POR Question

Anne MN

DIS Veteran
Here is a question that hopefully someone can answer.
If we have 5 in our family and stay in the rooms with the trundle, are any of them full accessible? if not, do they do like every other resort, or are we "stuck" paying for 2 rooms?

I would tend to doubt it. All the moderates (except CBR) rooms are 314 sq ft total, which includes the bathroom and dressing area. When you figure two double beds and a trrundle bed it will become very difficult to maneuver a wheelchair. Also the fully accessible rooms tend to have slightly larger bathrooms than standard so that takes away from the general living area.

Cheshire Figment said:
I would tend to doubt it. All the moderates (except CBR) rooms are 314 sq ft total, which includes the bathroom and dressing area. When you figure two double beds and a trrundle bed it will become very difficult to maneuver a wheelchair. Also the fully accessible rooms tend to have slightly larger bathrooms than standard so that takes away from the general living area.
::yes::
The fully accessible rooms need to have a 3 foot wide "passage" through all areas of the room for wheelchair access. It's been a long time since we stayed there (in a regular room with a small child's wheelchair).
The "footprint" of the accessible room is the same as a regular room. They just arrange the space a bit differently. As Mike mentioned, in order to make the bathroom bigger, they have to take some space from the sleeping portion of the room, so I doubt that 2 double beds and a trundle would fit.

I know that when you have 4 people and need an accessible room, they have to give you accomidations that fit 4 (which might mean a king room and a connecting room with 2 double beds). I don't know if they have to do that with 5, but someone will probably post who does know.

in 6/03 we stayed at POR with 5 poeple. i made the ressies for 5, and then let them know i needed an accessible room. i was transferred to the special reservations people. when we arrived we found out that they comped us a connecting room, since the accessible rooms have lower beds and therefore no trundles. our papers from them had said "guaranteed connecting for families," but i had thought that they were referring to my brother's and sister's rooms. we were very grateful for the extra space, since it was pretty tight using the wc in that room, and would have been even harder with all us us in the same room.

Thanks All.
We were looking at either having to pay for 2 rooms at a value, or go deluxe. pretty BIG price difference. It is good to know that there is an option at the Moderates.
I know that one group of dates we were looking at it was $160.00 + tax (roughly) for 2 rooms at value, or close to $400.00 at either poly or GF. I looked at DVC (thanks Sue!!) but hubby wanted to stay at one of the "regular" resorts. He is expecting to have to pay for 2 value, but knowing this info will make him a little happier. He gets to go on his "guy" trips, but he has to take the family to disney every couple of years. he said "ok" he was just in the Bahamas scuba diving and fishing, they are planning to go fishing later this year again.

Don't know the ages of your children, but they only allow 5 in a POR room with a young child to use the trundle...a teen, for instance wouldn't fit as the 5th guest, even without an accessible room.
Kathy

my youngest will be 5 and her older sisters will be 10. celebrating their 11th b-day :love:
but they look like 10, 6, & 4 if they all stand next to each other. it is funny, they have kept trying to charge the smaller twin as a toddler the last 2 times we were there. they were 6 & 9. the smaller twin is 40 lbs and 46 inches tall. she is the one with all the medical issues. but she has such a bright smile for everyone. she had to have a lot of blood drawn the other day (all the lab people know her and "fight" over who gets to take her blood :flower: ) and she had a huge smile for all of them, even when they were sticking her with needles.

Anne MN said:
my youngest will be 5 and her older sisters will be 10. celebrating their 11th b-day :love:
but they look like 10, 6, & 4 if they all stand next to each other. it is funny, they have kept trying to charge the smaller twin as a toddler the last 2 times we were there. they were 6 & 9.....
It's funny, we've had the opposite. My 2 girls are 3 years apart and look sort of similar. Once the oldest got to be about 9 and her sister was 6, people started asking if they were twins. My older DD is small framed, but average height. My younger DD is small framed and below average height, but still people ask if they are twins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter