Points question for a probably cancelled 2021 trip

MadScouser

DIS Veteran
Ok - bear with me on this one.

Original trip we had was Easter 2020 - which was obviously canned very late due to the pandemic. We then speculatively re-booked for Easter this year .... which given current UK travel and US restrictions isnt looking likely

Points wise we have 200 from "last year" banked into this year, and 100 borrowed from 2021

If we have to cancel this trip, and in all likelihood try again Easter 22

What would be the points scenario for the current year points and the borrowed points ?

Im assuming im left with the 200 from last year borrowed (potential to sell to someone), but can i bank this years points, and what about the 100 I borrowed ?

Hi there, your best bet would be to speak to member services as you might have some points expiring very soon which you need to rent out or put into RCI if you have no other options

Last November I was in a similar situation and past the banking deadline, members service let me bank points after the deadline due to the continued UK situation. I hadn't borrowed points & the points which were already banked I either had to put in RCI or rent out, I ended up renting them.

call member services and they'll put borrowed points back into the original year..
as for the banked points, you'll have to rent them to somebody or put them into RCI...

Last edited:

I thought borrowed points were automatically being put back into their original year, so definitely speak to Member Services.

I am in the exact same situation, booked for April last year, postponed to October last year, then rearranged to April this year, a combination of 2020 and 2021 points, 2020 points due to expire mid way through year, im going to try and online chat with DVC guest services

In same situation minus the borrowed points with a postponed May 2020 holiday and an all but inevitable Easter 2021 postponement. I have banked points and have spoken to MS. I was told to call back and speak to a supervisor nearer the time and explain that I am from the U.K. it has been suggested to my twice that they’ll do something for my 2019 points. Some people have recently said they had banked 2019 points extended by 6 months.

I am sure they’ll put your borrowed points back into the year they were borrowed from.

I have already cancelled and banked my 2020 points last month (I have a June UY), but still have a booking for most of my 200 2019 points.

Quick update...

Walt Disney International - amazing... have refunded the 4 tickets , so will use that to pay for the 2022 tickets

For the points, DVC have said i can "double year" roll forward the 200 points, as long as used by May 2022 . Just need to wait about a week til all the points end up in the right place

So, yay Disney. Just sad to have to pull the plug.

Now for the Jet Blue and BA calls

Quick update...

Walt Disney International - amazing... have refunded the 4 tickets , so will use that to pay for the 2022 tickets

For the points, DVC have said i can "double year" roll forward the 200 points, as long as used by May 2022 . Just need to wait about a week til all the points end up in the right place

So, yay Disney. Just sad to have to pull the plug.

Now for the Jet Blue and BA calls

i wouldn’t count on what they said About being able to bank the 2020 points again....that would seem to be a violation of the T&C/POS

i wouldn’t count on what they said About being able to bank the 2020 points again....that would seem to be a violation of the T&C/POS
I’ve heard this as well, international DVC owners getting an extra year to use points. I dunno, I might just rent mine if I cancel

I checked today. still not in the "right place" - but the cast member noted that there is a note on my account - and to check back next week (as said it would take 7-10 days)

We cancelled our July trip to Anaheim yesterday with all the uncertainty we will push to 2022, I called DVC and was allowed to bank my 2020 points into 2021 and move back borrowed 2021 points.
We still had 260 points from 2019 so was able to put these into the RCI program.

I checked today. still not in the "right place" - but the cast member noted that there is a note on my account - and to check back next week (as said it would take 7-10 days)

Are your points double banked or were they 2020 points that you were able to late bank into 2021 (therefore good til 2022)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter