Polynesian Advice Needed

soccer mom

DIS Veteran
A few facts first: We are a family of five DH, DW, 3 teenagers.
This may be the only trip to the Polynesian because we have decided to try all of the resorts before we repeat one, and we have a long way to go! (only stayed at three)

We currently have a lagoon view room booked for 11/29-12/04.

Question: If I can get an AP rate on gv concierge room should I give up the lagoon view for concierge?

I would! But, I don't care much about my view. We were there in June & it was too hot to sit outside anyway. Depending on the building, I believe you can see the fireworks from your balcony on a lagoonview room, but there may only be FW 1 or 2 days during your trip. You will save some money at least at breakfast & on water & pop in concierge, especially with 3 teens. The desert in the evening are fabulous, and you can see the FW from the concierge lounge or from the beach instead of you room. We got coffee & deserts & went outside on the beach at night. It was nice to come back to our room mid-afternoon & have cookies & juice as a snack, too.
The Poly is sooo great, I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Polynesian - $229 lagoon view, $229 garden view concierge, $279 lagoon view concierge

http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html

These are the mousaver codes for the time frame in which you will be there. I would go for Lagoon View and Concierge.
From what I have read the view is spectacular. I don't know about you, but if I'm going to spend that kind of money I want a great view. I hear the concierge staff at the Poly is great!

We are going in April and we booked a Lagoon View w/out the discount. Hoping for discounts, however not counting on them. It's $505 a night, but it's all about the view for us!

Have a great trip.
Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter