POFQ vs. ALLSTAR QUESTION

bamadisney

Mouseketeer
WE HAVE BEEN TO DISNEY WORLD TWICE AND STAYED AT THE ALLSTAR MUSIC, WITH OUR DD WHO IS NOW 7. THIS YEAR OUR 3 YEAR OLD DD IS GOING FOR HER FIRST TIME ALONG WITH DH AND 7 YEAR OLD DD. WE MADE RESERVATIONS AT THE POFQ THIS YEAR DUE TO GREAT SAVINGS ON THE RESORT. DID I MAKE A MISTAKE? WILL MY GIRLS ENJOY THE RESORT OR SHOULD I CHANGE BACK TO ONE OF THE ALLSTAR RESORTS? I WANTED TO TRY A NEW RESORT BUT NOW I AM WORRIED THAT I MADE THE WRONG DECISION. PLEASE ASSURE ME THAT POFQ WILL BE FINE OR ENCOURAGE ME TO CHANGE RESORTS. THANKS. WE WILL BE GIONG IN OCTOBER.

Bamadisney...welcome to the DIS...glad you decided to post.

You will find that there are people on both sides of this issue. We prefer the FQ over All Stars for a couple reasons. It is very small. No matter what room you get you are less than 5 minutes away from the main area, pool, food court. While the FQ doesn't have the huge figures of the characters there it does have some other nice features. The pool is lined with alligators/crocodiles that are playing instruments. There is a huge clam shell that spits water out into the pool and a larger serpent slide that is pretty mild. My 3 year old didn't have a problem going down it at all. There is also a small kiddie pool right by the main pool for those who are a little afraid of the water. There are large courtyard areas where kids can run and burn off some energy if they need to do that. My son likes to throw his soft baseball around for a little bit. It works well. The food court has just been redone but I am hearing good comments about it.

The bus transportation has always been good for us. At FQ you are the first stop on, which means you can usually find a seat, and the first one off, which means a shorter bus ride in the evenings when everyone is tired. The one negative is that the FQ bus stop seems to be the farthest away at the disney stops. But, that really never mattered to us as it wasn't that far...but it does bother some.

You can also use the facilities at Riverside. They have a main pool area that has a slide that is a bit faster than FQ. They also have several quiet pools. It is about a 15 minute walk to Riverside from FQ. You can also take the bus over there or I believe, there is a boat shuttle that goes back and forth. I'm not sure about the times that it runs.

You will also like being close to the Marketplace. My son (now 4) loves the things down there especially Lego Land. Makes an easy trip in the evenings after the park closes.

Finally, I don't think that the FQ ever feels as "crowded" as the All Stars. Just my opinion. Not that it doesn't get busy but at All Stars we always felt "crowded" when out and about in the resort itself. I'm not sure how else to explain it.

If you want to be close to everything you might want to request bldg. 4 or bldg. 5. We've also stayed in bldg. 6 and it, too, is very convenient to things. But, really there isn't a bad location in the resort. We've been there 9 or 10 times now and really enjoy it.

Thanks so much for your reply. I am glad to finally be able to ask some experts advice. I really appreciate all of the great information you gave me. It has helped alot. The POFQ sounds great!

We stayed at POFQ for the first time two years ago and my boys loved it. You will not be disappointed. It will be more relaxed and comfortable for you all.

I would stay at POFQ hands down. The rooms are bigger, the resort is less crowded and walks are shorter, the resort is much, much prettier. I think there is just as much or more for kids to enjoy at the moderates and deluxes.

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT AND ENCOURAGING ADVICE. I AM GLAD THAT I MADE RESSIES AT POFQ. I JUST NEEDED TO HEAR IT FROM SOME EXPERTS! THANKS A TON. CANT WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER!:p

Bamadisney - I'm sure you will enjoy POFQ. As it gets closer, if you have any questions be sure to post them. We love to help!:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter