• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Popcorn buckets

scrump

<font color=royalblue>so the decision has been mad
Our trip to TDR isn't until next summer, but I have always wanted to get a popcorn bucket. I thought I saw them on the TDR official website once, but can't seem to locate it any longer, and not sure how reliably it is updated?

Anyone have a good resource for popcorn buckets at TDL and TDS? :)

Disney Dream store from Japan has a Facebook page - they post current new merchandise
We're there at the moment- each popcorn stand seems to have its own bucket- cost about $16 and refills are $5.20
You can buy a smaller box of popcorn for $3.10
Careful though - lots of fibre!!!!

We saw lots of cool popcorn buckets but a lot of people bring their old buckets back for refills (I think a refill was around 500 yen). The current buckets we saw were Mr. Potato Head, Mickey body, Minnie Bow, and the standard buckets you find in the US.

Some of the lines to buy popcorn were crazy too, especially the curry popcorn line.

Thanks very much for the replies! Starting to get ready (at least mentally) for the trip next year, and have been wanting a popcorn bucket forever!

At Disney Sea they had the three eyed green alien from toy story and a bunch of Duffy buckets. After all these years on the DIS I have yet figured out how to post pictures. Anyway, I will be going to Disney for Thanksgiving, I will take a peek then and report back.

Just back from Disney and wanted to let you know that all I saw was the Mr. Potato Head and the Christmas version on the 3 eyed alien.

You can also buy some of the buckets at Bon Voyage but without the popcorn, but shorter lines.

Assuming they don't change their website and keep it up to date you can find popcorn buckets and types of popcorn ( in Japanese so you can use Google Translate) on the Tokyo Disney Resort website.

Disneyland
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/magic/tdl/menu/detail.html?id=675080651700

DisneySea
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/magic/tds/menu/detail.html?id=672453857544

You don't have to buy the popcorn buckets at the individual stalls now. For example #3 stall near Disneyland's Adventureland is the Mr. Potato Head bucket with shoyu butter popcorn (though it's a personal favorite of mine). You can buy the buckets at the World Confectionery Store in the World Bazaar and it comes with a voucher for one free fill up on popcorn. Same goes for TDS but it's in Valentina's Sweets. You're paying the same price as the stall but it's something recent TDR has done I really appreciate as I don't like certain flavors but I want the buckets.

Do the bucket designs change seasonally, or randomly? I'm curious to know what kind they'll have when I'm in Tokyo next May? :goodvibes

Japan loves the four seasons and TDR is no exception but some popcorn buckets stay throughout the year like the Minnie & Daisy bow and the Duffy basket.

Assuming they don't change their website and keep it up to date you can find popcorn buckets and types of popcorn ( in Japanese so you can use Google Translate) on the Tokyo Disney Resort website.

Disneyland
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/magic/tdl/menu/detail.html?id=675080651700

DisneySea
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/magic/tds/menu/detail.html?id=672453857544

You don't have to buy the popcorn buckets at the individual stalls now. For example #3 stall near Disneyland's Adventureland is the Mr. Potato Head bucket with shoyu butter popcorn (though it's a personal favorite of mine). You can buy the buckets at the World Confectionery Store in the World Bazaar and it comes with a voucher for one free fill up on popcorn. Same goes for TDS but it's in Valentina's Sweets. You're paying the same price as the stall but it's something recent TDR has done I really appreciate as I don't like certain flavors but I want the buckets.

Thanks for this info and the websites!! I'm really underwhelmed with the current bucket selections, so I hope they change. Really helpful to know that I don't have to travel to the individual stalls - I hope that remains the case in July!

I'm at TDL today and there were no buckets at the world confectionery shop. You have to stand in line at the popcorn cart and the bucket comes with the popcorn ticket that you can trade in for that stand or take to another flavor stand. There is only one popcorn cart selling the collapsible Frozen bucket and the line is at least an hour long. I'm standing in the line as I write this post! :)

Trip is in less than a month and I'm reviving this thread for any info on the current popcorn buckets. I check the links, but am not enamoured of the current selection so am hoping they will change by the time we get there (I think some of them are Easter themed). I regret not getting the Monsters Inc helmet bucket when I had the chance!

I am heading to TDR in 2 weeks and can keep you posted on the buckets I see. The 'season' changes over while we are there from Easter to the Tanabata Nights but will be switching to Disney Summer around the start of July. Sometimes that makes a difference (I know they had special buckets for Disney Easter). Will be glad to post when I get back if it helps!!!

Also, don't forget that you can get a voucher for popcorn if the cart that has your bucket of choice does not have the flavor you like. We got a voucher in April that is good for our next trip so I am thrilled! I had a little language issue but pointed to bucket and then said 'no popcorn' in Japanese and they pulled out the voucher to which I eagerly said 'hai!' and it all worked well!

CGiV4WnVAAAiLyb.jpg

I saw on Twitter that this is a new one in Tokyo Disneyland

Hoping I can get one in August ^_^

estoleno, thanks for posting! I think we might have a winner. My son can't decide between a duffy bucket and now this new Stitch one!

estoleno, thanks for posting! I think we might have a winner. My son can't decide between a duffy bucket and now this new Stitch one!

i'm in the same boat, I think I might need to get both, just need to find a reason to justify it! haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter