Pool Refurb

Luckylady0610

Earning My Ears
We are DVC members and we've never been to Aulani - or even Hawaii. I was planning on going the week of Thanksgiving (was thinking the 16-24th) - mainly because my kids are out of school that whole week, and my husband's birthday is the day after Thanksgiving and we have a butt-load of points that we need to use up! We would be going with my in-laws. Wondering if the pool refurb will be a big deal? It looks like half the pools will be open. I am not familiar with all the pools or amenities. How worried should I be with construction noise? Anything else I should be thinking about? Also - what day trips are best to do with a 9 and 13 year old?

Thanks in advance!

We are DVC members and we've never been to Aulani - or even Hawaii. I was planning on going the week of Thanksgiving (was thinking the 16-24th) - mainly because my kids are out of school that whole week, and my husband's birthday is the day after Thanksgiving and we have a butt-load of points that we need to use up! We would be going with my in-laws. Wondering if the pool refurb will be a big deal? It looks like half the pools will be open. I am not familiar with all the pools or amenities. How worried should I be with construction noise? Anything else I should be thinking about? Also - what day trips are best to do with a 9 and 13 year old?

Thanks in advance!
I don't think the pool refurb should affect your trip. You will still have the lagoon to swim at. It is nice a calm and no waves. During your trip, the water slide, lazy river, and the whirlpool spa will be open. Rainbow reef will be closed, however you could do a day trip to Hanauma Bay to snorkel with the fishes!

I don't think the pool refurb should affect your trip. You will still have the lagoon to swim at. It is nice a calm and no waves. During your trip, the water slide, lazy river, and the whirlpool spa will be open. Rainbow reef will be closed, however you could do a day trip to Hanauma Bay to snorkel with the fishes!

How do you know when the lazy. River will be open? We’re planning a trip for October 8? Will it be open then?

How worried should I be with construction noise? Anything else I should be thinking about? Also - what day trips are best to do with a 9 and 13 year old?

I think others answered the pool schedule question, but to answer your other questions -- I don't think construction noise would be an issue at all. The sliding doors on the balcony are magically thick -- when we shut ours, all of the pool/kid/band noise disappears. The only thing we ever heard from outside with the doors shut was one night when someone (I don't think it was Aulani) shot fireworks off around 8:30pm.

We did the dolphin/snorkel catamaran excursion (which we booked directly with Hawaii Nautical rather than through Aulani) and while we didn't have our kids with us (woohoo...real vacation!), there were plenty of 9-13 year olds on the trip and they all seemed to love it. It's a little pricy, but if you want to get out on the ocean and see the island/wildlife from a boat, along with some entry level snorkeling, it's a great option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter