Polite Pig tipping

Must be something new. I eat there each trip, the last being in Oct 2019 and have never been asked for a tip upfront. I always leave a tip when im done but im not tipping anyone early. Thats just an opening for poor service and food to happen in the future.
We've eaten here many times and never been asked to tip at checkout. There is the option on the checkout screen to tip, but we've never been asked out loud.
We've ordered at Polite Pig, said "no thank you" at the register and tipped the server in cash. We hand it directly to them, when we are leaving. We never leave cash tip on a table!
We hand it to our server when we're leaving also.

I wouldn't mind if it was a touch screen where you pay and have an option to enter a tip, but being asked out loud is weird.

Be Our Guest breakfast is a similar quick service--you pay at a counter, but they bring your meal to the table. I've never been asked for a tip there.

Calling these places "hybrid" is a stretch. If that is the case, then any buffet at Disney is also a "hybrid" as outside of clearing plates and filling drinks, I'm doing the rest of the "work" to get my meal. I don't like the on the spot or pushy attitude about a tip at a QS place.

I wouldn't mind if it was a touch screen where you pay and have an option to enter a tip, but being asked out loud is weird.

Be Our Guest breakfast is a similar quick service--you pay at a counter, but they bring your meal to the table. I've never been asked for a tip there.

Now that I think about it, this is what they do at McDonald’s and Chick-fil-a, too.

Despite the relatively new practice of an employee bringing our Happy Meals to our table, I’m not ready to consider McDonald’s a hybrid just yet.

I live in Los Angeles, and pretty much every upscale fast casual place around prompts for a tip at checkout. Fast casual is not traditional "fast food" where tips are not necessary. You get a higher level of service than a McDonalds or Jack in the Box, and one should tip accordingly. If I am just getting take out, I usually do not tip (sometimes I feel generous though). If I had great service, I will leave money in the tip jar or on the table on the way out (I hate prepaying tips in case I get crap service). These workers really rely on these extra tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter