PO or Dolphin with kids, ages 12 and 16?

cindy sanford

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first WDW trip in April. Wahoo! We are a family of 4 with a 12 and 16 year old in tow. We've narrowed it down to PO or the Dolphin. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. POFQ or POR?

Thanks again.

I have not stayed at the Dolphin, but may for one night on our
next trip. I have been in its lobby and had breakfast their. I know
they have a great pool and is a short walk to the Boardwalk,
Epcot and MGM.

My daughter and I have stayed at POR in 00 and 01. Both
times we stayed in the Mansion section. We enjoyed our stay
very much. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. My daughter
loved having breakfast at Boatwrights, instead of the food court.
And one thing that we both enjoyed, is renting a pontoon boat
and going to DTD. We do this for our boat rental even when were
not staying at POR because of the view.

If money, is not an object your stay at the Dolphin should
be great because of location. If you want a beautiful resort, and
save some $$ I would stay at POR, IMHO.

I have a feeling you are getting a good rate at the Dolphin so I would say go for that resort.

Your kids will love the nightlife at the BW and R&R is just a short walk or boat ride away LOL!

Considering the ages of the kids, my vote is the Dolphin. We have stayed at both PO-FQ and the Dolphin, and my kids (ages 10 and 12) prefer the Dolphin hands down!

They love the close proximity (walking distance) to EPCOT and STUDIOS. Very convenient for those rushes to TT, TOT, and RRC!
They also love walking over to the Boardwalk in the evenings for all the action there.

And the Grotto pool area at the Dolphin is probably second only to Stormalong Bay! They love the waterfall, spring pool, and the three hot tubs at the Grotto.

Rooms are bigger and therefor more comfortable at the Dolphin. The layout is nice, with an extra dressing vanity outside the bathroom. Also, the Dolphin is generous with complimentary upgrades if available (just ask!) - Love the balconies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter