Pop Century Post Refurbishments - Tub or Shower, Queens or King?

Honestly if it's just two of you the new rooms are great bc the one queen stays up unless you want it down - me and the DH had a king at asmu our first trip and the new pop rooms are awesome still
We've stayed in the new rooms and they were great! Dh and I fit in the queen bed just fine, but we would always take a king over a queen. I won't hold my breath, though. The only request we have for October is early check-in because we want that more than anything else.

We've stayed in the new rooms and they were great! Dh and I fit in the queen bed just fine, but we would always take a king over a queen. I won't hold my breath, though. The only request we have for October is early check-in because we want that more than anything else.
Yea a king is def an advantage but most nights me and the DH are so tired we could be in a full for all we know bc we are out! In December our room was ready by 11am this last trip I got the text around 1pm but we were still in nj as our flight was 7pm

Yea a king is def an advantage but most nights me and the DH are so tired we could be in a full for all we know bc we are out! In December our room was ready by 11am this last trip I got the text around 1pm but we were still in nj as our flight was 7pm
I really hope that happens for us! Our flight leaves at 5:30 am so we will want a nap before we go to the Halloween party.

I really hope that happens for us! Our flight leaves at 5:30 am so we will want a nap before we go to the Halloween party.
We added a September bb for three nights - trying to decide if we add nights before or after; one scenario has us flying in Sunday and doing the Halloween party - but I always like to start my trip at Epcot on sse so a nap then that then monorail will be my goal lol -

Although from what I've read isn't asking for a specific room # advised against since it's too specific?
I guess this practice would be more to figure out what the feasibility is of getting something like a King/bath combo or something?
I didn't realize that some rooms came only with shower.
Figuring we'll be requesting (since we're a Pool Standard booking):
New reno w/ bathtub
89s-90s (since 50s pool is closed)
top floor

Although from what I've read isn't asking for a specific room # advised against since it's too specific?
I guess this practice would be more to figure out what the feasibility is of getting something like a King/bath combo or something?
I didn't realize that some rooms came only with shower.
Figuring we'll be requesting (since we're a Pool Standard booking):
New reno w/ bathtub
89s-90s (since 50s pool is closed)
top floor
Each person is different but personally I always use TP to request a specific room. Until my most recent trip the room I was assigned was always either the room I requested or only a few rooms away.

The reason for creating this thread was for 2 fold:
1. Some people have a specific need/desire for a room with a tub and this assists them in better requesting rooms that meet their needs as post refurbishment there are more rooms with only a shower than there were previously tub/shower rooms
2. It's yet to be determined where the king rooms are post refurbishment and if there are more/less of them.

Basically we're just trying to put some new post-refurbishment information together.

1. Some people have a specific need/desire for a room with a tub and this assists them in better requesting rooms that meet their needs as post refurbishment there are more rooms with only a shower than there were previously tub/shower rooms
2. It's yet to be determined where the king rooms are post refurbishment and if there are more/less of them.

Basically we're just trying to put some new post-refurbishment information together.

Thank you for the heads up! We have a reservation book for November @ Pop and I didnt realize some of the new rooms have a shower. That would not be do able with my 2 yo. I will have to call back and ask that we have a room with a tub. Thanks!

Each person is different but personally I always use TP to request a specific room. Until my most recent trip the room I was assigned was always either the room I requested or only a few rooms away.

Cool. Well I guess it can't hurt to call 7 days out and ask for a specific room # then. Worst they can say is "can't guarantee" at which point I ask for the same amenities that room has. A tub isn't a game changer for us or anything but it can be real nice to have a soak after a day at the park. Nice way to unwind.
The thread is super handy if not even just to know there's a decent variance in rooms. Definitely doesn't hurt to try and get an optimal room if you're staying more than a couple nights.
Thanks for starting the thread OP!

Last week in 6227: 2 queens (one table bed and 1 regular bed). Big shower with glass bi-pass doors (no tub), connecting door. Rain head and handheld shower heads. No grab bars (but perhaps it was hearing accessible - I didn't inquire). Loved the shower. I.e., it seems on an old map that this was an accessible room - it wasn't a roll in, didn't have grab bars anywhere, but perhaps it had sound or sight features I didn't see.

Last week in 6227: 2 queens (one table bed and 1 regular bed). Big shower with glass bi-pass doors (no tub), connecting door. Rain head and handheld shower heads. No grab bars (but perhaps it was hearing accessible - I didn't inquire). Loved the shower. I.e., it seems on an old map that this was an accessible room - it wasn't a roll in, didn't have grab bars anywhere, but perhaps it had sound or sight features I didn't see.
Thanks! This is the new standard layout for a room with 2 Queen beds and a shower. Seems more rooms have only a shower than in the past so we're trying to compile information. Thanks so much for your input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter