Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

I feel like I ask this question once a year. What do I need for the coffee maker? Regular filters? Or are they special size? I never remember.

So are folks avoiding Poly/PVB in '23 due to Tower construction & potential noise/service disruptions?

Or "WHO CARES? I'm going anyway?"

We're so excited to have our first contract submitted for ROFR! We have been tossing around the idea of becoming DVC members for a while-- former Cast Member-- and we finally decided to go for it. I feel like we ended up with a pretty good deal so I'm pleased! We love the Polynesian and want it to be our home. I know there are lots of questions about the new tower at PVB but it doesn't really impact us too much, honestly.

We feel like the studios at the Poly meet our needs and we love them. Fingers crossed we'll be welcomed home soon!
We just had a contract submitted to ROFR last week and are so excited. We have had a small contract at Saratoga since 2008 but have only stayed there once and always go on a waitlist to stay at Poly Beach or Boardwalk with Poly being our absolute favorite so we decided what the heck lets just buy there and enjoy. Good luck with your contract - praying we both get through and will be booking those Poly points soon!

We just had a contract submitted to ROFR last week and are so excited. We have had a small contract at Saratoga since 2008 but have only stayed there once and always go on a waitlist to stay at Poly Beach or Boardwalk with Poly being our absolute favorite so we decided what the heck lets just buy there and enjoy. Good luck with your contract - praying we both get through and will be booking those Poly points soon!
I am expecting to hear any day!

I am expecting to hear any day!
🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞

I don’t see how sitting in a cabana at that Oasis pool on my pool days would be effected at all at that distance….
Hoping you're right as I consider options...I walked the Poly in May. Luau area was roped off then before its destruction. (NO PHOTOS PERMITTED signs were up).
It isn't far from Oasis considering the cranes, delivery trucks of materials & height of the tower.
Guessing the buildings in the area will be closed to new ressies at some point.

Maybe someone who stayed Contemporary as BLT was being built can weigh in?

So are folks avoiding Poly/PVB in '23 due to Tower construction & potential noise/service disruptions?

Or "WHO CARES? I'm going anyway?"

The PVB DVC buildings are on the complete other side of the resort next to the TTC. I'm not sure what there is to disrupt? The new building is probably closer to GFV than PVB.

If I was staying on the hotel side, I'd ask for Samoa (which I do anyway), Hawaii or Rarotonga.

Last edited:
Hoping you're right as I consider options...I walked the Poly in May. Luau area was roped off then before its destruction. (NO PHOTOS PERMITTED signs were up).
It isn't far from Oasis considering the cranes, delivery trucks of materials & height of the tower.
Guessing the buildings in the area will be closed to new ressies at some point.

Maybe someone who stayed Contemporary as BLT was being built can weigh in?
Im 100% positive it’s pretty much a non-issue. The DVC buildings are separated by this construction activity by 2 long houses plus the dock/inlet and main pool in between. The Hotel side is another story. I’m personally more concerned about the lack of macadamia nut pancakes and spam because Kona will be closed!

Hey there! We will be staying at our Poly DVC in October and will be the first time with a water/bungalow view. Any suggestions on any particular room requests?? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter