Poly Vs. AKV Vs. BLT from strictly a value POV

AKV enters the chat because of Value rooms but those can not be counted on. The Value rooms really make me think DVC should honestly do a "cheap" "entry level" offering possibly in a building(s) at POP or AOA with lower point charts and only Studios/Guaranteed Connected Studios.
Slight Zombie Thread effect, but I think you just predicted Cabins at Fort Wilderness there! 🤣

We prefer Jambo - seems roomier, which is hysterical when we always stay in the value villas. Personally think the value 1br at Jambo has the best kitchen.

We've stayed in a 1br value (Jambo, semi-pool view) and also a savanna view Kidani. The value definitely felt smaller than other 1br (notably in the bedroom), but the location was great. Since we don't own AKV as a home resort, this was totally a wild roll of the dice during Covid and I would have no expectations of getting it at 7 months again. That said, standard and savanna rooms still feel like a good points value compared to our home resorts, and if we are switching again at 7mo, it'll probably be for savanna views at BLT dues. :)

What does the community hall offer?

Each community hall has some different things but they all pretty much have:
It offers coloring, some other arts and crafts.
They also have a TV with a movie playing and it has some video game stations (xbox, switch playstation)

Board Walk has a pinball machine as well.
OKW and BWV had ceramics the kids could make for a fee. Sorry it has been awhile since I have been to AKL and don't remember exactly what they had there.

The nice thing if staying in a studio at Kidani the laundry is right across the hall so you could just relax in community hall while waiting between loads.

Slight Zombie Thread effect, but I think you just predicted Cabins at Fort Wilderness there! 🤣

Based on the point charts it seems close just no studio option for the Cabins.

It's basically a 1 bedroom, for more people 6, for the studio price. Pretty good "cheap" option.

One obstacle they didn't address IMO is the buy in price. They need those super cheap studios to get the buy in under control and target the middle class buyer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter