Poly Tower

I believe that date is for dvc members to book the tower with cash. They have not released the date the tower can be booked with points yet.

I believe that date is for dvc members to book the tower with cash. They have not released the date the tower can be booked with points yet.
Priority for CASH customers over DVC members at a DVC resort ? Sounds a little backwards. Plus why would I be a DVC member to have to pay CASH for a room ?

Last edited:
Priority for CASH customers over DVC members at a DVC resort ? Sounds a little backwards. Plus why would I be a DVC member to have to pay CASH for a room ?
DVC members get priority, but these initial early bookings would have to be with cash instead of points. Point bookings will open up later.

DVC members get priority, but these initial early bookings would have to be with cash instead of points. Point bookings will open up later.
I would be careful how I treated DVC members. There are a lot of us. Plus the LOCALS, and DVC MEMBERS basically saved WDW during covid.

Last edited:
You will not be able to book with points until the points are declared which is when they go on sale (not presale if they have this. In other words there just are not any points as the building is not part of DVC and still owned by the "developers". They also do not declare all the rooms or points at once so areas of the hotel that are not declared and finished will be bookable by cash only.
In short yes a way for the developers to make extra money but they really are not shorting DVC members, although they could wait as they have done in the past from what I recall...

Same thing happens at each new DVC. There are no points available there are currently no DVC owners at the Island Tower at Polynesian Villas and Bungalows. We don't even know if it will be part of the original PVB DVC but it sounds like it by the name announced last week.

Dave

I would be careful how I treated DVC members. There are a lot of us. Plus the LOCALS, and DVC MEMBERS basically saved WDW during covid.
It seems messed up on the surface but not once you take a closer look.

When new DVC rooms and/or resorts are created, they get declared for sale in chunks. After one chunk of declared units get sold, another gets declared. This process continues (often for years) until the resort/rooms are 100% sold (technically 98%).

The link below might help explain how it works. The result is DVD has alot of room inventory to sell for cash in the early stages. DVC members only have access to what has already been declared.

For example, if the new Poly Tower brings 4 million new points to sell under PVB and 20% is declared in the first round to sell, that gives DVC members access to 800,000 points worth of annual bookings. The other 3,200,000 points will not yet be declared or sold… and THAT is what is used for cash bookings. It’s a little more complicated than described but that is the gist of it.

https://www.dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts...-32-vacation-homes-to-riviera-s-dvc-inventory

“Here is a breakdown of the types of vacation homes that have been declared for Riviera:
  • 18 of 24 Tower Studios
  • 28 of 38 Dedicated Studios
  • 23 of 29 Dedicated One-Bedroom Villas
  • 106 of 148 Lockoff Two-Bedroom Villas
  • 71 of 90 Dedicated Two-Bedroom Villas
  • 10 of 12 Three-Bedroom grand villas
In terms of points, this latest declaration adds 622,402 DVC points to Riviera’s DVC inventory. It is the largest declaration made for the resort since the initial Master Declaration was filed on February 15, 2019. The last declaration was made almost a year ago on December 16, 2022.

The DVC inventory now contains about 5,081,401 points, or 75.4% of the Riviera’s 6,7 million total points. This means that on any given Use Day DVC members can book about 75.4% of the resort using DVC points. The undeclared inventory remains under the control of Disney Vacation Development, which can use it for cash reservations, as models to show to prospective buyers, or any other reason it chooses.

This is the eighth declaration for Riviera since sales began in March 2019. Here is a list of DVC declarations made for Riviera:
  • Initial Declaration 02/15/2019 - 69 vacation homes
  • 1st declaration 10/04/2019 - 29 vacation homes
  • 2nd declaration 03/16/2020 - 24 vacation homes
  • 3rd declaration 01/15/2021 - 24 vacation homes
  • 4th declaration 09/29/2021 - 21 vacation homes
  • 5th declaration 04/15/2022 - 13 vacation homes
  • 6th declaration 09/23/2022 - 19 vacation homes
  • 7th declaration 12/16/2022 - 25 vacation homes
  • 8th declaration 12/15/2023 - 32 vacation homes”

Same thing happens at each new DVC. There are no points available there are currently no DVC owners at the Island Tower at Polynesian Villas and Bungalows. We don't even know if it will be part of the original PVB DVC but it sounds like it by the name announced last week.

Dave
Not in this case, There are thousands that have Poly points. And the tower and the reg. Poly are suppose to be the same. Different situation than past NEW resorts. Tower and Reg. poly are the same resort per the powers that be. THIS was announced quite a while ago.

Last edited:
Not in this case, There are thousands that have Poly points. And the tower and the reg. Poly are suppose to be the same. Different situation than past NEW resorts. Tower and Reg. poly are the same resort per the powers that be. THIS was announced quite a while ago.
Yes, and I’m very interested to see how DVC manages points reservations at the start. They can let buyers of the new points have a sort of head start before preexisting owners can book, but I’m not sure how long they can delay letting all PVB owners book. If it’s part of the same condominium association, they have equal booking rights as the new owners! So I wonder how they’ll handle it - open all the villas at once? Make much larger declarations than they have in the past? Or do they have something else planned? Will the trust pay some role? I can hardly wait to find out.

But none of the tower is declared to association. DVC points owners can only book units that are declared to the condo association. So the points owners legally own 0% of the tower for booking right now.

If DVC gives new Poly buyers early access to point booking, maybe they’d have those bookings use undeclared inventory? Then no harm to existing Poly owners.

But none of the tower is declared to association. DVC points owners can only book units that are declared to the condo association. So the points owners legally own 0% of the tower for booking right now.
Yes, that’s true right now. But once they do declare some units is the issue. I like @Genie+ ‘s idea above but we won’t know until DVC says something.

If DVC gives new Poly buyers early access to point booking, maybe they’d have those bookings use undeclared inventory? Then no harm to existing Poly owners.
Legally they cannot do that. Cannot use points for an undeclared unit.

What did they do at Big Pine Key?
Pretty sure they declared all of BPK on day one and gave everyone who owned VGF early booking access.

We know they won't declare the entire tower day one because of the opening of cash bookings of developer-owned rooms.

Pretty sure they declared all of BPK on day one and gave everyone who owned VGF early booking access.

We know they won't declare the entire tower day one because of the opening of cash bookings of developer-owned rooms.

VGF/BPK is ~2m points and was declared in two pieces - 50% and then later another 50%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter