PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Nevermind, did manage to find some posts regarding AMEX FHR stays from last year that answered my questions.

Last edited:
Just back from a five night stay at Portifino and had a wonderful stay. I’ve stayed a few nights here and there over the years but this trip actually spent time enjoying the resort. It was truly relaxing and such a beautiful resort. I think I may be leaning towards it being my new favorite. It has taken me all these years to figure out the layout and not get lost as well. It’s a massive resort with lobby, pool and harbor all on different levels.

For those who are curious about which rooms have the new bathroom layout with the enclosed toilet, only the deluxe rooms in the villa wing have this layout. I really wanted that separate water closet and was able to get it since I’d booked deluxe. Club rooms would receive this layout as well. When you have four girls getting ready in the mornings, it’s a godsend. Just wish they would have frosted the showers doors as well.

Looking forward to my next stay in February!

...just got back over a week ago:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgEgVAHJmskhWZ-JWI7O9rKaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJiBo54b15WHGQeBg842zaKzaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjOzZ4qBE0eN8zE7ypbRrNHqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhfPkyC43O3BV_5L2rxvnI7V7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgcx2G_fDI8RgNa8nGY3PXFqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgK_CLJR7W3a_ck6k45z5X-UnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJiR_ppBi_uGGneTtdjeLg0-VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhzijkiWZjJF7p5gaQnwHOzldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

Just back from a five night stay at Portifino and had a wonderful stay.....It has taken me all these years to figure out the layout and not get lost as well. It’s a massive resort with lobby, pool and harbor all on different levels.....
...ITA - it was too darn spread out and confusing....I especially loved the pool area - so relaxing.

We have a Deluxe Room booked for next month and I called the reservations line asking if we could upgrade our booking to Club. The rep said no, but that we could ask at the check-in desk upon arrival. Has anyone had success doing this? Also wondering how much the upgrade would cost (rep didn't know when I asked)...

We have a Deluxe Room booked for next month and I called the reservations line asking if we could upgrade our booking to Club. The rep said no, but that we could ask at the check-in desk upon arrival. Has anyone had success doing this? Also wondering how much the upgrade would cost (rep didn't know when I asked)...
We were offered Club upgrade at check-in for our September trip. It was $150/night. I don't know if the price varies. We didn't take it, because it was just me and my minor age son and we had plans to eat at specific favorite restaurants of his in the parks and City Walk, so wasn't worth the additional cost.

Is there a list of when there are annual pass discounts on the rooms at Portofino Bay? do they publish when? Is there a web site that has dates of discounted rooms?

We have a Deluxe Room booked for next month and I called the reservations line asking if we could upgrade our booking to Club. The rep said no, but that we could ask at the check-in desk upon arrival. Has anyone had success doing this? Also wondering how much the upgrade would cost (rep didn't know when I asked).
Do you have an AP? The difference between our Club Level room and a standard room is less than $75 a night, and we will be staying at the end of the month. I just checked and there looks to be a lot of available rooms but I didn't know what days you were going. Might be something to look into if you haven't already.

Do you have an AP? The difference between our Club Level room and a standard room is less than $75 a night, and we will be staying at the end of the month. I just checked and there looks to be a lot of available rooms but I didn't know what days you were going. Might be something to look into if you haven't already.
Thanks, we don't have an AP. I did notice that a club level room shows as being available for ~$60 more per night for a 3 night stay (Fri-Mon). Our stay in the non-club room is Sat-Mon in that same window but the option doesn't appear for that time range unfortunately. I'm hoping we can upgrade at check-in for around the same cost, but it sounds like it might be more (based on the experience of one of the previous posters).

Thanks, we don't have an AP. I did notice that a club level room shows as being available for ~$60 more per night for a 3 night stay (Fri-Mon). Our stay in the non-club room is Sat-Mon in that same window but the option doesn't appear for that time range unfortunately. I'm hoping we can upgrade at check-in for around the same cost, but it sounds like it might be more (based on the experience of one of the previous posters).
The best rate you are likely to get is one that you've booked in advance.

Universal uses a complex algorithm to determine room rates and availability. (For example, if you try to book one night, nothing might show up. But if you book 3 nights, the room you are looking for is available.)

In addition, it appears that if another guest cancels a room, that room will be freed up at that rate.

The point is, keep checking (multiple times per day, if possible) and the room you are looking for might just show up.

Just got back from PBH. We usually stay at HRH but decided to try PBH this trip. We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel definitely has a more relaxing atmosphere than Hard Rock. We never enjoy the loud rock music in the lobby at all times of the day, but we would still stay there if we have to.

Again, as for PBH we really liked it and we think that will be our first choice from now on. Our only real complaints about PBH are:

1) We rented a cabana and it was filthy. They didn't clean the table or chairs. They are wrought iron style so not easy to just wipe down ourselves. The lounge chair cushions felt old and dirty too. They have the lounge chair towels that stay on with a "hood," so that was nice. They should whip out a power washer each morning when they know they have a cabana reservation.

Also, the privacy panels don't stay closed. The velcro tabs are so old they don't stick. The family in the cabana next to us complained and someone came over and reattached the velcro, but as soon as they walked away the panels came apart again (it was breezy). I happened to have two large safety pins in our room so we got them and used them for the one side that separated us from them. The cabanas are very close together. The panels also seemed very old and dirty. The whole cabana felt old and dirty. But it was nice having one, just not as "nice" as we expected.

2) Mama Della's... The food was good. Nothing amazing, but pretty good for Universal. We all enjoyed our meals. The service was good, too. My only complaint is the "entertainment" while dining. We don't enjoy live entertainment that comes to your table. We find it awkward, and prefer to just enjoy our meal. I also don't appreciate the obvious waiting for a tip. We should not have to "pay" for entertainment... especially when it's so awkward. We preferred listening to them on the balcony. We really enjoyed that.

3) The shower curtain liner in our room was gross (stained and smelled mildewed). I texted their service for them to change it out when they come up to clean our room. Instead someone came up and brought it to me a few minutes later. He just handed it to me. I asked him if he expected me to change it out. I'm not sure he spoke English, which is fine, but he basically told me yes, and pointed to my bathroom. So I didn't appreciate having to remove the old one and put in the new one. (It was a new packaged one, which was nice.) I probably should have complained and asked them to do it but it all seemed pretty ridiculous. Fortunately they just snap off and on so it was simple to do. But still.

4) Not a big issue... Probably not a "complaint," but I REALLY wish they had a separate sink/vanity so we didn't have to wait for someone to be done using the bathroom to brush our teeth, get ready, etc. Doesn't work so well with four people, family or not. I did move the blow dryer and my make-up, styling products, etc to the coffee station area (moved all the coffee stuff to one side since we don't use it). I got ready there each morning. Not a big deal, but the mirror was too high for me for it to be very useful.

That's all I can think of right now. Even with those few complaints I wish I was still there right now.

Has anyone used the kids club Campo Portofino recently that could comment? I see on this thread it's still offered but can't seem to find any info on the official site about whether it's returned post Covid or not.

Just got a nice deal on Portofino Bay via Priceline. Will Bell Services store luggage after checkout if we plan to head to the parks and won't be leaving until later that evening?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter