Pop Century Room Renovations

<sigh> I just want someone to get inside a room so we can see pictures of the bathroom area. Hopefully those pictures will pop up in the next day or two.
Sorry I feel the same but I am just glad there is some light at the end of the reno tunnel. I just found out a friend of family is checking into Pop today, hoping they will do some digging.

I have noticed a lot of folks saying they use air mattresses at the value resorts. We have not used air mattresses, but had used a kids cot. Our first stay was at ASMo and we placed the cot between the two beds. Second stay was at POP and placed the cot between the bathroom wall and bed. When folded up, we were able to fit it in a suitcase for air travel. Our daughter has outgrown the kids cot, so we purchased an outad cot in a medium size. When taken apart if is smaller than the folded up kids cot and it is quite a bit lighter. It's the same width as the kids cot was, just longer. I think it would take up less floor space than an air mattress, plus don't have to worry about leaks. Only bad thing is it looks like it has over doubled in price since I bought it a couple months ago.

My sister is loaning us an army cot that has the following specs:
  • Holds Up To 300 LB & A Person Up To 6' 2" Tall
  • Assembled Dimensions 75" x 35" x 17".

I have to admit that I prefer other resorts to the value resorts. I find the beds more comfortable at the other levels but seeing that Pop is getting renovated makes me excited for my trip for the 4th of July/my bday. I'm staying at Pop just because of the price but I was not looking forward it until I saw this! Thanks!!

Our kids are doing their annual grandparents visit so i've decided to sneak off to Orlando with my husband last minute for his work conference and we are staying at POP! Since its just the two of us the new rooms would be perfect! I know its a long shot, but IF i were to put in a request for 90's my question is if the work is currently happening in every room of the 90's or are there still untouched rooms in that section? I'd hate to request it (since id prefer to be closer to the lobby) if i didn't get a new room!
ETA: we check in on Saturday June 10th.

Last edited:
Our kids are doing their annual grandparents visit so i've decided to sneak off to Orlando with my husband last minute for his work conference and we are staying at POP! Since its just the two of us the new rooms would be perfect! I know its a long shot, but IF i were to put in a request for 90's my question is if the work is currently happening in every room of the 90's or are there still untouched rooms in that section? I'd hate to request it (since id prefer to be closer to the lobby) if i didn't get a new room!

I've heard rumors of a person staying in a renovated room but don't have actual confirmation that they are back in circulation at this time. (I'd be more likely to believe it if pics were being posted and more than one person was reporting this.) When it happens I believe they'll put an entire building back into circulation rather than just some rooms. Since the renovations started in the 90's, if you get a room there I believe it will be a renovated room.

I hope you get a renovated room! And post pics here.

I'm holding out hope that the bedding brings in a much needed 'pop' Of colour!!

If they continue the current trend, bedding will be all white. The rooms used to have a colorful runner and pillows but they have been removed due to guests taking them home as souvenirs.

If they continue the current trend, bedding will be all white. The rooms used to have a colorful runner and pillows but they have been removed due to guests taking them home as souvenirs.

giphy.gif

WHO doesn't understand ............. that is stealing?

I love that runner that was in the sample rooms. I bet those would have walked away pretty quick, but I wish they would just sell them in the gift shop.

Without the runners and pillows, the rooms are going to look so sterile! While VERY nice, this refurb looks like it fell out of the Copper Creek Villas and swapped an intricate wooden headboard with images of Mickey. Sad that guests have to ruin it for other guests.

I love that runner that was in the sample rooms. I bet those would have walked away pretty quick, but I wish they would just sell them in the gift shop.

The problem is, Disney would price them so high that no one would buy them and would continue to steal them....like those red decorative pillows on the cruises. You could buy them for ~$200.00. I think most people's price point for the pillow would have been closer to $20-30. I'm guessing if they sold the resort bed runners in the gift shops, they'd have a price of over $150.

At least if you get a connecting room at Pop you'll have that bright orange door to break up all of the white walls. :) That and all the scrapes and dirt from previous guests. :D

I was skeptical at first but seeing that comfy looking bed and larger vanity it's growing on me. I really do miss the runners and pillows at the resorts though :sad2: That plain white bed is so boring.

How very, very sad.

While the runners looked nice, we just never knew what to do with them. They ended up in the floor getting stepped on. Or being used as doll blankets. They aren't very practical (except for use as doll blankets). I am okay with the runners being gone. One less thing for me to have to put out of the way. And one less thing for the guests to steal. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter