• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian renovation plans for 2020?

Bookgirlinchicago

Earning My Ears
We fell in love with the Poly last Feb so we’re planning on going back Nov 2020. Does anyone know if it’s due for a reno? I don’t think it needs it but I’m hoping to avoid a closed pool or ugly construction if possible.

Also, are the resorts typically decorated for Christmas the first week of Nov or is that a transition week between Halloween and Christmas?

We fell in love with the Poly last Feb so we’re planning on going back Nov 2020. Does anyone know if it’s due for a reno? I don’t think it needs it but I’m hoping to avoid a closed pool or ugly construction if possible.

Also, are the resorts typically decorated for Christmas the first week of Nov or is that a transition week between Halloween and Christmas?
I don't think I'd plan on holiday decorations at the resorts until at least the middle of November.

Resort decor goes up roughly between about the 10th of November and Thanksgiving. Not first week of November.

No refurbishment of Poly has been announced.

I wouldn’t be worried about exterior or pool renovations. They just did that a few years ago. I think the ‘hotel -nonDVC side’ is starting some interior room renovations which are desperately needed.

There have been test rooms in Rarotonga, as well as some recent reports (on the Poly thread) of additional construction in that building. Resort side room renovations appear to be somewhere on the horizon, but TBD of course. Disney is often very sparse with renovation details when it comes to the resorts.

Agree any construction won’t be around the pool/grounds - a lot of that happened a few years ago (which was quite substantial).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter