Podcast 2.0 Discussion Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning and Happy Friday to everyone!!

I will be arriving at WDW pre-cruise exactly 6 months from today!! :cool1:

Woo-hoo. DD will be starting exams that week. When she's done, we head down.

Good news, tho. Cruise is paid.:banana: And one of hotel rooms. :cool1:Now just have to pay for tickets and other room. And the fun stuff....:goodvibes

I just wish they would release the Candlelight Schedule.

For those interested in the Holiday Tours it appears as though Disney will be offering the Holiday D'lights tour again this year as they have added it to the Tours & Special Events page on their website.

The other Holiday Tour is the Yuletide Fantasy tour.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/holiday-d-lights-tour/

I know this sounded good, but can't remember if people's reviews said it was worth it...

Depending on when its offered, I might like to.

I am sooooooo ready for this trip! My parents and my brother and his family just got off of the Wonder this morning. They did the 5 day Double Dip. My brother sent me a text this morning that said that my nephew was SPOILED rotten all week! He said that Ethan hasn't eaten his baby food all week. He's been enjoying whatever anyone else has been eating...:rotfl: I'm hoping he was able to squeeze in a Mickey bar or two...or seven...;)

I'm anxious to hear all about their trip! I hope they loved it as much as we did! My parents have done a Disney cruise before, but this was my brother and sis-in-law's first cruise. I know they had fun...how can you not when you're on a Disney cruise ship?

As anxious as I am to hear all about their trip...I'm even more anxious to lay claims to my Dooney bag! :dance3:

TGIF computernut friends! TGIF!

(It's been quite a workweek and I am NOT sad to see it wind down!)

Good Morning and Happy Friday to everyone!!

Oh,my! Me, too! :yay:
Just haven't decided if I will be arriving at MCO at noon or 8:00 PM.

TGIF folks! :banana:

Karen. Other than hitching a ride, cab, or towncar, the only option is a bus or boat to DTD, then a bus to the Swolphin. Last boat leaves Riverside about 11pm. You have to stay later of course. :cool1:

Wow, you really have been in the parks for 20 yrs, George - you're so knowledgeable! :worship: DH is a nite owl so we'll stay :cool1: and he'll have no probs springing for a cab - thx a mint for the info :goodvibes Was going to have dinner at the Brown Derby but think I'll make it lunch instead so we can head back to relax a bit before heading to YHB :dance3:

yup. just haven't decided which day. DH is a water park kind of guy. Probably go after spending afternoon at waterpark.

:eek: you think it'll be warm enough? :scared1:

We'll be at the Country Inn and Suites Saturday night. A nice breakfast with new friends just before a cruise? What's not to like!:banana:

I'm thinking of staying there too but haven't booked anything yet. We're going to drive to the hotel after the Boardwalk meet :goodvibes

188 days until we arrive in Florida = 4512 hours = 6497280 minutes :thumbsup2

I have 129 days left at work and there are 27 weekends left :thumbsup2

I hope you are able to start booking your ADR's. I don't think we're going to make any until after the cruise as we are looking at getting the QSDP.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Will be watching the weather this weekend with hopes of being able to power wash one side of the house with tsp. Our reprieve from the ongoing painting prep will be a multi-birthday party tomorrow - our friends are deep frying a turkey and making wings - both are gutsy, IMHO. Dem fightin' words when anyone here is willing to say their homemade wings are the best! :rotfl2: I'm looking fwd to trying the turkey - never had it prep'd that way before. I :lovestruc turkey but DH doesn't prefer it so I NEVER make it...pretty hard to finish by yourself :lmao: I'm bringing a simple dish of scalloped cheese potatoes since the hosts pretty well don't eat any veggies :sad2: and the desserts are covered! :cutie:

Have a fab weekend all! :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

TGIF computernut friends! TGIF!

(It's been quite a workweek and I am NOT sad to see it wind down!)
Having my work week stop on Thursday almost makes up for having to work on Sunday and Monday :)

I know this sounded good, but can't remember if people's reviews said it was worth it...

I did it in 2007, and loved it! My TR on it is here.

I am interested in doing the tour. I know last year they only did it two days a week on Mondays & Wednesdays. The cost last year was $179.00 per person. The reviews I heard seemed mixed on it.

Disney Visa Holders - AP - DVC - AAA members get a discount off the cost of tours. (Not for sure on this tour in regards to Discount - but most tours qualify for a discount)

I am interested in doing the tour. I know last year they only did it two days a week on Mondays & Wednesdays. The cost last year was $179.00 per person. The reviews I heard seemed mixed on it.

AP - DVC - AAA members get a discount off the cost of the tour.

Disnet Visa holders get the best discount-20%

If they're open, we'll go. FL in Dec, water should still be comparatively warm.

I think one is open and the other is closed for refurb and then they switch.
IMO, anyone north of the Mason-Dixon line should swim in Florida year round. I know I'm used to turning blue after getting out of the water up here nine months out of the year.:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

If they're open, we'll go. FL in Dec, water should still be comparatively warm.

One of the water parks should be open in December - possibly both depends on refurb schedules. Cooler days = low crowds at water parks.

I think one is open and the other is closed for refurb and then they switch.
IMO, anyone north of the Mason-Dixon line should swim in Florida year round. I know I'm used to turning blue after getting out of the water up here nine months out of the year.:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Blue, huh? Folks thought we were crazy going swimming in late Apr, when we went on Med trip a few years ago.

Just setting realistic expectations...

This photograph was taken during DIS-a-Palooza last year. Same weekend as our cruise this year. Look at the clothing. Hats, gloves, scarves, warm coats, etc. The entire weekend wasn't as cold as this particular day and night, but it is a possibility. (The windchill was near 32 degrees this particular night and it was misting.)

Notice that none of us cared, particularly. But, we weren't swimming either.

DATWDAP12-09.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter