POR Bus Rides

Forgot to mention earlier that this is what we did at MK closing one night. The line for POR was very, very long. So we took the bus to POFQ and walked to POR. It's a pretty walk along the river. We were not the only ones walking. Took less time than waiting for multiple buses to load, etc.

This is a great idea as my husband and I don't mind doing a lot of walking.

Please excuse my very noobish question here, but I see a lot of people mentioning using taxis and I'm not sure how this works at WDW. Are there areas outside the parks/hotels where taxis are lined up and you can hail one or are you scheduling a taxi pick up some way?

In 25 resort stays, at all four levels of Disney resorts, I have never spent three hours on Disney busses, even in days we did all four parks with a resort break thrown in for good measure!

We have stayed at POR five times and the busses have always been just fine. It's our favorite resort!

I think it was 3hrs each day maybe taking mid day breaks etc. But thank you everyone for your input! Taking the PORFQ bus too is a great tip. But I think my kids may shoot us - we are going to TRY not renting a stroller this time around for my 8 year old and 6 year old.

I think I'm subconsciously trying to get out of staying at this resort and paying the extra $1500 or so to stay in a deluxe. We stayed at WL last August and I fell in LOVE. But it's not available with the free dining offer we got when we stayed in August so our TA recommended POR.

We've stayed at POR several times, and have had no issues with the buses. We used the West stop last 2 times, and even there, the bus was partially full at times. So, I think they switch up the first stops at times. We've had to stand several times. We have had good service at south, but that was 3 years ago, so it is a "crap shoot" as to which bus stop is the best. I have seen several people hurrying to the West depot just because it is advertised as the best, but this has only made it very crowded resulting in having to stand up in a crowded bus many times. So, I would just go to the stop closest to my room and go with the flow. We did have to wait one time in several years for a bus back to POR from Hollywood studios for about 30 minutes, but that has been the longest wait for us. Guess what I am trying to say is that all the planning, studying in the world might not be the way it actually is when you get there.

Maybe if they went to each park and back? Like to ak, back to por, to hs, back to por, etc.....that would be a waste, but maybe that's how you could add it up? Haha

My friend and I stayed at POR during Labor Day weekend and used the South stop. The longest we waited for a bus was 15 - 20 minutes. The longest ride we took on the bus was maybe 30 minutes, if not less. Three hours a day sounds like quite the exaggeration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter