am super excited!

I agree with pp about hopping and dining. It can get hectic and tedious.

Instead,we schedule TS dinners at the parks where we are OR at a resort near our home resort. If we plan on going to the park early, we plan to leave early afternoon and eat at a resort and perhaps go to DTD in the evening. If we sleep late, we either go to a water park in the morning go back to our resort in the afternoon to rest and eat CS lunch and then go to a park for dinner and the evening show. We plan 8 days so that we can have a day in each park and an evening in each park with waterpark and DTD on alternate days and evenings.

Ok--so I checked online dining reservations and Nothing earlier for Brown Derby. Anyone know detailed info on booking the Fantasmic package?? TIA

I agree with pp about hopping and dining. It can get hectic and tedious.

Instead,we schedule TS dinners at the parks where we are OR at a resort near our home resort. If we plan on going to the park early, we plan to leave early afternoon and eat at a resort and perhaps go to DTD in the evening. If we sleep late, we either go to a water park in the morning go back to our resort in the afternoon to rest and eat CS lunch and then go to a park for dinner and the evening show. We plan 8 days so that we can have a day in each park and an evening in each park with waterpark and DTD on alternate days and evenings.

Yes!! I forgot to work in waterpark time. Time to do more revising! :laughing:Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter