Polynesian Aotearoa Monorail View Pictures

Great pictures! We stayed in Aotearoa a few years ago and loved the view of the monorail passing by.

robinb. loved your pictures, Where was your room located..thanks,,amy

Wonderful photos! We will be at the Poly in less than a week and now I am even more excited!

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I must say I have never stayed in the CR but we visit it every time we go. I can remember going through it when I was young and saying I wanted to stay there. Maybe someday I will try it but it would be hard to look out my window and see the Polynesian.

Did you get my email?

Aloha

Steve

Robin, these are so awesome. I walked the Polynesian grounds with my son last month and fell in love with the place. Now, I want to stay there. I loved your view of the monrail, how cool!!:D

We were at the Polynesian for 6 days from 12/23-12/29 in room 1209. It was a very short walk (about 2 minutes) to the GCH and Captain Cooks is right through the closest door. We stopped for mug refills many times a day and it was always "on the way" when we left or returned to the resort. One of us would make a morning coffee run while the other filled bowls of cereal :). The room was also very close to Luau Cove ... I know because I had to run back to our room for a sweater since the temperature was only in the 50's the night of our Luau. Brrr! The pool was also very close (maybe 5 minutes). The longest walk was to the laundry (very nice ... clean, bright, lots of machines, comfortable sitting area), to the TTC and to our car! It seemed that we had to park farther and father away as our trip progressed.

Here I am on my last night at the Polynesian:
LapuLapu.jpg

Thanks, robinb!

We've requested Aotearoa for our upcoming stay, and viewing your pictures is really getting me excited!

Glad you had a good time.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Great photos.. thanx for sharing!

It must be convenient staying on the ground floor... did you ever see anyone walking around just outside your glass door??

Robin - great photos - thanks for sharing them. I really would like to get to see the Poly in person some day.

The picture of you and your DD is so cute - she's really grown. Watcha drinkin in the pineapple? It looks yummy:p

>>^..^<<,

I really liked being on the first floor. No elevator to wait for and I also used the patio door a couple times when my DH was waitinf for me in the room. We did see some people walking on the sidewalk as well as CMs on carts. But, that didn't bother us any since noone came over to the patio. Sometimes it was even entertaining. One CM waved and almost ran off the sidewalk :eek:.

cinlee3,

She has grown! It's been more than a year since you saw her. She still loves her Princess pillow :). The drink in the pineapple is called a Lapu Lapu. It's a fruity rum drink that they serve in a real pineapple ... it packs quick a kick. The extra that doesn't fit is served on the side in the small glass to the right of the picture. The drink is about $10, but it was something I had been "dreaming" about for months :). We also cut up the pineapple back in the room and ate it. Yum.

Originally posted by Augustheather97
whats your adorable daughter drinking...my 5 year old would love something grown up looking???:) :p :earsgirl: :wave:

That's just a pineapple juice in a plastic cup with a fancy straw. My DD used the straw as a "magic wand" for about a day until it fell apart :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter