Poly Concierge was GREAT!

lookingforward

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a weekend stay at the Poly concierge garden view. Check in was really easy. We arrived during a torrential downpour so the valets were really busy but after a few minute wait we were driven back to the Hawaii building for our check in. The room was not ready but the check in was easy and the staff was really friendly. My kids LOVED the volcano pool. Our room was very clean and large, no funny smells, etc. It overlooked the "quiet pool". I have to comment on the guests staying at the Poly. Most were incredibly friendly. Holding elevators, saying hi, etc. Very nice. We did use the poly's stroller for our daughter. They require you to give them a credit card on file in order to take it out of the hotel but they did not process it. The food offerings were very nice, perhaps not as exotic or extensive as the AKL concierge, but plentiful and yummy. They put out cookies and drinks during the day along with fresh fruit. At night they had one hot offering (baked ziti one night and a DELICIOUS chicken ceaser salad the other) with fruit salads, cheese, crackers, etc. along with wines. At night they offered some great desserts. The thing we really loved was the endless water and soda bins that were available around the clock. It was great to grab waters as we headed out for our day.The staff were very nice and kept busy with requests, etc. The lounge had a lot of tables to sit at and breakfast was a nice contintental selection. We stayed on the second floor which did not have balconies but was super easy to access the lounge. They provided trays and paper plates, etc. if you wanted to eat in your room.

I requested the staff change a few of my reservations and they were wonderful about that. At all three restaurants we went to I noticed it was noted that we were concierge guests. Don't know if this ever gets you better tables or not, but it was noted each time.

The only complaint was when I requested late check out. The women working the desk said no, too many people had already requested it. I explained that I had been trying for several hours to reach the desk and kept getting voice mail. After a I politely persisted they relented and let me check out at 1 p.m.

Any questions let me know. We will definately be going back. You can't beat the location. OH. we did the unlimited marina pass for $199. It was a lot for just three days but we rented three mouse boats for three hours each and the pontoon boat for two hours, so we more than doubled our value. ($20+ per half hour for mouse boats (EACH) and almost $160 for the pontoon boat alone). We loved it out on the lakes. Had a great time!

Sounds like you had a great time. We'll be making our first trip to the Poly Concierge at the end of next week and can't wait to get there! So far the email exchanges I've had with the concierge have been terrific so we're expecting to have another wonderful time at Disney. :)

Thanks for making my day with the great report! We're heading there soon and I "feed" off the reports y'all are posting here. Can't wait...

:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter