Pooh Sized - Rides?

robind

DIS Veteran
With all the talk about Universal's new ride being very limited in size, it got me wondering, how are the ride vehicle sizes in Tokyo?

Virtually all attractions and restraint systems are identical to what is found at WDW and/or Disneyland (California). Their looping roller coaster (Raging Spirits) had a typical over-the-shoulder restraint system, which, depending on the thickness of your torso, may be problematic on any coasters with similar restraints (such as Rockin Roller Coaster or California Screaming). Raging Spirits is the only thrill ride in either Tokyo Disney Sea or Tokyo Disneyland with a maximum height restriction (195 cm or 6'5").

Raging Spirits, Tokyo Disney Sea
PhotoHandler.ashx

And don't believe the stereotypes about Japanese being small people. I'm 5'9" and 220 lbs., and there were many Japanese who were much taller and/or heavier than me. I'm talking about the regular guys on the street, not sumo wrestlers on TV.

Thanks for the info, it's something that always worries me when I go somewhere new. I won't go on the griffon at Busch Gardens because I don't want to see if the restraint will fit.

No need to worry at all. As a pp mentioned, the ride seats are nearly, if not, identical to the ones in America.

Most of the transportation type rides do not have dividers between the seats so they are just long benches.

Where you may run into some issues are at the restaurants and counter service places. In some, the seats are VERY close together. At one restaurant (can't remember if it was Plaza Inn?) it's impossible to push your chair back to get out of your seat and not hit the person in back of you. In Asia, people are much less aware of "personal space" and this is reflected in restaurant seating layouts. That being said, some restaurants, like Sherwood in the Disneyland Hotel, are VERY spacious. You can't hear the conversation going on at the next table even if you wanted to!

If for some reason you don't fit, the Japanese usually provide seat belt extenders at their amusement parks.... discreetly.

In Asia, people are much less aware of "personal space" and this is reflected in restaurant seating layouts. QUOTE]

Arrived yesterday and have noticed this, especially in getting on the Haunted Mansion ride. We left the stretching room into an open area and no one seemed to have a problem been squashed in on top of each other. It freeked me out a bit, especially since it was so hot I didn't want anything touching me.

When we went, I was 6'2" and weighed around 350. Had no issues with any of the rides.

TL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter