Podcast cruise from another podcast!

I understand that feeling. I was at WDW during MouseFest last year, too, and I went to the DIS tree lighting ceremony. Most of the people there were strangers to me, so I didn't stick around long.

I wish we had found each other!

I was with a friend from high school who was not a Mousefester. She stayed in the lobby and did her email when I went to the Mega-Meet. She was tired and went back to the room instead of the Toy Story party. (I am so sorry, Pete. She was on of the no-shows) She kept saying I was going to a private party with "my friends", but I didn't really know anyone.

I will do better next time!

Please if anyone attending any of the DIS Unplugged events this year hasn't connected with someone beforehand please approach me. I'll introduce you around.

I would love for everyone to feel connected at these events. I think it is great getting to meet people in person that we have talked with on the computer.

I wish we had found each other!

I was with a friend from high school who was not a Mousefester. She stayed in the lobby and did her email when I went to the Mega-Meet. She was tired and went back to the room instead of the Toy Story party. (I am so sorry, Pete. She was on of the no-shows) She kept saying I was going to a private party with "my friends", but I didn't really know anyone.

I will do better next time!

My daughter was at WDW with me the weekend of the MouseFest land activities, but she didn't want to go to the Mega Mouse Meet. I got there late because we spent the morning at Hollywood Studios. Fortunately - there were still quite a few people there, and I saw some "old" friends that I've known for years. :)

TODD - soft-sided luggage! :teeth:

I think this thread I started about another podcast hosting a cruise has been hijacked!

New topic seems to be "belonging" :grouphug: to a :dance3: group.

Please if anyone attending any of the DIS Unplugged events this year hasn't connected with someone beforehand please approach me. I'll introduce you around.

I would love for everyone to feel connected at these events. I think it is great getting to meet people in person that we have talked with on the computer.

:cheer2::cheer2::grouphug: Maybe closer to DAP you might mention this on a podcast. To make sure we help the folks that listen but don't post to feel welcome. They are just as much a part of the family!!!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I think this thread I started about another podcast hosting a cruise has been hijacked!

New topic seems to be "belonging" :grouphug: to a :dance3: group.

I'm surprised it stayed on topic as long as it did.....

I am terrible with names so despite reading the threads prior to Mousefest last year I think I only recognised Yvet (as she had a name tag) where I quietly said 'are you from the Dis?' and was welcomed by a 'YES' and a hug :hug:

And Mindy (Ursulas Shadow) as I expected her to look like Ursula :rotfl:

And even trying to break the ice and talk to them was out of my comfort zone. I know how hard it is to try and 'fit in' but really no-one cares and everyone I met at Mousefest and on the cruise was so lovely and welcoming it didn't seem to matter I wasn't 'in' on all the jokes and past stories :grouphug:

I will try harder and stike up conversations on the next PCC - it can't do any harm :confused3

:grouphug:

I will try harder and stike up conversations on the next PCC - it can't do any harm :confused3

I hope it is not all "try harder"!

It is tricky when the "in kids" and "cool kids" are already in place.

But they promised to let us join in!

We were all the outsiders at some point. I remember when I first started and felt like I didn't know anyones name and got the feeling friendships were already established and I couldn't break the circle. Just keep hanging around and post like you are talking to family. Todd is the crazy uncle and Paul is the crabby grandpa.

Gosh...I hope what I am about to say makes sense...

First of all...Kathy - Thank you so much for your offer to everyone to meet us beforehand so that we can all know someone. Statements like that are why I have come back to listening to the podcast.

Second - to Nancy...I will be at DAP this year. And I will be attending as many Disney meets as I can...both the DIS and other podcasts. It will be quite the juggling act. I have talked with you in chat over the past couple of nights and enjoyed talking to you. It is very hard to keep up on Wednesdays...and I am going to try to remember that this week...as I am usually one to add to the banter including unnecessarily saying "hint" 400 times to John. :rotfl: It is very helpful to be reminded that it is going too fast for everyone to keep up. I hope you will join us next Wed in chat and maybe I will see you before that when I hijack another chat night. And if you are going to DAP...please PM me or something and I will make sure you are introduced to everyone that I know.

I had given up in trying to fit in with this group. From the outside it seemed like there were too many background stories and it was just too hard to "be one of the cool kids" as someone put it. The podcast cruise came and went and I was sure then that I would never fit in and had decided to stop trying and stick to my wish trippers thread and TR's.

I even stopped listening to the DIS podcast for a while and started listening to some others. I stopped because I felt like I would never fit in. I had my email read on another show, won an auction on another, and have generally had very good "luck" in being easily accepted by those groups. I have found their forums to be very friendly. I don't post to all of them...I could never keep up. But it has been very hard to ignore the overwhelming welcome I have experienced on a few of them. I have met some very nice people on other podcast boards, chats and Facebook with those people. Including the podcasters themselves, who seem very approachable. I have never sent an email to another podcast that was not answered.

I am back now listening to the DIS Unplugged. I really like the banter and am getting to know the podcasters again. I know the DIS show is HUGE and gets many, many emails each week and can't possibly answer them all or acknowledge them all. And that is all fine. I particularly enjoyed last Thursday's show because I feel like I am actually getting to know the team. But I still listen to other shows. And I will definitely to go to some other meets when I am able.

Recently, I took Kevin's advice and just "jumped right in" and joined some of the "big threads" (DAP and Cruise Thread)...and have tried to introduce myself and jump right in the banter. I certainly feel more a part of the group than before! It is still hard to follow some of the private jokes, though...but I am catching on and have found everyone to be very friendly!

I guess I say all of this to say...

- Other podcasters are nice people and those boards have nice people.

- There will be lots of opportunities to meet people - we are all Disney fans - no group is better than another...just different. The DIS is the biggest, so we should be the friendliest, since we have so many nice people!

- It makes me VERY sad when I hear others say that the DIS is not friendly...It is large. And a little intimidating. But for the most part the people here are VERY nice. And I have had an opportunity to set a few people straight over the past few months. ;)

I would certainly consider a cruise from another podcast. I am limited by my vacation time, but if I could go on all of them, I would.

Oh yeah...And I am going to Magic Meets!! So if you are going and see me, please say hello! Hopefully we will all have lime green mickey heads somewhere so we can find each other!

Oh yeah...And I am going to Magic Meets!! So if you are going and see me, please say hello! Hopefully we will all have lime green mickey heads somewhere so we can find each other!

I think it is so cool to be able to go to Magic Meets. There will be such a mix of people there that know each other from different websites, podcasts, etc. I am sure there will be lots of overlapping of communities and should be so much fun as they all share the common Disney connection.

Please be sure the lime green Mickeys mix well with everyone else!

Second - to Nancy...I will be at DAP this year. And I will be attending as many Disney meets as I can...both the DIS and other podcasts. It will be quite the juggling act. I have talked with you in chat over the past couple of nights and enjoyed talking to you. It is very hard to keep up on Wednesdays...and I am going to try to remember that this week...as I am usually one to add to the banter including unnecessarily saying "hint" 400 times to John. :rotfl: It is very helpful to be reminded that it is going too fast for everyone to keep up. I hope you will join us next Wed in chat and maybe I will see you before that when I hijack another chat night. And if you are going to DAP...please PM me or something and I will make sure you are introduced to everyone that I know....

Very nice post, maroo! I remember when I first started chatting on the DIS in late 2000, and that's when I got to know a lot more people. Then I took a long break from chat and hadn't been back to the DIS chat room until a few weeks ago. I hope to figure out who all the cousins/aunts/uncles/crabby grandpas are by the time DAP rolls around! :lmao:

Speaking of DAP, I have no idea what my friend's group is planning for that weekend, so I don't know if I'll be at any DAP events. I will try to show up just to say hello - if nothing else. :)

I hope you will have a great time at Magic Meets! As I mentioned in chat last night, the one time I had definite plans to go (in July 2007), those plans were cancelled at the last minute so I could be with my daughter in Texas after she had surgery.

Sorry this was more of a note to self :rotfl: I am quiet shy (getting better though) and not Yvet shy ;) but that's just me and I know others have said that when it comes to meeting people they feel a bit overwhelmed.

Personally I wouldn't count myself as one of the in/cool kids but that's probably my perception of things which would be different to other peoples :confused3 tones are hard to pick up on with the written word - sorry if I gave the wrong impression :flower3:

These guys are VERY welcoming and accepting :grouphug:

Aaron is the guy next door.

Don is the creepy old dude that stares out his drapes at you.

:lmao:

Aaron is the brother I wish I had.

Don is....Don. No need to go any further.

Family board ;)

I think it is so cool to be able to go to Magic Meets. There will be such a mix of people there that know each other from different websites, podcasts, etc. I am sure there will be lots of overlapping of communities and should be so much fun as they all share the common Disney connection.

Please be sure the lime green Mickeys mix well with everyone else!
'

I have run into several people on other boards that are going...so hopefully we will all be able to mingle nicely!!! :)

Very nice post, maroo! I remember when I first started chatting on the DIS in late 2000, and that's when I got to know a lot more people. Then I took a long break from chat and hadn't been back to the DIS chat room until a few weeks ago. I hope to figure out who all the cousins/aunts/uncles/crabby grandpas are by the time DAP rolls around! :lmao:

Speaking of DAP, I have no idea what my friend's group is planning for that weekend, so I don't know if I'll be at any DAP events. I will try to show up just to say hello - if nothing else. :)

I hope you will have a great time at Magic Meets! As I mentioned in chat last night, the one time I had definite plans to go (in July 2007), those plans were cancelled at the last minute so I could be with my daughter in Texas after she had surgery.

late 2000? wow. I was not even a Disney fan in late 2000.

If you figure out who everyone is, let me know! I have asked for a family tree, but no one has obliged. :rotfl:

Mainegal, you have to jump in and go with it...

I didn't go on the cruise and but have gone to the meets. It is a fun bunch and you just have to go with it...

Everyone asks a question that quickly gets missed and everyone kills a thread (or I do)

Just go with it and have fun.

I am finding the topics on this thread very frustrating. In order to be a part of something, you need to put forth the effort and try. On countless occassions, DISers, moderators, and podcasters alike have said to "jump right in." I truly believe that is how everyone becomes friends with one another. If my fifth graders were out on the playground and one came running up to me saying that nobody would be friends with her, I'd try and find out what steps she has taken to make friends. She can't expect people to surround her and beg to be her friend if they don't know her from that ball on the ground. I also cannot force people to be friends with her. I'd definitely encourage her though. The same holds true in a community like this. One cannot expect people to put the effort into a relationship that is one sided. Similarly, one should not expect someone to put a foot forward when the other person is not doing the same. It takes effort on part of both parties. :hug:

Don put it well in a previous post. Everyone was an outsider at one point. It wasn't until they started participating and initiating conversations that they felt a part of the community. I can't stress that enough. Instead of wallowing in the fact that you see yourself as not a part of something, make yourself a part of it. :goodvibes Put the best foot forward and don't shy away just because some individuals took that step before you did and now have common ground with others. Afterall, how is that common ground built if the soil isn't put down first? lol at my figurative language in here today. ;)

I want to add that this is not meant at anyone in particular, but I'm speaking to the masses here. So come on, jump right in and enjoy the sunshine. :grouphug:

Oh, and by the way, I just want to point out that during the course of this thread new friendships were made. Nancy, Mainegal, and Maroo all seemed to make a connection just by talking and participating. I think I now have the right to say, "I told you so." ;)

Oh, and by the way, I just want to point out that during the course of this thread new friendships were made. Nancy, Mainegal, and Maroo all seemed to make a connection just by talking and participating. I think I now have the right to say, "I told you so." ;)

Actually - I think I made a connection with maroo (and others) in chat earlier this week. :) It reminded me that I've gotten to know people better by chatting with them than by posting back and forth on a message board. Podcast chat on Wednesday night was a lot like the Saturday night free-for-all chats in 2001 when WillyJ and Marla were the chat hosts. I haven't been to DIS chat recently on a Saturday night to know if it's still like that...maybe tomorrow!

To get back to the original topic - I went to Lou Mongello's site, registered, and posted on the thread about the 2011 cruise his group is considering. :thumbsup2

NancyIL:
I know that you have a history with a lot of people here. But many of you have been posting and chatting as Podcast cruisers for over a year for the first cruise, and new people aren't going to know "the stories." I've been on the DIS daily for years, too - but not on the Podcast board. Let me tell you, it takes awhile to catch on late in the game! I was in Podcast chat Wednesday night, and all I could do was try to READ it!

I'm cruising with another group this December because my roommate is part of that group and she invited me to go. I'll be at WDW during DAP, but most likely doing stuff with the other group because of my friend. If I still go on the Podcast cruise in 2010 and have the same roommate, then we'll be doing DIS stuff because I invited her on that cruise.

:welcome: Nancy! I actually like it when I'm behind and chat goes crazy with Kevin coming into the room cuz I can just scan it and then I'm all caught up :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Personally I like hearing fresh additions, like when the e-mail show is all unfamiliar-to-me listerners. :goodvibes

Wonderful that you've got RL DisNut friends too - real life :rotfl2: - so you can check out other events. Hope you can join in the 2010 cruise. :upsidedow

cheers,
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter