PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

So - its not quite clear to me and I have seen a handful of complaints about rooms at PBR - my stay was fine, but the room was the old configuration which sort of surprised me since I thought the entire hotel was refurbished and done in December - was it only a partial referb? I did have a water pressure issue on the 5th floor so the shower diverter could not kick in - they replaced the shower head and I guess that fixed it - but that may have been coincidental. I had expected a walk in shower as I have seen in the remodeled rooms.
My bathroom was the old configuration also - garden view 2 Q in west wing, 2nd floor.

Typically the garden view rooms (regular rooms) still have the large 2 queen layout with the desk and two chairs on either side of desk and corner chair and Ottoman. The difference is the garden view usually only has the tub with the shower on the wall above the tub.

The deluxe room bathroom is larger and has both a stand alone shower and a tub and large two sink vanity with the same dark blue louver doors on the cabinet.

Patster734 I have never seen the bathroom layout on your photos. The bathroom looks more compact and it’s definitely a remodel with the subway tiles and the new shower.

I’am wondering if they are only going to do this to certain rooms.

The deluxe room I had on my recent stay had all new carpet, headboard and new curtains other then that everything else was the same. I like the present layout of the deluxe rooms. I hope they don’t change them all.

Typically the garden view rooms (regular rooms) still have the large 2 queen layout with the desk and two chairs on either side of desk and corner chair and Ottoman. The difference is the garden view usually only has the tub with the shower on the wall above the tub.

The deluxe room bathroom is larger and has both a stand alone shower and a tub and large two sink vanity with the same dark blue louver doors on the cabinet.

Patster734 I have never seen the bathroom layout on your photos. The bathroom looks more compact and it’s definitely a remodel with the subway tiles and the new shower.

I’am wondering if they are only going to do this to certain rooms.

The deluxe room I had on my recent stay had all new carpet, headboard and new curtains other then that everything else was the same. I like the present layout of the deluxe rooms. I hope they don’t change them all.

Thanks. We had to watch the sliding shower door that didn’t alway shut tightly against the wall. First time I used it, I accidentally allowed about an inch between the door and wall which allowed quite a bit of water out. Didn’t make that mistake the remainder of the week. Also as Tony mentioned, no USB ports and few power outlets was a surprise. Still, I loved the space. With 5 adults in the room (2 Queen beds and a cot in the corner), I felt we had plenty of space when in the room.

Just back from our first Portofino stay. Loved the resort. Was worried about the walk, but it wasn't that bad at all. . We are DVC folks who often stay at Boardwalk, and are very accustomed to the walk from there to HS and Epcot, also used to the long hallways at BWV...which was good, because we were pretty far down the hallway in the East Wing...most days not an issue, but after hot park days, there was more walking in the sun from the boat dock to the room than I'd hoped for. After 1st morning walking to parks though, I opted for boat rides all the other times.
Boat service was good. One blip though. My husband and son were waiting for the boat back from studios, when they announced boat was disabled, and would be awhile, advised everyone to walk or bus. They walked, and by the time we were ready to go back to City walk, boats were running again.
Also, late wed night, like in the 11 and 12 o'clock hours, the boat was combined w Hard Rock, so 2 stops, Didnt' affect our ride, and didn't have wait any longer, just didn't know they sometimes combine.
Only used the quiet pool next to the main pool, and enjoyed it. Very large, and also has a hot tub and plunge pool. Kids just didn't want to get into the sand/big pool, so never tried it. Looked very nice though.
Room was very, very spacious. We did get the new bathroom configuration, which was a pain sometimes, and NO idea why in the world there is so much unused space in there, but we did utilize the area for storage. So very much wish the sinks were separated though, so someone could be using them while someone else using other utilities. That may be the only knock against the room.
but we managed. Lots of storage under coffee pot, next to dresser, and REALLY liked having the table w 2 chairs. We ended up eating several meals there. The beds were VERY comfortable. plenty of pillows, 2 per person, extra blanket.
we forgot to leave out the do not disturb sign, and did come back to made beds, extra towels/toiletries, and some straightening, so they are doing cleaning.
Would love to stay here again on return trips. Beautiful, beautiful resort.
This thread was so very helpful too. Thanks for all the tips and info here.

Just back from our first Portofino stay. Loved the resort. Was worried about the walk, but it wasn't that bad at all. . We are DVC folks who often stay at Boardwalk, and are very accustomed to the walk from there to HS and Epcot, also used to the long hallways at BWV...which was good, because we were pretty far down the hallway in the East Wing...most days not an issue, but after hot park days, there was more walking in the sun from the boat dock to the room than I'd hoped for. After 1st morning walking to parks though, I opted for boat rides all the other times.
Boat service was good. One blip though. My husband and son were waiting for the boat back from studios, when they announced boat was disabled, and would be awhile, advised everyone to walk or bus. They walked, and by the time we were ready to go back to City walk, boats were running again.
Also, late wed night, like in the 11 and 12 o'clock hours, the boat was combined w Hard Rock, so 2 stops, Didnt' affect our ride, and didn't have wait any longer, just didn't know they sometimes combine.
Only used the quiet pool next to the main pool, and enjoyed it. Very large, and also has a hot tub and plunge pool. Kids just didn't want to get into the sand/big pool, so never tried it. Looked very nice though.
Room was very, very spacious. We did get the new bathroom configuration, which was a pain sometimes, and NO idea why in the world there is so much unused space in there, but we did utilize the area for storage. So very much wish the sinks were separated though, so someone could be using them while someone else using other utilities. That may be the only knock against the room.
but we managed. Lots of storage under coffee pot, next to dresser, and REALLY liked having the table w 2 chairs. We ended up eating several meals there. The beds were VERY comfortable. plenty of pillows, 2 per person, extra blanket.
we forgot to leave out the do not disturb sign, and did come back to made beds, extra towels/toiletries, and some straightening, so they are doing cleaning.

I`m so glad to hear you had such a lovely trip and enjoyed PBH.

And thank you for coming back to let us know how it went and give a review.....always appreciated :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your experience!! Sounded like a great visit

Thank you for posting this! So glad it's back - their website still shows this as suspended. Would really like one around the holidays with the tree/decorations up- I think they did one in 2019, but if not this year, maybe next year. Just so glad it's back and it wasn't permanently discontinued!:dogdance: Thank you again for posting!

Looking at PBH Facebook page, I think tickets go on sale tomorrow. The event shows up in Eventbrite, but the ticket purchase page isn’t accessible yet.

https://harbor-nights-menu.constantcontactsites.com/
Through Eventbrite, I was able to access this page which has links to Food and to Drinks. The links aren’t fully populated, but I suspect they will by tomorrow.

Reactions: shh
Looking at PBH Facebook page, I think tickets go on sale tomorrow. The event shows up in Eventbrite, but the ticket purchase page isn’t accessible yet.

https://harbor-nights-menu.constantcontactsites.com/
Through Eventbrite, I was able to access this page which has links to Food and to Drinks. The links aren’t fully populated, but I suspect they will by tomorrow.

It’s now available. Got tickets for DW and me. Went with VIP seating.

Does anyone know if the club level queen rooms all have bay view? Also, are these rooms spread throughout the resort… west wing, east wing and villa? I also saw a video on one of these rooms with a door to the toilet area, somewhat compartmentalized. Do all of the club rooms have this feature or just certain areas of the resort?
I did my 1st PBH in May. We had a cl room and requested a balcony at check in. It was a hike to the lounge BUT WOW . We had a 6th floor large patio . Also I had dd and her soon to be fiance. Our bathroom had a shower, and separate toilet room. My pix were posted in May . Let me see if I can provide the link.

We are here now for 4 nights staying club level and I wanted to give our impressions. I will also update this post to include our food offerings. I don't take food pictures typically, but hopefully it helps someone as I felt like club level offerings were not reviewed often.
First of all, the hotel is stunning. Thanks to advice on the board, I requested a balcony room. I do think it took longer to get ready because of that (we arrived a little after one and it wasn't ready until almost 4) but it was well worth the wait as the view is just incredible. We have a 5th floor room overlooking the Villa Pool and the view is incredible. Yes, it is a hike from the lounge and lobby, but a very short walk to either of the pools and very quiet.
We all love the hotel. The boat service has been impeccable, the only time we had a longer wait was right after park close where I think we waited about 20 minutes and 2 boats before we got on. We should've probably just walked as it is a beautiful walk and would've gotten us back quicker.
The staff has been phenomenal, especially the club level staff. So great with the kids and always attentive. Because of the renovations we are in the first floor lounge, but we have really enjoyed eating in the piazza and letting the kids play out there while we relaxed.
The opera singer performs every night from 6:30 to 7, I know they recently came back so I wanted to update.
The Club level offerings are breakfast from 7-10:30 am, Afternoon snacks are from 12-3:30 pm, dinner is from 5-7 pm, alcohol is 5-8 pm, and dessert is 8 to 9:30 pm. There is a cooler full of drinks available from 7 am to 10 pm as well as coffee and single pieces of fruit (apples, bananas, and oranges.)
Breakfast has always been an assortment of donuts and pastries, hard boiled eggs, bagels and toast, oatmeal, cereal, and a breakfast sandwich. One morning was essentially a Egg McMuffin but was very tasty. This morning was ham, egg, and cheese on a Hawaiian roll. There is also a fridge with yogurt and some sort of carb side (hash browns and potato wedges so far)
Afternoon snacks have essentially been the same every day...cut up veggies and dip, pastries and donuts, and bagged chips.
Dinner has rotated every night. The first night was a Chicken Caprese, rice, and green beans with squash. The second night was beef tips, risotto, and green beans with mushrooms. The third night was a bone in chicken dish, potato wedges, and asparagus with roasted cauliflower. It also includes cut up veggies, dinner rolls, cheese chunks, and crackers. Our last night was this delicious sausage mix, spaghetti squash, and pasta.
The alcohol has been 4 or so types of wine with maybe 5 or 6 types of beer (I don't drink beer so I didn't look closely). Drinks with spirits are $7.
Dessert are some type of cookie (mainly chocolate chip) and two other individual desserts. The first night I didn't write it down, but yesterday was a chocolate coffee tart and cheesecake. Tonight was a rasberry cheesecake and a delicious mini key lime pie. Our final night was that berry vanilla dish people seem to love on here and another cheesecake.
If you have any questions, I will be here two more nights so I will check it out!

Last edited:
We are here now for 4 nights staying club level and I wanted to give our impressions. I will also update this post to include our food offerings. I don't take food pictures typically, but hopefully it helps someone as I felt like club level offerings were not reviewed often.
First of all, the hotel is stunning. Thanks to advice on the board, I requested a balcony room. I do think it took longer to get ready because of that (we arrived a little after one and it wasn't ready until almost 4) but it was well worth the wait as the view is just incredible. We have a 5th floor room overlooking the Villa Pool and the view is incredible. Yes, it is a hike from the lounge and lobby, but a very short walk to either of the pools and very quiet.
We all love the hotel. The boat service has been impeccable, the only time we had a longer wait was right after park close where I think we waited about 20 minutes and 2 boats before we got on. We should've probably just walked as it is a beautiful walk and would've gotten us back quicker.
The staff has been phenomenal, especially the club level staff. So great with the kids and always attentive. Because of the renovations we are in the first floor lounge, but we have really enjoyed eating in the piazza and letting the kids play out there while we relaxed.
The opera singer performs every night from 6:30 to 7, I know they recently came back so I wanted to update.
The Club level offerings are breakfast from 7-10:30 am, Afternoon snacks are from 12-3:30 pm, dinner is from 5-7 pm, alcohol is 5-8 pm, and dessert is 8 to 9:30 pm. There is a cooler full of drinks available from 7 am to 10 pm as well as coffee and single pieces of fruit (apples, bananas, and oranges.)
Breakfast has always been an assortment of donuts and pastries, hard boiled eggs, bagels and toast, oatmeal, cereal, and a breakfast sandwich. One morning was essentially a Egg McMuffin but was very tasty. This morning was ham, egg, and cheese on a Hawaiian roll. There is also a fridge with yogurt and some sort of carb side (hash browns and potato wedges so far)
Afternoon snacks have essentially been the same every day...cut up veggies and dip, pastries and donuts, and bagged chips.
Dinner has rotated every night. The first night was a Chicken Caprese, rice, and green beans with squash. The second night was beef tips, risotto, and green beans with mushrooms. The third night was a bone in chicken dish, potato wedges, and asparagus with roasted cauliflower. It also includes cut up veggies, dinner rolls, cheese chunks, and crackers.
The alcohol has been 4 or so types of wine with maybe 5 or 6 types of beer (I don't drink beer so I didn't look closely). Drinks with spirits are $7.
Dessert are some type of cookie (mainly chocolate chip) and two other individual desserts. The first night I didn't write it down, but yesterday was a chocolate coffee tart and cheesecake. Tonight was a rasberry cheesecake and a delicious mini key lime pie.
If you have any questions, I will be here two more nights so I will check it out!
Afternoon snacks have been relativel
I had my 1st stay there in May and have a single night coming up 12/1 prior to my wdw trip.

Where is the temporary lounge? I am going to be arriving around 6:30pm . The drop off is 3rd floor. So I go past check-in and and is it stairs or elevator to get down? I get lost so easily. Dd had to keep directing me last time but she arrives later this trip I’ll be alone.

I think I had same view as you, pool with a peek of Hogwarts castle.

Thx for posting.

Last edited:
I had my 1st stay there in May and have a single night coming up 12/1 prior to my wdw trip.

Where is the temporary lounge? I am going to be arriving around 6:30pm . The drop off is 3rd floor. So I go past check-in and and is it stairs or elevator to get down? I get lost so easily. Dd had to keep directing me last time but she arrives later this trip I’ll be alone.

I think I had same view as you, pool with a peek of Hogwarts castle.

Thx for posting.

The temporary lounge is basically across the central piazza from the regular club lounge. Still on the third floor. (at least is was on Saturday when we checked out)

In my mind, I go in through the front entrance, past the check in desk on my right, turn right into that little alley and follow it. If it looks like a street you are in the right place. I think the street bears to the left and you should see the rooms they are using just past the gazebo.

Dinner has rotated every night. The first night was a Chicken Caprese, rice, and green beans with squash. The second night was beef tips, risotto, and green beans with mushrooms. The third night was a bone in chicken dish, potato wedges, and asparagus with roasted cauliflower. It also includes cut up veggies, dinner rolls, cheese chunks, and crackers.
Dessert are some type of cookie (mainly chocolate chip) and two other individual desserts. The first night I didn't write it down, but yesterday was a chocolate coffee tart and cheesecake. Tonight was a rasberry cheesecake and a delicious mini key lime pie.
Afternoon snacks have been relativel
Thank-you for posting all this! It was great to read. Is the club lounge open for breakfast before the parks open? Thank-you!!!!

The temporary lounge is basically across the central piazza from the regular club lounge. Still on the third floor. (at least is was on Saturday when we checked out)
In my mind, I go in through the front entrance, past the check in desk on my right, turn right into that little alley and follow it. If it looks like a street you are in the right place. I think the street bears to the left and you should see the rooms they are using just past the gazebo.
Ok I think the other poster confused me with calling it 1St floor vs lobby floor. Easy enough to do!

Thanks for the help. It makes sense now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter