• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian construction

CocoDole

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We're staying at the Polynesian this May and I'm a little concerned about how disruptive the construction on the new DVC building will be. Anyone there recently? I'm not sure how far off it is from the main part of the hotel or if it's in the middle of all the action.

Thanks!

The construction is going on at the end of Poly resort closest to Grand Flo. DVC rooms are little if at all affected. Cash rooms are the ones potentially looking that direction. Risk depends on room category.

It’s not really bothering the resort itself outside of the Poly-GF walking path being closed or rooms where the view is disrupted.

We booked a resort view, so it seems like we might see the construction (which is fine, as long it's not super loud!)
In the end, it seems reasonable if the construction is at the edge of the resort and not right in the middle of everything.

I am excited to see the completed project though!

IMG_0768.jpegIMG_0769.jpeg

The construction is coming along nicely. I think that is supposed to open before 2024 ends.

I haven’t seen many complaints about the construction outside room views being disturbed, and walking path closed.

Have a great trip! Poly is so awesome and with the construction at the far end, shouldn’t be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter