Port to Sanford Airport

smeecanada

DIS Veteran
Looking at a flight out of Sanford Airport after our cruise. Couple of questions - How to get to Sanford Airport from the port? Is a 11:57 am flight too risky?

It's about an hour and 10 minutes if there are no traffic slow downs. Orlando is about 45 minutes to make the comparison.

Thanks already figured out the times - trying to figure out how to get there. Is there reliable shuttles?

Thanks already figured out the times - trying to figure out how to get there. Is there reliable shuttles?
Sanford lists shuttles, but no idea how reliable they are. Never understood why it isn't a more popular airport for cruise and WDW guests. I would consider 11:57 am too early for MCO, so also too early for Sanford given it is further away.
Every time I have been through MCO for cruise and WDW security leaving has been a huge pain. We got to MCO at 10:15 am, had our boarding pass and were in the security line by 10:30 am, and by the time we got to our gate, we literally walked right onto our 12:35pm flight. I wouldn't book a flight out of MCO before 1 pm and Sanford before 2 pm.

Thanks that is what I'm concerned about. We did a really close flight from San Diego after the WBPC - but the big difference was it was only about a 15 min cab ride to the airport. Will explore other options.

Sanford has a handful of flights a day and nowhere near the congestion at security as does MCO. Noon-ish, with a reliable shuttle service (sorry, don't know of any; did you do an Uber estimate?) would be fine.

Sanford lists shuttles, but no idea how reliable they are. Never understood why it isn't a more popular airport for cruise and WDW guests.
Because Allegiant has very limited flights and no alternatives if they cancel.. The other 2 primarily serve Canada and Sun Country already goes to OIA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter