Port Orleans-French Quarter: Can we get normal/real coke anywhere?

jbethel77

Mouseketeer
We stayed at FQ several years ago before becoming DVC members. Last time we loved it, so we’re trying it again since we’re out of points for spring break.
From what I understand, the food court has freestyle machines... to each their own, but my family HATES freestyle coke! We actually aren’t usually big soda drinkers, prefer water mostly. But at Disney, we enjoy what we call “Disney coke”! Especially if we have the resort mugs.
Is there anywhere at the resort to get normal or old fashioned Coca-Cola? Not a deal breaker bc the resort is still lovely, but thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask!
Thanks!

We stayed at FQ several years ago before becoming DVC members. Last time we loved it, so we’re trying it again since we’re out of points for spring break.
From what I understand, the food court has freestyle machines... to each their own, but my family HATES freestyle coke! We actually aren’t usually big soda drinkers, prefer water mostly. But at Disney, we enjoy what we call “Disney coke”! Especially if we have the resort mugs.
Is there anywhere at the resort to get normal or old fashioned Coca-Cola? Not a deal breaker bc the resort is still lovely, but thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask!
Thanks!
Not that I was able to find. I agree freestyle coke is not the same.

I think POR might still be a "regular" machine so if needed you could walk over there?!
We just stayed at POR over the weekend and I can confirm they still have regular machines. Dh likes them better than the freestyle. I don’t notice much of a difference

I think POR might still be a "regular" machine so if needed you could walk over there?!

About how far of a walk would that be? Trying to decide if it’d be worth it just for soda! My husband is the most adamant about his dislike for freestyle coke, so might easily be able to talk him into trekking over there!

If you like Cherry Coke, that’s what hubby and I got out of the POFQ Freestyle machines, and we thought it was delicious! Maybe the cherry really makes a difference! Lol riverside had classic machines when we were there in August - I assume they still do

About how far of a walk would that be? Trying to decide if it’d be worth it just for soda! My husband is the most adamant about his dislike for freestyle coke, so might easily be able to talk him into trekking over there!
It’s probably a 10 minute walk or so. It’s not bad at all

The walk to POR isn't bad but I'm not sure I'd want to walk up there just to fill up a soda. There are vending machines where you can buy a plastic botttle. I just arrange to get a case of soda so we don't have to buy from Disney at all.

Thanks!

You can buy bottled coke in the gift shop. If you get the 2L size, I believe it's cheaper then those $4 18/20 oz sodas they sell. I like to buy OJ, Coke, and milk from the gift shop to keep in the room b/c the individual bottle prices for these items are ridiculous. Hotels with DVC attached have a wider selection. POFQ is pretty small in their selection of items but they will definitely have coke.

Just order it from one of the delivery services if it’s that important. I guarantee it’ll be cheaper.

Personally I love the freestyle machines because they’re the only way I can get regular Coke with Lime anymore. I just hate what a gross sticky mess they make everything.

Just order it from one of the delivery services if it’s that important. I guarantee it’ll be cheaper.

Good point! We have used Garden Grocer in the past and can recommend them! You can place your order weeks in advance and have it delivered to bell services at your resort. When we used it, we ordered a couple of cases of bottled water and some canned Cokes to split between our group. They also have lots of breakfast items and cold/produce items- that’s how we bought bananas and heavy cream for my coffee each morning too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter