POP vs POFQ

We did POP a couple of times for marathon weekend, then switched to POFQ. The best $$$ we ever spent.

Then we upgraded to POFQ garden view. This was the 2nd best $ we ever spent.

Thats great to hear! If you don't mind me asking, why do you say it's the best $$$ you've ever spent? We have a garden view room booked at POFQ. Would love to learn more

I vote for Pop. The refurbished rooms are excellent!

Stayed in building 7, 80s theme. Very quiet and peaceful, as is the computer pool outside. I disagree that anything is a far walk from this section, unless one has mobility issues. I always just cut through the parking lot by 90s to get to the buses (and gift shop/dining), which is like a 3-4 minute walk at a leisurely pace.

Though, if you are going over Christmas, perhaps POFQ would suit you just for being smaller = less people. I would think both resorts will be packed, but by the numbers POFQ shouldn't be quite so crowded.

How was the distance of the Refurbished rooms from the main building? How was the construction? Could you hear it from your room?

Well none of the preferred rooms have finished the refurb yet, so right now only standard rooms are available if you want a refurb room. I was in building 9, which was very close to the bus stop (especially if you cut across the parking lot), but a bit further from the food court/front desk. Pop is a huge resort, so the standard rooms can be a decent distance away from the main building.

Visible construction ongoing in building 10 - walked past it most nights and they kept the lights on inside the room so I could see how some rooms were still in the old style, some rooms were half torn apart, and some rooms were almost done. No noise at all from the construction in my room, at least not that I was aware of! Basically it didn't bother me at all.

Well none of the preferred rooms have finished the refurb yet, so right now only standard rooms are available if you want a refurb room. I was in building 9, which was very close to the bus stop (especially if you cut across the parking lot), but a bit further from the food court/front desk. Pop is a huge resort, so the standard rooms can be a decent distance away from the main building.

Visible construction ongoing in building 10 - walked past it most nights and they kept the lights on inside the room so I could see how some rooms were still in the old style, some rooms were half torn apart, and some rooms were almost done. No noise at all from the construction in my room, at least not that I was aware of! Basically it didn't bother me at all.

Thank you for sharing!!

Thats great to hear! If you don't mind me asking, why do you say it's the best $$$ you've ever spent? We have a garden view room booked at POFQ. Would love to learn more

Sorry for the delayed response. Offline due to Irma.

I hardly remember the rooms. I believe the moderate/POFQ was slightly bigger, maybe an extra sink, not exactly sure. The big difference for us was the 'feel' of the resort. I would never walk around POP just for the experience, only to get somewhere. On the other hand, a leisurely stroll around POFQ (maybe to POR) is a treat in itself. Overall POFQ was smaller and quieter. The other nice thing is the boat to DS.

As far as the Garden view, we got it a a free upgrade the first time and didn't realize it. Next stay, we got the plain old parking lot view. Next time we upgraded to Garden View.

I guess to sum it up: POP is just a plain old hotel (with some cool stuff!). POFQ is like a trip to New Orleans and Disney rolled into one.

By no means am I dissing POP. I had no problems there, and would do it again under certain circumstances.

How was your stay in the refurbished room? How was the construction during your stay?

Mousekeeping was virtually non-existent. Nothing really cleaned, beds barely made, nothing wiped or dusted. The room was fine but we won't go back. POFQ is much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter