Pop Century Room Renovations

On the way to the airport and I just got the email that our room is ready, we didn't get a refurbished one even though we requested it at online check on and with a fax through Touring Plans :sad1: any chance they'll change our room if we ask nicely when we get there? I got my husband all pumped up for it and he's disappointed now :rolleyes:

I have asked nicely and had my room changed at two different resorts over the years. My guess is that if they have a room available, they will do their best to move you. Fingers crossed!

On the way to the airport and I just got the email that our room is ready, we didn't get a refurbished one even though we requested it at online check on and with a fax through Touring Plans :sad1: any chance they'll change our room if we ask nicely when we get there? I got my husband all pumped up for it and he's disappointed now :rolleyes:
It doesn't hurt to ask. I've gone back to desk after seeing my assigned room (Canadians don't get room ready texts) and have asked if there was a room available that fits my requests and have been successful in getting another room. Since you already know room location you can go directly to desk. Good luck.

Same here. We wont be at the resort till around 9:30 so if you try before then please report back on your experience.

just to confirm: 90s buildings are all done? I requested 90s and ground floor for my check in in 9 daysss

Same here. We wont be at the resort till around 9:30 so if you try before then please report back on your experience.

My fingers are crossed for you both. This is what I am worried about. I changed my reservation from preferred to standard for a shot at getting a refurbished room. If I don't get one I would rather go back to preferred but it is gonna cost a whole lot more to try and get a preferred room back than they refunded me (they refunded me less than 16 bucks for 6 nights it would cost more than that per night for six night to get it back ugh)

Update: no refurbished rooms are available so we kept the one we got. It was worth a shot to ask though and the cast member who helped us was very nice.
Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry you didn't get a refurbished room. :worried: If you're staying more than one night and don't mind switching rooms, you could ask again tomorrow or inquire if they could let you know if a preferred room opens up during your stay.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry you didn't get a refurbished room. :worried: If you're staying more than one night and don't mind switching rooms, you could ask again tomorrow or inquire if they could let you know if a preferred room opens up during your stay.

Good advice, thanks!

Update: no refurbished rooms are available so we kept the one we got. It was worth a shot to ask though and the cast member who helped us was very nice.
ColoradoMom had a good idea. They would know tonight if a room wil be available tomorrow. I'd go to speak with someone tonight so they can block that room for you, and you could be ready to move, and take your luggage to Bell Service to hold. Actually they should have told you when you inquired. When we stayed at The Poly, at check in I wasn't given a balcony room so I asked if any were available. I was told if I didn't mind moving I could have one the next day.

I'm so sorry you didn't get a refurbished room! We arrive in two weeks, and I know how disappointed I would be. Did they indicate it was due to a late check in time? I hope you are offered one tomorrow!

ColoradoMom had a good idea. They would know tonight if a room wil be available tomorrow. I'd go to speak with someone tonight so they can block that room for you, and you could be ready to move, and take your luggage to Bell Service to hold. Actually they should have told you when you inquired. When we stayed at The Poly, at check in I wasn't given a balcony room so I asked if any were available. I was told if I didn't mind moving I could have one the next day.

I'm so sorry you didn't get a refurbished room! We arrive in two weeks, and I know how disappointed I would be. Did they indicate it was due to a late check in time? I hope you are offered one tomorrow!

I was told was that they had been checking for people throughout the afternoon and evening and that there hadn't been anything available all day and that they were very fully booked...I will check back tomorrow morning to see if anything has changed but at this point I'm just happy to be here and I'm not too worried. Thanks for the advice, everyone!

So we checked out of Pop on Thursday (in building 9 for 9 days during Irma)... some CM's came to our door to check for water damage (there was some according to them, but I didn't notice). Housekeeping was really behind on cleaning rooms (mass exodus of checkouts on Tuesday), and maintenance was changing out the air filters in all the rooms in that section. No new occupants checked in either Tuesday-Thursday around us that I noticed (most of the rooms were empty and not cleaned). That could be the "lack of availability" people are experienced. Pop was a ghost town after Tuesday, and they were definitely not at capacity. I am assuming they are fixing damage related to Irma.

Also, just an FYI to anyone that needs toddler rails in the renovated rooms... they can only install the rail on the regular bed and not the Murphy.

Update: when we arrived we too were told all renovated rooms were full. They said we could check again tomorrow. We called at 6:30 AM today and they sais they can transfer our stuff to a renovated room at 9 Am as long as it is all packed. Woot!

They said that 75% of their current guests are here due to Irma so it is just super hard to predict when guests will check out, hence why they couldnt tell us last night that a room would be available this morning.

I am so happy they worked diligently to accomodate us and despite being at a value resort they treated our request seriously and made me feel like I mattered as a guest. Super appreciative of the Disney customer service. Also, so bummed that so many people are still displaced by Irma. :'(

Update: when we arrived we too were told all renovated rooms were full. They said we could check again tomorrow. We called at 6:30 AM today and they sais they can transfer our stuff to a renovated room at 9 Am as long as it is all packed. Woot!

They said that 75% of their current guests are here due to Irma so it is just super hard to predict when guests will check out, hence why they couldnt tell us last night that a room would be available this morning.

I am so happy they worked diligently to accomodate us and despite being at a value resort they treated our request seriously and made me feel like I mattered as a guest. Super appreciative of the Disney customer service. Also, so bummed that so many people are still displaced by Irma. :'(
That's wonderful! So happy for you! Enjoy that new room!

I apologize since this has been asked before.

When trying to do my online check in, it won't let me select a room preference. It's my understanding that I need to go to the bottom of the page and check that I agree to the terms and click on Save.

My question is that once I have done this, will it let me go back into online check in and make room selections?

I've requested a refurbished room through my travel agent and through Touring Plans. Fingers crossed.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter