Poly Resort Stay July 2016 TR

Finally at 9:00, they sent me a text and our table was ready. The food was good, not great but we were satisfied. The highlight of course was my DD meeting Cinderella and the crew.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

We did meet Prince Charming but pic didn't come out great...but here is a pic of them dancing in the crowd.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 13

By now it was getting late so we took the monorail back to Poly, hung out at the Ceremonial house, DD picked up a couple of things, and we went back to our room. It was a great day for us but we were ready to call it a night.

image.jpeg

The next morning we were up at 9 and headed out for breakfast. Today's plans were to check out the new Disney Springs with the goal of getting a made to order treat at Goofy's.

My DD got a bagel and large Mickey chocolate chip cookie at the Kona cafe quick service bar. We then brought these items to the Kona Cafe as I wanted to order their famous macadamia and pineapple pancakes. The wait was 5 minutes.

The coffee was some of the best I've ever had! And the cookie was so buttery and fresh!

Then we're off to the catch the bus to Disney Springs.

BTW: This is the section we stayed in...it was literally right next to the Ceremonial House.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
My internet is slow at home. It's taking too long to upload on my iPad. I will try again some time this weekend. :-)

Thank you for the report. We love the Poly. What a nice trip - to wing it. We are a family of 6 and could never wing it. We love the Kona Cafe macadamia nut pancakes as well. We are heading to the Poly in August and love your pictures. Thanks again.

We walked around DS and stopped into some of the stores. The layout is very different. It's much larger and I found it difficult to orient myself but we managed to find what we wanted, including the World of Disney store... And Goofy's. My DD also got a face painting. Here are some pics

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
YUM-she got chocolate covered marshmallows-I was going to get their rice Krispy treat but decided to save the calories.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

After lots of walking we ended up at Saratoga Springs while looking for the bus depot-everything has changed-so we were pretty tired and sweating-we found the bus stop outside of Saratoga and went back to Poly-changed, DD did some coloring.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
We both were hungry again and decided to do lunch. DD got a cheeseburger and fries from Capt Cook and I went to Kona cafe and got a great drink (can't remember the name now) and a California roll-with real crabmeat. We sat at the "bar" and got full wait service.
:)

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:
After lunch we changed into our swimsuits and hung out at pool deck and green space for a few hours. We were going to spend the rest of the night at Poly and see the electric parade and Wishes from the beach. We also shared a Hawaiian flatbread late that night for dinner.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

We then headed to beach and got "front row seats". It was so beautiful and magical-probably one of my favorite parts of the trip.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

After Wishes was over we sat out there for a while-it was so peaceful-I was truly relaxed, DD played in the sand with a couple of friends she had met at the pool for little bit.

We then returned to the ceremonial house and DD catches the cartoon artist, so naturally, she wanted to herself cartooned. He had a book of different "bodies" to add your cartooned face or you can design your own. DD was loving the Poly vibe so she wanted to design her own. She wanted to be a hula girl at the beach with a dolphin in the background. I thought it would be a great way to commemorate our trip. The artist happily obliged!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter