Pop Century Refurb, Gondolas, No longer "Value" ?

DisFanDad

DIS Veteran
Hey all, so looking at the disboards on facebook someone posted the following images of, purportedly, the pop century refurbed rooms. All I can say is that this isn't looking like the "Value" resort I used to know. In the context of the Gondola construction and all, I just can't see Pop continuing to exist in the value category anymore.

mTi5DF

https://ibb.co/mTi5DF

iVdu7a

https://ibb.co/iVdu7a

Thoughts ?

I hope it's remaining a value, but who knows with Disney.

They already look better, Pop's had the most boring rooms in Disney World. The mickey's on the wall look like a nice touch. Hopefully they will theme the rooms to the decades they reside in.

Either way the Gondolas will make this place a hot destination.

And sorry I couldn't get the pictures to post, have to take the links, at least they aren't coming through for me ... :(

And sorry I couldn't get the pictures to post, have to take the links, at least they aren't coming through for me ... :(

It's all good in the hood.

I like what Disney has done with the new Pop and Coronado rooms. They are making narrower television areas and adding in empty spaces under the beds for foot space.

I just noticed something, it looks like there's a pull down bed/table in the first pic. Those are usually an option in just the family suites. Looks like they are going to raise the prices. They'll probably still call it a value, but it won't be.

Last edited:
Pop was such a bummer when we stayed there last December. I couldn't understand why anyone would actually want to stay there. Those rooms will make a big difference!

Fiancee and I like to stay at Pop Century because it's (relatively) cheaper than other resorts and it's closer to the parks we care about more (Magic Kingdom and EPCOT) than the All Stars. Plus we are park open to park close people, so as long as the room has a bed, toilet, and shower, we're good to go. That's just us, of course.

It will stay a value because of the the floor space and bathroom set up. I don't see queen beds fitting in Pop and I thought Mods have all gone to Queens except the few fulls left in the Pirate rooms. I think Disney might finally offer something worth the different price points no matter what the name is.

I'm not really a fan of the plain white walls, but the floors are nice and storage under the beds is a plus.

Pop is our favorite value resort, but we don't spend much time in the room. The last time I stayed at an All Star it was getting sort of run down, which I've never noticed at Pop.

I bet they do raise the prices. Make a moderate lite category. They've pushed some of the mods to deluxe level pricing, might as well push the values up where they can.

It will stay a value because of the the floor space and bathroom set up. I don't see queen beds fitting in Pop and I thought Mods have all gone to Queens except the few fulls left in the Pirate rooms. I think Disney might finally offer something worth the different price points no matter what the name is.

The refurbished rooms have one queen and one full murphy bed, or so we've been told. None in circulation yet, but photos seem to confirm it.

I've heard Disney is moving to location based pricing instead of value/mod/deluxe categories. But that's just another rumor, so who knows.

The refurbished rooms have one queen and one full murphy bed, or so we've been told. None in circulation yet, but photos seem to confirm it.

I've heard Disney is moving to location based pricing instead of value/mod/deluxe categories. But that's just another rumor, so who knows.

That would make sense. It could end up being "value" is just the All Stars, regular Pop/Art of Animation, Moderate Port Orleans (Riverside and French Quarter), Business Moderate being CBR and CSR, then Deluxe and Deluxe Villa

From other pics I've seen a coffee maker is included. This is noteworthy since other value resorts do not have them (except for AoA suites). I also like the knobs to hand coats on located near the connecting door to the other room.

Hey all, so looking at the disboards on facebook someone posted the following images of, purportedly, the pop century refurbed rooms. All I can say is that this isn't looking like the "Value" resort I used to know. In the context of the Gondola construction and all, I just can't see Pop continuing to exist in the value category anymore.

mTi5DF

https://ibb.co/mTi5DF

iVdu7a

https://ibb.co/iVdu7a

Thoughts ?

Yes, those pics are legit. They match what have been seen on other threads. Let me direct you to a 40-page thread already established for this topic. See you over there! https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/

Yup, quite late to the party. It's all been discussed for quite some time, including photos. Plenty of info to answer the questions on noted thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter