Poly - AP rate MORE than AAA rate

Frances999

DIS Veteran
I got an AAA rate for Lagoon View Concierge at The Polynesian for $482/night (including taxes). The AP rate was $485/night (including taxes).

I always thought the AP rate offered a better dicount than AAA :(

Since the AP rate is a flat $75 off a deluxe, the 15% AAA discount is better for rooms whose rack rate is greater than $500 ($500 x 15% = $75). The Poly Lagoon View Concierge rack rate is $510 per night. 15% off that is $76.50 which is a greater discount than the $75. The AP rate is great discount for the lower priced rooms but not for the higher priced rooms. I passed on the AP rate and stayed with my AAA rate for my YC Concierge room.

Thanks for the explanation, Wendy. I guess I am just a little disappointed, as I had really expected the AP discount to be greater than the AAA discount.

:wave:

I feel your pain!! I remember the days when the AP rate was a flat 50% off rack rates....ahhhh for the "good ole days"

Ahh, yes. And I remember the Fairy Tale Vacation Package where you paid for 4 nights and stayed for 7. That was my first trip to Concierge and; unfortunately, now I'm hooked and ready to pay the price (less 15%). Disney marketing worked on me.

If the rack rate for the Poly Lagoon Concierge is $510 and the discount is $75 off then shouldn't the AP discount price be $435?? What am I missing?

BigOnDis said:
If the rack rate for the Poly Lagoon Concierge is $510 and the discount is $75 off then shouldn't the AP discount price be $435?? What am I missing?

You're missing the tax of 11.5%.
435 x 1.115 = $485

Key words there "including taxes", now I see them. Feeling very sheepish.

Thanks.

My DH called this a.m. and was told there is no AP rate for Polynesian LVC. After reading the above posts, I'm glad we have a AAA rate already!

Frances999 said:
I got an AAA rate for Lagoon View Concierge at The Polynesian for $482/night (including taxes). The AP rate was $485/night (including taxes).

I always thought the AP rate offered a better dicount than AAA :(

Judging from the rates you are paying at the Poly, as well as your recent trips (and where you stayed), you all from the UK must be pulling down some serious coin to come over here so often and do that! Do you rob banks for a living?

The exchange rate right now is in the favor of foreign travel to the US. I am sure that WDW will be very heavily booked by those from England and Europe this summer.

Sammie said:
The exchange rate right now is in the favor of foreign travel to the US. I am sure that WDW will be very heavily booked by those from England and Europe this summer.

That may be, but it's not the exchange rate alone that's paying for these trips, b/c it's not THAT good! If it were, I'd move to England and then just travel over here on vacation. But there's money coming from somewhere...maybe they're the royal family, lurking on the DISBoards!

hokiefan33 said:
That may be, but it's not the exchange rate alone that's paying for these trips, b/c it's not THAT good! If it were, I'd move to England and then just travel over here on vacation. But there's money coming from somewhere...maybe they're the royal family, lurking on the DISBoards!
I wish! The exchange rate is certainly one reason, but the other is how much cheaper it is compared with reserving via UK travel agents. For an example, flights and a 14 night stay at The Polynesian (in a standard, GV room) would easily cost £6500+ ($13000+) for a family of five. Most simply pay more for vacations from the UK.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter