POLL: Should Connections stay on MouseSavers.com?

Should Connections stay on MouseSavers.com

• Yes, the information is valuable to some people.

• No, too many problems with Connections.

• Other (please post comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.

FoodLover

Founder of MouseSavers.com
I have been getting so much conflicting feedback from people about Connections that I've removed the Connections info from my site, at least temporarily.

Here are the facts:

The vast majority of people who have written to me like the Connections program and feel it offers some deals not available elsewhere, including 10% off Park Hopper Plus passes and Disneyland 3 and 4 day Hoppers; the 4-Day Park Hopper Plus pass for WDW, which isn't available elsewhere; and various WDW meal vouchers that you can't buy elsewhere.

Many have also said they really liked all the information I provided (prices of passes, info on which restaurants will take which vouchers, etc.) because Connections' own web site doesn't provide much detailed info.

However, a significant (and vocal) minority think Connections has too many problems and I shouldn't promote it on MouseSavers. The specific complaints are:

Multiple charges - two people that I know about were overcharged and/or received duplicate orders. These problems were resolved, as far as I know.

Slow shipping on the $10.50 meal vouchers and unclear/contradictory information given out when people called to find out when they would receive these. I personally experienced this problem, which was eventually resolved.

Connections currently has a satisfactory rating with the Better Business Bureau but did have its membership suspended for a few months in late 1999 because of billing problems. BBB says these are now resolved.

Complaints led to an investigation of Connections by the Attorney General's office in Minnesota. The complaints were specifically about telemarketing calls made by Connections (or a telemarketing firm employed by Connections) and did not pertain to any other part of the business.

I don't want to associate MouseSavers with anything that will cause my readers problems. However, I'm now getting a lot of "bring Connections back" requests. So I'm going to do a poll and see what YOU think!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I was just over at your site looking everywhere for the Connections info!!! Please put it back up, it was very helpful to have all the info in one place. I realize some people were having problems with them, but from recent posts it sounds like Connections came thru in the end. I think they were really trying to keep up with the sudden demand for food vouchers. I did a trial membership last year and had absolutly no problems with them, either in the order I placed or in canceling my membership.

I have never used Connections, but I sure like knowing the option is there! Couldn't you just post the information with a lot of disclaimer type information around it to warn folks of some of the problems? That way it really is up to the consumer as to whether or not to buy from them--you're just listing it as a possibility.

Mousesavers is such a wonderful and dependable site! I would hate to have to start judging whether or not a company on the site was going to be more trouble than it is worth. I guess it would tend to make me skeptical of other info if I knew so many people had these problems and Connections is still worthy of mention by mousesavers. I for one would never try connections knowing what I know about the problems people have experienced!!

Sheila

I think it's wonderful that you had the information on your site. I had seen it, and then read everything there was to know about it on this site. Based on all the positive and quite a bit of negative opinions I decided to go with Connections. I received my voucher and tickets the very next day. I couldn't find any posts where the people weren't refunded their money or issues weren't trying to be resolved. I felt Connections got bombarded with new memberships and orders, but were trying to deal with it as best as they could. I just checked my CC again today and was not charged twice. Any complaints recently? I'm thinking they might have cleared that matter up. After deciding to join, I went back to Mousesavers and read all there was to read. Based on that information I knew exactly what vouchers were the money-savers. That is info I probably wouldn't have taken the time to figure out by myself and was so happy to find it. Everyone has a right to make a decision and it's nice to know sites, as yours has information on it. The Connections site doesn't really make it clear.

To make a long answer short :) :I'm glad you had the information on your site when I was looking for it. I'm sure others would like to have it as well.

I'm one of the people who was double charged and double shipped, and I was not happy with it. HOWEVER, they did make an effort to correct the problem (Customer service called me) and I now have my certificates. I haven't had the extra charge removed but I disputed it with Amex, so I'm not worried. Even with all of that I feel that you should have the info. on your site WITH A DISCLAIMER, much the way you had it. I think that with better communication Connections could be a great deal and many people have been helped by the savings. People shouldn't judge your site based on outside companies. So, if you put it back (and I think you should) I would just add the cautionary disclaimer.

Thanks for all you do!

Mary--Connections doesn't want to sell to NY residents. NY is more aggressive in consumer protection than many other states. That, plus the overbilling, plus the past BBB problems has me nervous. The meal vouchers could be rendered worthless if a number of restaurants (1/3 ?) stopped participating. I don't think they can continue in business based on their present model (order a lot under the $1 trial). If you want to restore the information I suggest you post a warning regarding past and possible future problems with the company.

My 2 cents would be to keep it on the website but to caution people that some people have had some bad experiences with them. Maybe you could let people know just to ask alot of questions and make sure they check to see if they have been double charged. It seems to be that people are getting some good deals from connections, maybe connections is just biting off more than they can chew. Maybe it will just take a little while to iron things out.

I think you should have Connections on your site with a disclaimer also.

I joined, ordered some certificates and waited about 2 1/2 weeks for them to come. I also got some mis information. I agree that problem was problaby because DIS members ordered so many at the same time. I think the problem has been resolved. I ordered more certificates on Tuesday and recieved them on Wed. Thats right 1 night, actually less then 24 hours. I then canceled tonight(Wednesday) with no problem. To date there has been no problems with my charge card.

I gave this some more thought. Your site is different from most other information sites in that you only list the deals that you use and/or are totally convinced are legit. There are quite a few scams around (particularly on the web).
Conections has a bad past (BBB, attorney general) and a bad present (including your problems). There present policy of allowing people unlimited use of the Disney discounts for $1.00 doesn't allow them to stay legit (if significant number of people use them and cancel as the disney fans are doing). It's only a matter of time until major problems come back (maybe restaurants participating change).
You pulled the information because YOU HAD QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS, nothing has changed. I think you should stick with your first instinct. Most people probably won't have a problem but there is reason to believe many will.
Pete pulled the resort codes from this website (not popular) because of his concerns, your entitled to do the same with Connections even if it's not poplular.

My understanding is that Connections has somehow is able to sell the same meal vouchers that Disney itself puts into it's special meal plan packages. I can't imagine that Disney would pull 1/3 of it's own restaurants from it's own meal packages.

Belle5, you are correct -- the meal vouchers sold by Connections are the same ones Disney uses in its own packages.

I'm sure it's a tough call since so many people trust the info on your site.
In fact I just came from there as well - (I was looking for the connections
information) I've decided to go ahead and use them for park hoppers - but
will probably not do the meal vouchers this time.
I'd hate to see the info gone - but I do agree that people should be made
aware of potential problems. It would be interesting to know how many people
were happy with the service as compared to the few who had problems. My
guess is there are probably many more that had things go smoothly.
Thanks for all the $$ saving tips!
Sheila

When they had the problems with the food vouchers I didn't panic too much, because I
had received the park tickets within 2 days, so I figured they were just having normal problems that all businesses experience from time to time, at no time did I ever blame Mary's
site for these problems, and there were so many posts from people who actually used the
vocuhers and the park hoppers with no problems. I really think this is a company that HAS had
its problems, but it really does seem they are trying to resolve them

Hulabird

I have not used Connections and don't really plan to, but I think it's fine to have the info on your site with a *warning*. This way people can ask questions on the board or through email if they are concerned.

Thanks for all you do!:D :D :D

I have used Connections two times. I ordered my four day hopper plus passes on a Sunday night and I had them by Tuesday.

I decided to order some Quick and Casual meals on Tuesday and got these today by UPS.

I have been checking my credit card and there has been no problems.

Also, I live in New York... The reason why I am mentioning this is from a previous post saying that Connections doesn't want to sell to New York residents.

I sent in my postcard for the four free movie tickets this week so I am curious to see how long it takes to get them.

I called to cancel Connections today, it wasn't a hassle at all, and I may join
again at another time, but i called 1-877-503-4052 early this morning to cancel and they
didn't try to pressure me into staying at all. I really got alot during my trial period,
php's, Universal Tickets and food vouchers. IF there were other things I would use
besides Disney I would have stayed, but as of right now I have cancelled.
Just wanted to let you know in case anyone wondered if it were hard to cancel.

Hulabird:bounce:

1 WEEK til WDW/CBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carib01a.gif

http://www.disneyclipart.com/images23/Parks/DisneyWorld/Resorts/wild01a.gif <---2002

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter