Polynesian and monorail wait times

RoadsterGirlie

Earning My Ears
Greetings! I just switched my reservation from the Grand Floridian to the Poly for the last week of January 2025. It will be just myself and my husband.

We picked these dates due to the lower cost and potentially lower crowds. My question is this: In the morning and evenings, how long is the wait time to board the monorail? I know during peak season like Christmas and Spring Break, it can wrap around to the ends of the earth, but I’m hoping that won’t be the case when we go.

I know the new Poly tower will be open by then and I hope that doesn’t significantly impact us.

Separate question - if you don’t do the dining plan, are you able to pay for meals by charging them to your room via a magic band or some other means? I believe we did that the last time we were there in 2013 and found it convenient.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings! I just switched my reservation from the Grand Floridian to the Poly for the last week of January 2025. It will be just myself and my husband.

We picked these dates due to the lower cost and potentially lower crowds. My question is this: In the morning and evenings, how long is the wait time to board the monorail? I know during peak season like Christmas and Spring Break, it can wrap around to the ends of the earth, but I’m hoping that won’t be the case when we go.

I know the new Poly tower will be open by then and I hope that doesn’t significantly impact us.

Separate question - if you don’t do the dining plan, are you able to pay for meals by charging them to your room via a magic band or some other means? I believe we did that the last time we were there in 2013 and found it convenient.

Thanks in advance!
We stay on the monorail several times a year. I rarely have to wait for a 2nd monorail, usually you get on the next one arriving. When leaving MK the mono entrance on the right only goes to TTC. The entrance on the left stops MK/CR/TTC/Poly/GF . That line leaving doesn’t get that long. The boat launch is just before and on the left if you want to take that. It stops GF then Poly back to MK. We ride that often and it’s a quick ride.

If needed like if mono breaks down the walking path to GF is just to the right of the boat launch. You go through the gate and there is a sign.

Yep you can use MB to enter room, pay for merch and dining. Just make sure you have a credit card on file and you both have your PIN codes set up. They can verify this at the check in desk.

+ we were at Poly NYE week and no issues with mono as an example.

This is wonderful, thank you! I have been going back and forth between the GF and the Poly for months. While I absolutely ADORE the new Mary Poppins rooms at the GF, choosing between the two resorts really is 50/50 for me so I decided to take the one that is $600 less overall for the trip.

The Poly’s location also seems to be ever so slightly better, with better access to Epcot by boarding the TTC monorail directly.

The Poly’s location also seems to be ever so slightly better, with better access to Epcot by boarding the TTC monorail directly.
It's definitely a huge advantage, especially when trying to rope drop. TTC security isn't bad at that time of morning at all.

Having had several stays on the monorail loop in recent years I have found it to be very reliable getting on at the resorts. Like Trish said never have to wait too long for one even if we just miss one pulling out of the station. Going home isn't bad either, though if the resort launch is pulling up we will take that back instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter