Poly Royal Adventure.ClubLevelBaby!5/14 DIAGON ALLEY BONUS Finale 7/15

Joining in! DBF and I had our first trip in January and the plan was not to go again until we had kids. But..... I can't wait that long I have had major withdrawal symptoms, constantly reading about Disney, and planning our next trip for September!!! Only a little over 3 months and I'll be back!!

Look forward to reading about your trip at the Poly. The Poly is our dream resort. But I'm going to wait to stay there after all the construction is done.

We stayed club level at the Poly last year. Sniff, sniff--I loved it so much. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we all did. I can't wait to read along and see all your pictures. I can't wait to go back someday. :)

Let's hope that the Imagineers come up with some amazing stuff and that he renovated Poly is better than ever! I would definitely plan on going back again, but wait until later 2015!

Following along! I'm going with friends in October for the Food and Wine and we were going to stay at the Poly, but opted for the Contemporary because of the construction. I laughed out loud at the awkward moment when you tell your co-workers you're going to Disney. I have that same moment when ever someone asks "where in Florida are you going?"...some people just don't get it?:confused3

The Contemporary is great too! Just one monorail stop and you can transfer to the EPCOT monorail for FW.

I don't want to lie to colleagues about where I am going, but have been tempted to, just so I don't have to have that awkward moment! Sure....I am going to Vegas. Yeah, Vegas.

Joining in! DBF and I had our first trip in January and the plan was not to go again until we had kids. But..... I can't wait that long I have had major withdrawal symptoms, constantly reading about Disney, and planning our next trip for September!!! Only a little over 3 months and I'll be back!!

Look forward to reading about your trip at the Poly. The Poly is our dream resort. But I'm going to wait to stay there after all the construction is done.

Waiting for kids? That's crazy talk! :rotfl2: I read somewhere that 1/3 of all adults at WDW go without any children.

We will also be there in September, at Wilderness Lodge! As much as I love Poly, I wanted to give it some time to renovate before going back.

As soon as we walked off the bus, we were greeted with a Poly CM with an iPad. She said we would be checking in through the CL Hawaii building. We walked past the front desk staff in the main lobby and I was hit by the best scent in the world, the Poly GCH smell!! And the waterfall was still running!!!

IMAGE_1603.jpg

There had been rumors that the waterfall was closing any minute, and sure enough, our last day, they started boarding it up completely.

The CM had given us our Leis and we officially looked like we belonged.

We were walked into the Hawaii building, with wide smiles and big expectations!

But then…..well, some disappointment. Ok, I fully realize I am about to complain about this experience when I know there are many tragedies in the world. But hear me out. I had read about the great CL CM at Poly and how they make you feel so welcome, so I had too high of expectations.

We walked in with our Leis, and the CM who brought us in pointed us towards the check-in desk. The CM at the desk barely made eye contact, got up and started rummaging around in different cabinets. We were not sure what was going on, but sat ourselves down. Then the CM who brought us in, leaned against the wall where another CM was standing and they begin to complain about how much longer their shift is, both completely ignoring us. Finally, the other CM who was rummaging around, finds a plastic bag of Leis, takes 2 out and turns to us and says “Oh, you already got them”.

giphy.gif

At this point it is 10:31am, and he says, if you want to get something to eat, you better hurry upstairs. The one CM leaning against the wall, shouts out to Will, they are going to be closed. “Maybe if you knock on the door, they will get you something.” Now sweet Will has no idea what he is talking about. Knock on what door? Who? Where? So the guy says to him again, “just knock and see if they can get you something”. Eventually, the third time he tells Will to go, he finally, with a slight sigh, says he will show Will where to go. So I was left to check us in, which went fine, but with no more fanfare, dare I say less fanfare, than when un-club level! I was just thinking maybe they'd offer us some water? Ask us where we are from? Maybe throw an Aloha our way?

Once we experienced the 2 CM whining about their shifts in the first hour of our trip, it seemed like we noticed CM complaining everywhere we went. Bus drivers, boat captains! I am not sure if this has always happened and after our initial experience we just noticed it more? Like when we were eating in the lobby, a phone rang in the back room and the CM cleaning shouted out “If they are calling to ask me to work longer I am telling them NO!”. On the boat, the captain was complaining about the upcoming 24 hour party and what a stupid idea it was and how the boats barely could take that abuse. Our bus driver, since it was just Will and I, seemed to feel free to complain about his views on guests and how the whole bus system worked. It was crazy! So much complaining!!! I just hold CM to a higher standard than I do other employees. I can’t imagine how hard it must be to work in the service industry. When I am on vacation though, I don’t want to hear complaints! Do that “behind the scenes”!

Rant over….

We were not celebrating anything specifically so there were no buttons needs! There should be a “I’m not at work right now!” button!

By now it was 10:45am and our room was not ready. I had requested 3rd floor level, to be as far away from bungalow construction possible, but those rooms are all TPV now. So, second floor it is! No balcony (again! 3rd time in Poly and never given a balcony or patio….First world problems). Our luggage was stored for us so we washed our hands (plane germs be gone!!) and hit the leftover breakfast offerings! It was really nice of the kitchen staff to give us some food even though they closed up at 10:30am. Got to get our money back… :rotfl2: It was a cold bagel and some POG juice and a diet Coke. I’ve had worse.

IMAGE_1602.jpg

IMAGE_1601.jpg

Once we had some food in us it was time to hop on the monorail...because we were starting off the day right, with MK!

Light breakfast consumed, we hightailed it to the Monorail stop at Poly, and started the journey to MK.

We power walked to bag check where my trusty WDW backpack (I seem to only use it for WDW trips!) made it through bag check and our MB turned Mickey green and we were able to step into the Magic!

I am so used to rope drop, that it is weird to enter with people already there!

IMAGE_1604.jpg

IMAGE_1605.jpg

We made it!! Planning this trip for over 200 days...and we made it.

tumblr_mtjjk2eN3P1sgbwzho1_400.gif

We strolled along Mainstreet, breathing in scents of popcorn and confections! All around us were families in matching t-shirts, Main Street vehicles, and bouquets of Disney Balloons! The distant train whistle we heard at Poly, had grown louder and real! The castle details were now vivid and unique, seeing that the grey castle wall’s were actually individual blocks of various shades and the blues and golds were actually intricate spires and turrets that rise up almost 200 feet!

Unfortunately, I realized we would not make our first FP+ window, which was for Space Mountain 10:20am-11:20am. I was basing our window off our last trip, but we were the first ones dropped off by DME then, being the 3rd drop off ate up a good 30 minutes.

I did not let this get us down. Between the lackluster initial CL experience and missing our first FP+ window, I was feeling a little defeated, but doggone it, we were still in Disney!

Since we had a little bit before our next FP+ window opened, we stopped by a PP photographer. We got the memory maker and I vowed we would stop by as many PP as we could!!

wd005wdw201413876079749_6980775754_18.jpeg

So, our next FP+ window opened at 11:30am, for Buzz!

IMAGE_1606.jpg

IMAGE_1609.jpg

IMAGE_1611.jpg

We both put on our germ gloves, ready to fight the Evil Emperor Zurg….and fight the spread of community acquired infectious diseases.

IMAGE_1206.jpg

Will admits when I first made him wear germ gloves he was just humoring me. Now when we travel he asks for them, especially on the plane. When we were riding TSMM with them, a CM came up to us out of the blue and said she loved the idea and wishes she was allowed to wear them at work!

Will took on the roll of pilot and I just kept my finger on the trigger and aimed for the high targets!

I have only purchased a ride photo once before in my life. I was in high school and went with my dad. We were on ToT and while I had my hands up screaming, he was looking at the park map. Classic dad. I had no choice but to buy that one. Now I just gave them my photo number and they scanned my band and I hoped it made it to my MM+ account (spolier alert...it worked).

wpbuzz.jpeg

Now where could we be having lunch? Maybe I should have Disney-bounded as a different character….I’ll just say I didn’t think yellow would be a good color on me….

wow - that is really sad about all the complaining from CMs you heard. Like you said, it's probably a touch job for people - but there are thousands of people who would love to have that job! Especially given the construction situation you would think the CMs there would be extra nice!

Congrats on making it to MK! Did you try to change your Space Mountain FP+? Just wondering if you were able to if you tried.

wow - that is really sad about all the complaining from CMs you heard. Like you said, it's probably a touch job for people - but there are thousands of people who would love to have that job! Especially given the construction situation you would think the CMs there would be extra nice!

Congrats on making it to MK! Did you try to change your Space Mountain FP+? Just wondering if you were able to if you tried.

Good question! I forgot about that! When I was on DME and began to realize it was going to be really close, I thought I would just change the SM time to later. Then I had a conundrum. There were times available for SM, but not until later that night, like 7 or 8pm. I knew that would limit 4th and 5th FP options if we had to wait that long to use our third. I knew we would be doing another MK day anyway, so decided to just let the window expire.

CL at the Poly?? I'm jealous!! Can't wait to read more. So sad the CM's weren't living up to expectations at Disney. We had a similar experience at BCV this past October upon arrival. There were at least a half a dozen CM's standing around and not one welcomed us or helped with the luggage until I approached them. I sure hope this is not a sign of the times at Disney. The friendliness of the CM's has always been one of the things that separates WDW from other resorts/parks. We will see in about a week when we arrive at BWV.

Looking forward to more of your TR!

CL at the Poly?? I'm jealous!! Can't wait to read more. So sad the CM's weren't living up to expectations at Disney. We had a similar experience at BCV this past October upon arrival. There were at least a half a dozen CM's standing around and not one welcomed us or helped with the luggage until I approached them. I sure hope this is not a sign of the times at Disney. The friendliness of the CM's has always been one of the things that separates WDW from other resorts/parks. We will see in about a week when we arrive at BWV.

Looking forward to more of your TR!

I hope you have a better experience! I really am not sure if that first hour of complaining CMs just made us notice it more (like when you are thinking of buying a certain type of car and then seeing it everywhere) or there really just is a lot more complaining than there used to be. I am hoping for the former!

Hi! Our trips barely overlapped, we left on the 19th. We are from Richmond and usually take the JetBlue 7 am flight down too. We feel that we get another whole day and it's worth waking up so early. I think it's normal for people to always question why we are going back to Disney...again. So people just never get it. :(

Hopefully your trip and the complaining CM's turns around.

I haven't seen pictures of Sunset Point completely gone from the CL room until your post. We stayed CL at the Poly on our Disneymoon and I loved looking over there and seeing them set up for weddings.

Following along. :surfweb: Oh and your Magic Bands look great! I never would have thought of Duct Tape!

OH MY GOSH. I just read your travel day post (somehow I skipped it earlier) and I just realized: WE WERE ON THE SAME FLIGHT! I flew out of RIC on Jetblue at 7am! And it was also a nonstop flight! How crazy is that!?!?! I wonder if I have seen you? :wave2:

I just wanted to say "hello" to a fellow Richmonder. :cool1:

Hi! Our trips barely overlapped, we left on the 19th. We are from Richmond and usually take the JetBlue 7 am flight down too. We feel that we get another whole day and it's worth waking up so early. I think it's normal for people to always question why we are going back to Disney...again. So people just never get it. :(

Hopefully your trip and the complaining CM's turns around.

I haven't seen pictures of Sunset Point completely gone from the CL room until your post. We stayed CL at the Poly on our Disneymoon and I loved looking over there and seeing them set up for weddings.

Following along. :surfweb: Oh and your Magic Bands look great! I never would have thought of Duct Tape!

Disneymoon!! Wedding Pavilion! That sounds amazing. I'm sorry I had to post the new CL view. I never saw the old view in person, but I do remember Sunset Point. Sigh....

I bet I will end up having a Dismeet the next time we fly JetBlue as it seems like a popular flight!

Subbing! I find myself in a very similar situation as the "back story" to your trip, so I can't wait to read more! (2nd trip in a year, club Level baby! At the poly despite, or perhaps because of construction. This is a first for us, too. The "club level" voice in my head, and inability to explain to anyone else why we are going again is totally recognize able. I do have the excuse of kids, but they are an excuse! Disney is my escape, too.

Subbing! I find myself in a very similar situation as the "back story" to your trip, so I can't wait to read more! (2nd trip in a year, club Level baby! At the poly despite, or perhaps because of construction. This is a first for us, too. The "club level" voice in my head, and inability to explain to anyone else why we are going again is totally recognize able. I do have the excuse of kids, but they are an excuse! Disney is my escape, too.

Club Level Baby! :dance3:

There are pros and cons of the construction. One of the pros is that 3 longhouses are closed and they have really restricted parking, so there is a lot less traffic.

The pool should still be open for you!

I have no words for the CM experience you encountered. It makes me sad, it really does. I am so grateful that I haven't encountered anything like that, but I have no doubt it exists. I hate even the thought of CM's outwardly complaining like that in view of the public. There is just no place for that. I don't think for one second that your expectations were too high either. That was just flat out unprofessional.

Rope drop or not, walking in the Kingdom the first time each trip is special. :goodvibes

I have no words for the CM experience you encountered. It makes me sad, it really does. I am so grateful that I haven't encountered anything like that, but I have no doubt it exists. I hate even the thought of CM's outwardly complaining like that in view of the public. There is just no place for that. I don't think for one second that your expectations were too high either. That was just flat out unprofessional.

Rope drop or not, walking in the Kingdom the first time each trip is special. :goodvibes

That's comforting to hear. That makes me think it was just a fluke and not a new trend or anything! I'll just have to keep checking in to WDW results in the upcoming years just to prove it was a fluke.:goodvibes

Joining! I was at Disney as a solo trip also for a conference arriving on the day you departed. Had such a wonderful time at MNSSHP that I'm taking my family back this Halloween so that the kids can experience it too!

We stayed at Poly once a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it! Awesome that you got CL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter