Policies as of 5/10/22

We're going down in a week and given it'll be post-Easter holiday, we're masking indoors. We're down there for two weeks and we don't want to have issues ruin what will be our first trip as a family in two years. We plan on wearing in lines (even maybe outdoor lines depending on tightness of space), but will remove them on rides if we're "alone" so we can see the kiddos reactions (like removed on Little Mermaid, but maybe wearing them on Small World). For certain situations, we may shift to N95's even which is likely overkill, but if it makes us feel not bad to do something like Haunted Mansion, we're going to do it.

Who the heck cares what others say about us? One, I'll never see them again; and two, I'll be behind a mask so it's not like they'd even be able to know who I am anyway!

We're going down in a week and given it'll be post-Easter holiday, we're masking indoors. We're down there for two weeks and we don't want to have issues ruin what will be our first trip as a family in two years. We plan on wearing in lines (even maybe outdoor lines depending on tightness of space), but will remove them on rides if we're "alone" so we can see the kiddos reactions (like removed on Little Mermaid, but maybe wearing them on Small World). For certain situations, we may shift to N95's even which is likely overkill, but if it makes us feel not bad to do something like Haunted Mansion, we're going to do it.

Who the heck cares what others say about us? One, I'll never see them again; and two, I'll be behind a mask so it's not like they'd even be able to know who I am anyway!
You do what’s comfortable for you. There were times when I got onto a crowded bus while there, I’d whip out my N95 to put on top of my mask . Sometimes, the bus driver will pack those buses up before they leave. Like you said, I’m never going to see them again.

Thanks. This really helps. It has become such a divisive topic and it was never that way for us. My husband got sick on one of our vacations to Disney pre-covid and it sucked so much. It's way too easy to get sick in crowds like that so we will do whatever we can attempt to do. I just don't want to stand in a long line having to deal with dirty looks or making comments while stuck in one place for an hour or more. I know I shouldn't care but my friend was so upset when she got confronted. She was minding her own business and it really shook her up.

We put our masks whenever things felt too crowded, especially indoor lines. But, we also ate in a lot of restaurants. When we walked into Oga's- shoulder to shoulder crowds- we remarked that if we didn't have Covid yet, we probably caught it then. Dh did, in fact, test positive 5 days after we returned from Disney. Who knows for sure if he caught it there but we had been really Covid careful this whole time; FL/Disney was our outlier. He masked more than I did and always with an n95 and I have stayed negative (knock on wood). No one ever said anything negative. I'd say about 20% of people masked up. I always put my mask on when interacting with a staff member, like a store, that had a mask on. I always figure that is polite if I am in their space.

We put our masks whenever things felt too crowded, especially indoor lines. But, we also ate in a lot of restaurants. When we walked into Oga's- shoulder to shoulder crowds- we remarked that if we didn't have Covid yet, we probably caught it then. Dh did, in fact, test positive 5 days after we returned from Disney. Who knows for sure if he caught it there but we had been really Covid careful this whole time; FL/Disney was our outlier. He masked more than I did and always with an n95 and I have stayed negative (knock on wood). No one ever said anything negative. I'd say about 20% of people masked up. I always put my mask on when interacting with a staff member, like a store, that had a mask on. I always figure that is polite if I am in their space.
I'm sorry about your husband. Did he have symptoms? That's shocking that he caught it after wearing an N95. I'm glad you are healthy so far. We went last year when masks were required inside at Disney and didn't get sick. I'm worried about this trip but too late now. Fingers crossed.

I'm sorry about your husband. Did he have symptoms? That's shocking that he caught it after wearing an N95. I'm glad you are healthy so far. We went last year when masks were required inside at Disney and didn't get sick. I'm worried about this trip but too late now. Fingers crossed.
At first he chalked it up to allergies but it became clear that it was more than that. His home test lit up like a Christmas tree as soon as he dropped on his sample. But, he only really felt bad for 2-3 days. He/we're all vaccinated and boosted so I'm sure that helped minimize the severity. My booster was in Dec., his was back in Sept. so I could still have better protection hence how I avoided it.

... My husband got sick on one of our vacations to Disney pre-covid and it sucked so much. It's way too easy to get sick in crowds like that so we will do whatever we can attempt to do. I just don't want to stand in a long line having to deal with dirty looks or making comments while stuck in one place for an hour or more. I know I shouldn't care but my friend was so upset when she got confronted. She was minding her own business and it really shook her up.
I've been more worried about "being picked on" since masks aren't required than I ever was before.

My middle child has worn masks on public transit for years due to his allergies- the biggest perk was always that it physically stops you from touching your face which is the culprit in many "airborne" allergic reactions people have especially on planes... they touch food residue on a public surface, then stick fingers in their mouth or eyes, or eat something without washing their hands. He had many reactions in public before he started that habit, but now I'm nervous to fly in case we get some nutcase who thinks they need to mock him for it.

There's sanitizer everywhere, but that's about all you can expect for Covid now. This is still Florida. It's crowded. There will be people up in your space. Sure, most people are minding their own business. But Disney seems to bring out extreme reactions by intense people.

FYI more than 1/2 of them were empty when we were there.
Yup, when I went for President's day week all of them were empty and I never saw them refilled. I brought my own and I sanitized my hands after every single ride.

No need to worry about anyone saying anything about wearing a mask, OP. I wore a mask indoors and no one said anything. Do whatever is most comfortable for you and your family. Just be aware that Disney is doing little to nothing in terms of Covid precautions. It's business as usual in the parks.

Last edited:
With the court ruling of this week, masks are now optional on transportation as well. my guess is that there is always going to be someone who prefers to wear a mask, but they won't be a majority. There's no way to control whether you get comments or not. I can't imagine it being a regular thing but no guarantees, the parks don't pre-screen for jerks. just note that anyone who does that is a jerk.

Last edited:
I doubt you'll be completely alone. In my area I'm still seeing people in public places/stores and such wearing masks. We go in a few weeks and while I don't think we'll be among those wearing masks in any indoor location, I am leaning towards masking on the plane down there particularly bc my kids aren't vaccinated, so masks are their only measure of protection. Whether my littlest (under 2) actually wears it or not is another story entirely.

My experience Nov and Feb was most sanitizer stations were empty. I would expect with protocols gone that those will disappear totally and put on the guest - bring your own.

We actually used sanitizer for years before COVID, my DS touches all the rails, rides etc so I am always hand cleaning. We are back to doing what is best for your family, and completely ignore anyone who says anything to you. It is none of their business.

The hand sanitizers were mostly empty in January, too. Assuming it was same sticky stuff they had last year, I used my own, anyway.

Thanks. This really helps. It has become such a divisive topic and it was never that way for us. My husband got sick on one of our vacations to Disney pre-covid and it sucked so much. It's way too easy to get sick in crowds like that so we will do whatever we can attempt to do. I just don't want to stand in a long line having to deal with dirty looks or making comments while stuck in one place for an hour or more. I know I shouldn't care but my friend was so upset when she got confronted. She was minding her own business and it really shook her up.
whoever confronted her has mental problems. most people whether they want to wear one or not will not say anything to other people

I doubt you'll be completely alone. In my area I'm still seeing people in public places/stores and such wearing masks. We go in a few weeks and while I don't think we'll be among those wearing masks in any indoor location, I am leaning towards masking on the plane down there particularly bc my kids aren't vaccinated, so masks are their only measure of protection. Whether my littlest (under 2) actually wears it or not is another story entirely.
I hear you. It's simply a bummer to be sick on vacation. Bless him but my husband gets hit hard by the mildest virus. We don't want to mess around lol. My worry is the long lines. I think that's how my husband got sick on our trip years ago. We're so excited though. That dang resort makes me so happy.

As of today:

Disney is still doing "enhanced cleaning" at resort rooms and restrooms. Nothing additional on rides or in stores.

Masks are optional everywhere except inside first aid stations. So no required masks on busses, monorails, indoor rides, or anywhere else.

In my personal experience, about half of cast members still wear masks, and very few guests do. You definitely won't look weird wearing one, although you might get questions if you leave Disney.

Hello I hope this qualifies as an acceptable covid question. I was wondering if any policies are in place at all anymore. Ultra clean rooms, sanitizer stations, etc.

I was also wondering if there are still some people here and there wearing masks? We plan to wear them inside and I really don't want to get any comments. We fully understand why other people don't want to wear them but we feel more comfortable since my husband works occasionally around immune compromised people. We want to blend in without any scrutiny and it would make me feel better to know that some people are still wearing them too. Thanks : -)
Feel free to wear them all you want. No one is going to give you any grief about it. We just got back and there were lots of people still wearing masks. Now the vast majority were not wearing masks (us included), but I never saw anyone say anything to those wearing masks. I believe everyone there believes it is your personal choice to do what you feel comfortable with.

Feel free to wear them all you want. No one is going to give you any grief about it. We just got back and there were lots of people still wearing masks. Now the vast majority were not wearing masks (us included), but I never saw anyone say anything to those wearing masks. I believe everyone there believes it is your personal choice to do what you feel comfortable with.
Thanks so much! I'd settle for just a few people like us out there so we can blend in. I really have no problem with others being mask free. I'm a little jealous to be honest but my husband gets sick too easily. I need to try something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter