Poly Vs. AKV Vs. BLT from strictly a value POV

Just curious how many points for 1 night is the value 1br in the summer? Any other value rooms in Dvc?
There aren’t any other villas classified as “value” villas in DVC. However, BWV Standard view villas, especially studios, are also some of the cheapest in the DVC world - so they too tend to book up by owners before 7 months. OKW studios are also low-cost compared to other resorts.

SSR dues are less than AKV, and because the Value and Club Level rooms are so few, I’m not sure I’d even take them into consideration. Standard and Savannah availability is pretty darn good at 7mo.

Getting a poor view just to save a few points doesn’t seem worth it to me, nor does the CL premium.
This. Even with home booking priority I have a difficult time booking them as the value rooms are constantly walked. I own AKV to ensure I can at least get a full week at AKV Jambo House standard which isn’t always the case during December and also for the possibility of club/value rooms but I have more than enough points to ensure I’m not dependent on those value rooms ever. For me, that was worth the difference in dues between SSR and AKV. We’re more fans of the all in one building resorts.

SSR dues are less than AKV, and because the Value and Club Level rooms are so few, I’m not sure I’d even take them into consideration. Standard and Savannah availability is pretty darn good at 7mo.

Getting a poor view just to save a few points doesn’t seem worth it to me, nor does the CL premium.
Low odds of a poor view in a value room and you can always ask desk to move you, good chance of a pen savannah view or pool view.
Great sunrise with pool view, pool closes at 10 so nice to sit out in relative quiet
AAE7CFB2-D535-4894-B79B-10837A169D37.jpeg

For those of you who visit in December is it warm enough to swim comfortably and not be cold?

I suppose I had heard a value room like this existed, but wow, I really had no idea. What are the % like that vs. the view of a parking lot or an obstruction?
Most don’t have a poor view, the reason why they’re value is because they’re slightly smaller than standard studios but personally I can’t tell the difference.

You didn't bother to tell us when or what you are booking, which makes this question impossible.

But assuming you are off-peak in 1BR, like me, then it's hard to argue with AKL. The value 1BR is the best booking in DVC pound for pound, especially if you like AKL and have a car anyway.

Even if you only get this some, it's enough to flip the math.

Low odds of a poor view in a value room and you can always ask desk to move you, good chance of a pen savannah view or pool view.
Great sunrise with pool view, pool closes at 10 so nice to sit out in relative quiet
View attachment 792549
This was what made us go with AKV. For the roll of the dice to get two trips out of the same amount of points. Plus we like animals…

For those of you who visit in December is it warm enough to swim comfortably and not be cold?
Coldest I have been at Disney was our first DVC trip in early Dec 2009. If I remember right they had to cancel Christmas filming those days. Downpour and cold during the first 3 days of our trip.

Plenty of other trips that time it has been good weather.

Our coldest trip was November week before Thanksgiving. It was a fluke. And yes the firsr weeks of December are perfect!

I bought my first BWV contract at $31 per point in 2011 and the peak rental costs at the time were $10pp.
Wow! that is definitely a better value for renting out your points! Although we now have plenty of points, I tend to keep using them for our own trips, or to take family and friends on trips in larger accommodations. There is a nonmonetary value to that too, I suppose.
To your original question - if i had your current contracts the only reason I'd consider purchasing one if the monorail resorts over AKV would be if you foresee issues getting the room type you want at the 7 month window.

We have stayed at the contempo but never in BLT, so not even sure we would like it. But I really wanted to put PVB in my disboards signature
Ha! As @WelcomeHome and others have said, BLT standard rooms are hard to get if you don't own BLT. And the 1br and larger have an extra full bath *and* BLT is getting a refurb next year. So BLT has a lot going for it. We'd stayed in the garden wing before DVC and rented points at BLT before buying there (resale). At the time, it was the best value in the MK area - CCV and Poly 1 were just coming on for direct sales, and VGF 1 was still in some direct sales and its resale contracts were selling for 30-40% more than BLT resale. BRV was less, but you had boats and buses, and a 2042 end date.

BLT feels a little more peaceful than Contemporary, and we've never not had a fireworks/castle view from our standard villas. And the dues are quite low. Even though we now have many more VGF points, we still get excited about staying at BLT. We are really looking forward to the refurb.
What about Christmas?
We've experienced temps between the 40s to the 70s. The pools are heated, so my hard core children would sometimes go to the pool if the temps got in the 70s. We've also had days in the 40s and rain - that is not so fun.

Our favorite places to stay at Disney in Orlando are the DIsney Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the Grand Floridian. What are your favorites?

IMO, between Poly, AK, BLT the BLT would win. It's the easiest to travel to MK, it has multiple eatery options for all age groups, it's the easiest to transition thru large variation of resort themes in the shortest amount of time and it's the easiest to sell at a profit. The Poly would come in second for many of the same reasons, although I do think there are less eating options but the pools are better and the dues are comparable with BLT. AK is a loser in location to parks, transition to a different themed resort, dues and resale. Our AK points have become the ones we use everywhere else. Currently I'm not even sure we could sell them at a profitable point - which might be why we do sell that contract first, when we get to that point.

My preferences match yours! Which akv resort do you prefer?
We prefer Jambo - seems roomier, which is hysterical when we always stay in the value villas. Personally think the value 1br at Jambo has the best kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter